Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    ^^^Calderon, TOR 1st, Terrence Ross . I would love that deal for Gortat.
    That would be sweet. Think we could tack on Beasley or Frye to that deal too?

vCash
    if the draft is held today, we'd be picking 8th..

i heard that the draft next year is not as deep as this year's, anybody have any idea who'd be in the 8-10 range?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayin'zona View Post
    That would be sweet. Think we could tack on Beasley or Frye to that deal too?
    I doubt it. Both are long bad contracts.
    I'm pretty sure their first was traded in the Lowry deal anyway.

vCash
    ^^I'll take Amir or Ed if they have no pick. Throw Dudley and ask for a 2nd or next years first. We can definitely get something from them, OKC and POR(rebuilding wise).

vCash
    ^^I'll take Amir or Ed if they have no pick. Throw Dudley and ask for a 2nd or next years first. We can definitely get something from them, OKC and POR(rebuilding wise).
    Amir's contract isn't too pretty either. I would only take him on if they took Beasley or Frye from us. Not likely.
    At this point, I just want to get younger with potential. Deal Gortat, Dudley, Telfair, O'neal for anything that will help our future.

We have the 7th worst record in the league right now and only 2.5 games behind the worst record in the league (somehow we've played 5 more games than the Wizards have).

vCash
    If you're looking for a Gortat trade partner you should focus your thoughts on potential playoff teams. It would make no sense for a team like Toronto to trade for him. If anything I expect the Raptors to start shamelessly tanking because the pick they owe OKC (via Houston) is only protected if it falls in the top 3.

vCash
    So possibly to Boston for Sullinger? Or Bradley? Not sure what, if anything, they'd be willing to give up.

I feel like losing Gortat would be more beneficial to move up in the draft.

vCash
    If we can somehow trade for Williams, and Get a SG like a Rudy Gay or someone then we would be in good shape

vCash
    Maybe try to get Dwayne Wade

Gortat,Dudley,and Brown for Wade

Then trade Lakers 1st for D.Williams(Wolves)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    So possibly to Boston for Sullinger? Or Bradley? Not sure what, if anything, they'd be willing to give up.

Exactly we need to focus on what's best for us not for Gortat or any other team. Believe it or not there are teams like POR's and TOR's who may think acquiring a legit C like Gortat can launch them into a playoff spot. I really don't see why we would trade with BOS when we can possibly get better deals. But if playoff team is who you wanna deal with than OKC>>>>> any other playoff team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thephoenixson28 View Post

I like that but no way theyd pull the trigger. Maybe unless we givem a first

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thephoenixson28 View Post

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills...

Exactly we need to focus on what's best for us not for Gortat or any other team. Believe it or not there are teams like POR's and TOR's who may think acquiring a legit C like Gortat can launch them into a playoff spot. I really don't see why we would trade with BOS when we can possibly get better deals. But if playoff team is who you wanna deal with than OKC>>>>> any other playoff team.
    I doubt Toronto at 4-15 thinks getting a mediocre center will launch them into the playoffs. Maybe you could have approached them during the draft when they had high hopes with that kind of an offer (I said during the draft we should have been willing to sell everyone to load up on youth), but at this point there is no way Toronto has any illusions about what their team is. They are going to be sellers this year, not buyers.

A playoff team is the only option in these kinds of trades. Why would a lotto bound team want to trade young guys and picks?

vCash
    ^^^^Tor ain't the only team out there. I can assure you there are plenty of fringe playoff teams that would take our mediocre talent. You point out 1 thing how about you stop focusing on a single phrase and focus on the whole paragraph. I suggested TOR because that is a team who we could deal with since their C position is not their strength. You're right about them tanking I'll give you that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post

If I'm remembering correctly, news around the boards is that they want a good big. Which means they don't think too highly of Sullinger's ability to help them yet.

I would love to get Bradley and Sullinger for Gortat and Dudley. Is that balanced? Would either side have to throw in a pick? Do they have any expiring contracts to take instead of Sullinger (since Morris has been playing well)?

vCash
    Phx gets: Turner
    Phx sends: Gortat

Phi gets: J-smoove, Gortat
    Phi sends: Bynum, Turner

Atl gets: Bynum
    Atl sends: J-smoove

^^^ anybody care to elaborate on that trade layout or would that be too much on the Phily side.

Page 24 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast