Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=dxv9r94

See this is what it would look like. We probably have to give 2 1st rounders. Just make our pick protected if we have a worst record than they do and theirs can be top 2 or top 3 protected. Overall this helps the cavs and us. Their highest paid player is Gortat at under 7.3 mill with 2 or 3 picks in this draft. We lose some of the offense Gortat brings but we get what we need for this team that we are "TRYING" to build(a C who doesnt complain and does his job of protecting the paint and eating glass). The cavs get the offensive help they need in the front court to take some pressure off Kyrie and Waiters. Kieff is an upgrade over any of their current PF's and Dudley makes their wing rotation a bit better. Wes is just an expiring just like Walton. Tristan can be kept for thos season and next then we can just let him be a free agent in 2014 when there is going to be some strong FA's. We're looking at cap space for 1 max deal this year and another the following year(assuming our FO makes the right moves). Ooooh by the way Varejao also has a team option for the 2014-15 season. That's 16 mill off the books just on those 2 if we go that route.
    I'm sorry but that is a flat out awful trade for Cleveland. I dont see any way it even remotely benefits them. They lose their 2nd best player who is on an absolute steal of a contract for guys who make them worse in the present AND they give up what will likely be a very high lotto pick. And you are really over-estimating the Gortat offensive upgrade over Verajao, that really is not an upgrade at all in the post. Anderson is a much stronger finisher around the hoop and his defense and rebounding absolutely crush Gortat's. That is a miserable trade. If you dont believe me post in on their board, they will be revolted at that proposition.
    Last edited by Phrazbit; 11-30-2012 at 03:00 AM.

vCash
    I think we should trade Dudley for Jordan Crawford, Alec Burks or MarShon Brooks. All three guys have a ton of potential and aren't starting on their teams right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    I'm sorry but that is a flat out awful trade for Cleveland. I dont see any way it even remotely benefits them. They lose their 2nd best player who is on an absolute steal of a contract for guys who make them worse in the present AND they give up what will likely be a very high lotto pick. And you are really over-estimating the Gortat offensive upgrade over Verajao, that really is not an upgrade at all in the post. Anderson is a much stronger finisher around the hoop and his defense and rebounding absolutely crush Gortat's. That is a miserable trade. If you dont believe me post in on their board, they will be revolted at that proposition.
    This is your opinion. But according to hollingers PER its pretty even and as a matter of fact the Cavs become slightly better with a few more wins and upgrades at the starting PF, the SF or the bench wing rotation, and C. Look at the #'s they don't lie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    I think we should trade Dudley for Jordan Crawford, Alec Burks or MarShon Brooks. All three guys have a ton of potential and aren't starting on their teams right now.
    Brooks would be ideal actually.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan = Donkey View Post
    Id do it, would GS though? they really like Klay
    Good question. If they think Biedrins and that other C with the weird name can hold it down until Bogut is "ready" then probably not. If they are unhappy with Bogut(which I think they are) they would do it. We probably need to take on another contract like Jefferson(ewwww).

vCash

Gortat trades

Gortat and dudley for amir johnson and derozan or
    Gortat dudley and johnson and lakers first for josh.smith and korver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmastro32 View Post
    Gortat and dudley for amir johnson and derozan or
    Gortat dudley and johnson and lakers first for josh.smith and korver
    i'm for the smith/korver trade, kinda miss having a real spot up shooter for the suns

vCash

Like that better myself

Would just want a contract extension for smith. Havent had a shooter like korver since bell or q rich.

Only do the raptor deal for youth and amir has a mean streak which the only guy we have that can do that is oneal!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    This is your opinion. But according to hollingers PER its pretty even and as a matter of fact the Cavs become slightly better with a few more wins and upgrades at the starting PF, the SF or the bench wing rotation, and C. Look at the #'s they don't lie.
    But what the hell does Cleveland care if they win like 3 more games this year? No one is going to make a trade that elevates them from 25 up to 28 wins. THAT is my point. They are screwing themselves in the long term so they can finish 12th in the conference? Its an absolutely AWFUL trade for Cleveland and there is zero reason they would remotely consider it.

EDIT: And on a 2nd look you completely misread the numbers. It shows that Cleveland LOSES 4 more games as a result of the trade. So even in an insane world where Cleveland wants to win 25 games this trade actually hurts them.
    Last edited by Phrazbit; 12-01-2012 at 07:37 PM.

vCash
    Gortat, 1st (LAL) for Bradley, Lee, Melo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan = Donkey View Post
    Gortat, 1st (LAL) for Bradley, Lee, Melo
    I like Bradley but Melo is trash and Lee is over-paid. I don't know if a deal like that would really put us in a better position than we are in now. We don't get any real potential. IMO, at best we get two good, defensive role players and a solid big guy. It does give us any opportunity to get to the next level.

vCash
    ^^^As good as Bradley is defensively we really need a young player that can score in bunches like Klay or Brooks along with an expiring and some kind of pick. That is if we choose to rebuild through youth and the draft otherwise an all-star borderline superstar player(J-smoove, Gay, Iggy) needs to be involved in any Gortat trade.

I actually would love that Smith/Korver trade. The only problem I have with it is that Kieff has been improving steadily and I would hate to put a road block in his development.
    Last edited by mdm692; 12-02-2012 at 10:39 AM.

vCash
    I don't want to do any trades that will result in more wins this season.

If we do trade anyone I hope it's for picks & expiring contracts.

vCash
    ^^^Calderon, TOR 1st, Terrence Ross . I would love that deal for Gortat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    I don't want to do any trades that will result in more wins this season.

If we do trade anyone I hope it's for picks & expiring contracts.
    The way the Suns have been playing lately, im getting to be more inclined heading into this direction

Page 23 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast