Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Do you guys think that we can get Varejao and CLE 1st for Gortat, Dudley, and a few picks?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    Do you guys think that we can get Varejao and CLE 1st for Gortat, Dudley, and a few picks?
    With the way gortat and dudley are playing, and varejao beasting, it's a long shot at best

vCash
    I would do it and i would even think of including Kieff if they return Tristan. IMO Kieff>>Tristan.

With the CLE pick we can draft Shabazz if we get lucky and bring in Josh Smith for a max.

Dragic/Marshall
    Brown/Shabazz
    Beasley/Tucker
    Josh Smith/Tristan
    Varejao/Scola?? O'neal?? FA??
    Last edited by mdm692; 11-28-2012 at 03:19 PM.

vCash
    The 2 most valuable pieces in that trade (by far) both come from Cleveland. They wouldnt give up Verajao for Gortat, not a chance, and I cant fathom why they would toss in an apparently unprotected 1st.

vCash
    What about Gortat, Dudley, 1st (Ours) for Walton (expiring) and their 1st.

They would still say no

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan = Donkey View Post
    What about Gortat, Dudley, 1st (Ours) for Walton (expiring) and their 1st.

They would still say no
    Are you kidding me? You would get rid of Dudley and Gortat just to move up in a draft when there is NEVER any proof as to what you are going to get! That is just crazy!

Also, I would never want to have to look at Luke Walton sitting at the end of our bench for another 65 games! Ish!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    The 2 most valuable pieces in that trade (by far) both come from Cleveland. They wouldnt give up Verajao for Gortat, not a chance, and I cant fathom why they would toss in an apparently unprotected 1st.
    Yes but if you can provide the right package they would do it. Gortat is better offensively IMO and if you offer them a good enough deal they would bite.

Gortat, Dudley, Wes, Kieff, Our 1st this year and MEM/MIN 1st as well for Thompson, Varejao, Walton and their 1st. It's a long shot and yes the 2 most valuable assets are Varejao and the CLE 1st. Look at the D12 trade though, the 3 main assets were D12, Iggy and Bynum and none went to ORL, given they didn't want to risk losing him for nothing.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=dxv9r94

See this is what it would look like. We probably have to give 2 1st rounders. Just make our pick protected if we have a worst record than they do and theirs can be top 2 or top 3 protected. Overall this helps the cavs and us. Their highest paid player is Gortat at under 7.3 mill with 2 or 3 picks in this draft. We lose some of the offense Gortat brings but we get what we need for this team that we are "TRYING" to build(a C who doesnt complain and does his job of protecting the paint and eating glass). The cavs get the offensive help they need in the front court to take some pressure off Kyrie and Waiters. Kieff is an upgrade over any of their current PF's and Dudley makes their wing rotation a bit better. Wes is just an expiring just like Walton. Tristan can be kept for thos season and next then we can just let him be a free agent in 2014 when there is going to be some strong FA's. We're looking at cap space for 1 max deal this year and another the following year(assuming our FO makes the right moves). Ooooh by the way Varejao also has a team option for the 2014-15 season. That's 16 mill off the books just on those 2 if we go that route.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=dxv9r94

See this is what it would look like. We probably have to give 2 1st rounders. Just make our pick protected if we have a worst record than they do and theirs can be top 2 or top 3 protected. Overall this helps the cavs and us. Their highest paid player is Gortat at under 7.3 mill with 2 or 3 picks in this draft. We lose some of the offense Gortat brings but we get what we need for this team that we are "TRYING" to build(a C who doesnt complain and does his job of protecting the paint and eating glass). The cavs get the offensive help they need in the front court to take some pressure off Kyrie and Waiters. Kieff is an upgrade over any of their current PF's and Dudley makes their wing rotation a bit better. Wes is just an expiring just like Walton. Tristan can be kept for thos season and next then we can just let him be a free agent in 2014 when there is going to be some strong FA's. We're looking at cap space for 1 max deal this year and another the following year(assuming our FO makes the right moves). Ooooh by the way Varejao also has a team option for the 2014-15 season. That's 16 mill off the books just on those 2 if we go that route.
    I'm starting to think I'd prefer Morris over Thompson.

vCash
    I would too by a mile but the deal is to get a high pick.

vCash
    Javal McGee,Iggy for Gortat,Dudley, and lakers 1st.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thephoenixson28 View Post
    Javal McGee,Iggy for Gortat,Dudley, and lakers 1st.
    Denver would want a lot more but for the sake of argument, I would be fine with Iggy while McGee is an expensive option, however, he's a role player you can put pieces around.
    He'd do well with a guard like Dragic I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orgnpurple13 View Post
    Are you kidding me? You would get rid of Dudley and Gortat just to move up in a draft when there is NEVER any proof as to what you are going to get! That is just crazy!

Also, I would never want to have to look at Luke Walton sitting at the end of our bench for another 65 games! Ish!
    Hell Yes, id make that trade. That pick will more than likely be top 3, we could get a proper legit building block for the future.
    Im sick of being an average team with no shot at the title. We are not winning a title with these group of guys, so why not trade some of them to get a top 3 pick, who could turn out to be a legit superstar.

what would you rather going into next year

Dragic/Marshall
    Dudley/Tucker
    Beasley/??????
    Morris/??????
    Gortat/??????

Dragic/Marshall
    Shabazz/Tucker
    Beasley/??????
    Morris/???????
    ???????/??????

Dragic/Marshall
    ??????/Tucker
    Beasley/?????
    Morris/??????
    Noel/??????

Id rather the bottom 2, not as good as a team, but at least we are building towards something, not wasting another year being an average team.

vCash
    Gortat, Dudley, Wes and a pick for Klay Thompson and Bogut. Gortat is already an upgrade just by being on the floor and actually playing. Thompson is the next Reggie Miller and could be the player we need at the SG position for years to come.

vCash
    Gortat, Dudley, Wes and a pick for Klay Thompson and Bogut. Gortat is already an upgrade just by being on the floor and actually playing. Thompson is the next Reggie Miller and could be the player we need at the SG position for years to come.
    Id do it, would GS though? they really like Klay

Page 22 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast