Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If we are going to trade Gortat, I'd rather get youth in return. Brook Lopez is good but we aren't in a position where he's the final piece. He would rot on our team and prevent us from being bad enough to improve through draft.

Guys like Perry Jones or Jeremy Lamb could be the best option. Or even Myers and a pick from Portland if they are willing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    Gross... Lopez is really really average. Given how bad he is on the glass I'd take Gortat over him straight up. And Lopez is locked into a really brutal contract. Lopez is a small forward locked into a center's body. 6 rebounds per game is a joke for someone with his size... and salary.
    But it's not a straight up deal, it's with new jerseys picks. Also Lopez is averaging 20 points a Game. So I can live with that. Also has almost 3 blocks a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    If we are going to trade Gortat, I'd rather get youth in return. Brook Lopez is good but we aren't in a position where he's the final piece. He would rot on our team and prevent us from being bad enough to improve through draft.

Guys like Perry Jones or Jeremy Lamb could be the best option. Or even Myers and a pick from Portland if they are willing.
    It's the same thing Gortat is doing right now. So we can use the picks to move up in the draft, or trade for someone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thephoenixson28 View Post
    It's the same thing Gortat is doing right now. So we can use the picks to move up in the draft, or trade for someone.
    Yeah but Lopez is being paid Double what Gortat's getting...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky4104 View Post
    what do you think is the best realistic deal for Gortat? or would you rather us keep him?
    I think him and Dudley to OKC for Lamb, Perkins, the Toronto pick and a future 1st would be a fair trade. To Boston for Sullinger and Bradley, or Sullinger, Melo and a couple protected 1sts.
    Quote Originally Posted by thephoenixson28 View Post
    But it's not a straight up deal, it's with new jerseys picks. Also Lopez is averaging 20 points a Game. So I can live with that. Also has almost 3 blocks a game.
    No team should be able to live with Lopez on his contract. Thats the kind of thing that ruins a team for several seasons. You are not going to win anything with him and I cant imagine being able to move him down the road.

vCash
    My ideas:

Boston/Phoenix: Jared Sullinger + Avery Bradley for Marcin Gortat + Wesley Johnson

OKC/Phoenix: Jared Dudley + Luis Scola + Channing Frye for Jeremy Lamb + Perry Jones III + Perkins

Sign Greg Oden

Dragic/Telfair/Marshall
    Bradley/Brown/Lamb
    Beasley/Tucker/PJIII
    Morris/Sullinger
    Oden/ONeal/Perkins

That's a lot of youth/potential to play with.

vCash
    Why does everyone seem to want Gortat gone? For years we all complained about how beat up we got at the Center position. Now we have a top 5 center in the West and we want to get rid of him?.. For players who hardly see playing time? C'mon man!

This team is one star wing player away from being a contender IMO.
    Last edited by orgnpurple13; 11-26-2012 at 10:08 AM.

vCash
    I don't think guys here want to get rid of him but they realise he's our most tradable asset. If we want to bring a star to Phx then trading Gortat can't be out of the question. We can trade for assets and then group them together and trade for a star or we can use those assets to build through the draft.

We can't just sign a star player as there there won't be a lot of guys who will be Free Agents this summer.

Personally I think we're more than a star player away from contending. A guy like Dragic is a great player but on a championship calibre team he's more like a second or third option. He's our version of Tony Parker, he just needs a Ginobili and Duncan to be able to win it all. We don't got that get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    I don't think guys here want to get rid of him but they realise he's our most tradable asset. If we want to bring a star to Phx then trading Gortat can't be out of the question. We can trade for assets and then group them together and trade for a star or we can use those assets to build through the draft.

We can't just sign a star player as there there won't be a lot of guys who will be Free Agents this summer.

Personally I think we're more than a star player away from contending. A guy like Dragic is a great player but on a championship calibre team he's more like a second or third option. He's our version of Tony Parker, he just needs a Ginobili and Duncan to be able to win it all. We don't got that get.
    I guess our terms of contending are a bit different. I think of a contender a top 4 or 5 team in there conference. I mean look at Indiana last year, they had the Heat on there heels in the playoffs. Most wouldn't think of them as a contender but they were a win away from playing Boston in the conference finals.

IMO if the Suns had a go-to threat at the SG positon we would be a 5 seed out west.

I feel good about both units we have right now. SG is the one position though I wish we could upgrade. Oh how I wish we would have got Harden while giving up Dudley, Frye, two 1sts, and a 2nd. :cry:

vCash
    Any trade with OKC has to at least bring back both Lamb AND Jones.
    I Heart Kimmi Smiles

Support Her!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayin'zona View Post
    My ideas:

Boston/Phoenix: Jared Sullinger + Avery Bradley for Marcin Gortat + Wesley Johnson

OKC/Phoenix: Jared Dudley + Luis Scola + Channing Frye for Jeremy Lamb + Perry Jones III + Perkins

Sign Greg Oden

Dragic/Telfair/Marshall
    Bradley/Brown/Lamb
    Beasley/Tucker/PJIII
    Morris/Sullinger
    Oden/ONeal/Perkins

That's a lot of youth/potential to play with.
    That is a horrific trade for OKC. They'd hang up the phone before you even got to the part where you told them what you wanted in return.

And Scola cant be traded for a year anyway.

vCash
    ^^^ 100% right. Just like we demand any trade involving them has to give us Lamb and/or PJIII along with the TOR(which Phrazbit brought to my attention) they have to demand Gortat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orgnpurple13 View Post
    I guess our terms of contending are a bit different. I think of a contender a top 4 or 5 team in there conference. I mean look at Indiana last year, they had the Heat on there heels in the playoffs. Most wouldn't think of them as a contender but they were a win away from playing Boston in the conference finals.

IMO if the Suns had a go-to threat at the SG positon we would be a 5 seed out west.

I feel good about both units we have right now. SG is the one position though I wish we could upgrade. Oh how I wish we would have got Harden while giving up Dudley, Frye, two 1sts, and a 2nd. :cry:
    But we shouldn't be trying to just get the 5th seed in the West and be competitive in the play-offs. We should be trying to put together a team who could win a championship. Where we seed should be a step towards our goal, not our actual goal (like it has been the last three years).

Say we had a go-to scorer at SG on a max contract (a healthy Gordon for example) with the current team and then we exited in the second round of the play-offs, where do we go from there? We wouldn't have the cap space to sign any more star power so trading a guy like Gortat would be our only real option to bring in any talent.

The best thing to do would be to trade him while his value is high, stock up multiple assets and then package them in a trade for a difference maker. Alternatively we could use those assets in the draft and build from there. As much as I like Gortat, and am impressed with his playing, IMO I think standing pat this season could hurt us in the long term.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    But we shouldn't be trying to just get the 5th seed in the West and be competitive in the play-offs. We should be trying to put together a team who could win a championship. Where we seed should be a step towards our goal, not our actual goal (like it has been the last three years).

Say we had a go-to scorer at SG on a max contract (a healthy Gordon for example) with the current team and then we exited in the second round of the play-offs, where do we go from there? We wouldn't have the cap space to sign any more star power so trading a guy like Gortat would be our only real option to bring in any talent.

The best thing to do would be to trade him while his value is high, stock up multiple assets and then package them in a trade for a difference maker. Alternatively we could use those assets in the draft and build from there. As much as I like Gortat, and am impressed with his playing, IMO I think standing pat this season could hurt us in the long term.
    I agree here. If Gortat continues to play well, it only makes sense to find a team like OKC, Portland, or even Milwaukee, that may be willing to part with assets to bring in a center like that.

Biggest thing to remember is, we are not winning a title as long as Lebron has that superteam in Miami. So why not use this time to find possible future stars and go from there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orgnpurple13 View Post

Houston's offer blows that one out of the water. I cant believe how many people throw Frye in trade scenarios. Frye couldnt be given away for free right now. Even healthy he would be hard to give away, we'd probably have to pair him with a 1st to do so, but when you factor in his heart condition he is totally immovable. Trading Frye right now would be akin to trying to sell a house for 6 times what its worth while its currently on fire.

Page 21 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast