Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 89 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    ^^^Why?? Injuries?? We're the Phx Suns not the Blazers our staff doesn't know the meaning of injuries(Stat, Hill, Redd, VC, Shaq, even Nash with his back). So I don't kniw what you mean about "fired on the spot". Now about not being able to be traded for the duration of his contract, I wasn't aware. Will you please elaborate on that.
    His contract is insane. Even if he could stay healthy he has never proven himself worthy of that kind of money, and second... yes INJURIES! The Suns staff is good but they are not Jesus. The guy cant stay healthy, he is hurt again and the season hasnt even started. Any GM who trades for a guy who is missing 60 games per season and is in the first year of a max deal should be fired immediately.

As for the Suns not being allowed to trade for him. It was mentioned several times over the summer. CBA rules, if a team offers a restricted free agent a contract and the guys previous team matches he cannot be traded to the offering team for the entire length of the deal. It probably has to do with tampering rules, and to make teams really think about matching contracts rather than just matching and thinking they can move the guy.

So Gordon, thankfully, is not even an option.

We got really really lucky that the Hornets matched that idiotic contract offer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    Any GM who trades for Eric Gordon should be fired on the spot. And the Suns are not allowed to trade for him during the entire length of his contract.
    I thought we could trade for him after the first year? Def not the duration of the contract.

vCash
    Gibson got his 4 year extension from the Bulls. 38mil total.
    That ends any hope of going after him this offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    Gibson got his 4 year extension from the Bulls. 38mil total.
    That ends any hope of going after him this offseason.
    for that much coin, im glad he's not coming here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan = Donkey View Post
    for that much coin, im glad he's not coming here
    Yep. Nearly 10 a year is risky. Bulls had to because otherwise they lost Asik for nothing.

vCash
    Would the Suns getting Tyreke Evans make anyone happy? Who is a star caliber player that we could bring in halfway through the season? I can think of him, Lamarcus Aldridge, maybe Joakim Noah, Carmelo Anthony possibly, Josh Smith, Rudy Gay maybe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SunsFan02 View Post
    Would the Suns getting Tyreke Evans make anyone happy? Who is a star caliber player that we could bring in halfway through the season? I can think of him, Lamarcus Aldridge, maybe Joakim Noah, Carmelo Anthony possibly, Josh Smith, Rudy Gay maybe.
    We don't have the assets to prye Ladridge from Portland. Our team would be stripped to get Melo. The Knicks are set for 3 years with him so I don't think we have a chance.
    Smith and Gay are most likely options but it will take both of those teams to struggle to snag them.
    I don't see either as a guy to lead us anywhere though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    I thought we could trade for him after the first year? Def not the duration of the contract.
    Nope, its for the duration.

However, Gordon has only agreed to sign the Suns’ offer sheet. Nothing is official until July 11, so therefore if the Suns and Hornets agree on compensation the Hornets can execute the sign-and-trade so long as no offer sheet is signed. If the Hornets match, he can not be traded to the Suns throughout the length of the deal.
    http://valleyofthesuns.com/2012/07/0...old-the-cards/

And would you actually want Gordon at this point? That contract is already a complete disaster and he is only one game into it.

A quick fix isnt the answer. Suns need to rebuild from the ground up. Giving up picks for a high priced underachiever would be very detrimental in the long term and wouldnt make us anything more than a fringe playoff team in the short term.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    A quick fix isnt the answer. Suns need to rebuild from the ground up. Giving up picks for a high priced underachiever would be very detrimental in the long term and wouldnt make us anything more than a fringe playoff team in the short term.
    I agree with this. Any moves we should make this season, is trying to add more draft picks and keep the best contracts possible.

Prepare for the future while staying competitive.

Phoenix Suns
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Arizona Cardinals
    Arizona Diamondbacks

vCash
    Do you think a team would take a Scola for a first and young player that has potential?
    Is it possible we deal Gortat at deadline if we arent in the hunt?

vCash
    I doubt we'd trade Scola, unless it was a deal like that. And unlikely Gortat leaves town anytime soon.

Phoenix Suns
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Arizona Cardinals
    Arizona Diamondbacks

vCash
    Do you think a team would take a Scola for a first and young player that has potential?
    Is it possible we deal Gortat at deadline if we arent in the hunt?
    Cant trade Scola until next summer because he was an amnesty claim. So hopefully he has a solid year.

vCash
    Unless you can envision seeing a certain player standing centre court wearing a 'Phoenix Suns, 20XX NBA champions' T-shirt holding a big *** trophy, we don't want them on the Suns. That's the rule I like to stick too when assessing our options. If there's no one available then you go to the draft and wait 'till next year and repeat.

That's why I hope to God we don't sign Monta Ellis or Tyreke Evans.

vCash
    the problem for the suns is that most of the great players (superstars) are on good big market teams with other superstars, so their is no incentive on being traded or asking for a trade, along with the fact that we have alot of average players who are quility starters but nothing more, we have no trade chips besides draft picks, so the only option for us to get better is to be very good in the draft and spend our money wisely

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pop View Post
    the problem for the suns is that most of the great players (superstars) are on good big market teams with other superstars, so their is no incentive on being traded or asking for a trade, along with the fact that we have alot of average players who are quility starters but nothing more, we have no trade chips besides draft picks, so the only option for us to get better is to be very good in the draft and spend our money wisely

For the most part thats how most of the contenders got good in the 1st place. Miami is the only one that built through free agency. Everyone else was through the draft and smart trades.

Page 12 of 89 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast