Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 89 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    Paul Coro about to be on the radio:

http://www.iheart.com/#/live/41/?autoplay=true

(I'm pretty sure this is the link for it)
    thanks! listening now

vCash
    I can't tune in is anything good going on??

vCash
    web browsing and stumbled into this:

*i don't know who this guy is*

"Luke Adams: I like the Suns to be pretty active in the next few weeks. It's clear that the summer overhaul isn't working there, and they have a few pieces that could interest teams. There have been multiple reports suggesting no one's untouchable, and that they'll explore a lot of different avenues. If I had to bet my life on one team making a trade by Feb 21st, I think they'd be my choice."

"Luke Adams: That's the tricky part. Gortat is pretty valuable as a big man who's locked up for a couple years on a very reasonable deal. The Suns would want Avery Bradley. If the Celtics could sell them instead on some sort of deal involving a combination (some, not all) of Lee/Bass/Sullinger/Melo/picks, I think Boston would have to do it. Not sure about the Suns though."

"Luke Adams: I get the impression that the new management is trying to gauge the value of most or ALL of the players on the roster, just to get an idea of how their players are viewed by the rest of the league. (I guess that's not something they could just ask the guys they replaced). So I don't think Randolph is going anywhere. Gay.... that's a little more likely. Phoenix, with a package built around Dudley and picks, looks like the best fit to me."
    Last edited by rocky4104; 01-10-2013 at 05:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky4104 View Post
    web browsing and stumbled into this:

*i don't know who this guy is*

"Luke Adams: I like the Suns to be pretty active in the next few weeks. It's clear that the summer overhaul isn't working there, and they have a few pieces that could interest teams. There have been multiple reports suggesting no one's untouchable, and that they'll explore a lot of different avenues. If I had to bet my life on one team making a trade by Feb 21st, I think they'd be my choice."
    Well if that's true I hope our pick is untouchable.

vCash
    We wouldn't trade our pick for a prospect. We can draft one with our pick instead. We'd look at trading our expiring contracts, like Telfair, Brown, Garrett, Tucker, and Zeller. Also, one of our lower #1's. We can move just about everyone but Scola. Dragic is about the only untouchable at this point.

Mayo is a FA next year, and I'd like to take another run at him. We have a glut at PF and Frye is coming back next season. We need to move one of them this season before the trade deadline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Suns4ever67 View Post
    We wouldn't trade our pick for a prospect. We can draft one with our pick instead. We'd look at trading our expiring contracts, like Telfair, Brown, Garrett, Tucker, and Zeller. Also, one of our lower #1's. We can move just about everyone but Scola. Dragic is about the only untouchable at this point.

Mayo is a FA next year, and I'd like to take another run at him. We have a glut at PF and Frye is coming back next season. We need to move one of them this season before the trade deadline.
    Mayo would be and interesting experiment but at what price?

vCash
    This basically talks about some trades we can do to erase this beasley mistake. i like the second one http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...x-suns-mistake

vCash
    Here is what I do if I am the Suns.

Trade Dudley and Beasley plus a future pick for Gay and a second rounder.
    Trade Gortat for Bradley and maybe pick if you can get it if not then just Bradley.
    Draft Ben McLemore, Willie Cauley-Stein, and either Isaiah Austin/Mason Plumlee/James McAdoo.

Thoughts? We need young pieces so three rookies would be solid, adding Gay and Bradley is huge too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SunsFan02 View Post
    Here is what I do if I am the Suns.

Trade Dudley and Beasley plus a future pick for Gay and a second rounder.
    Trade Gortat for Bradley and maybe pick if you can get it if not then just Bradley.
    Draft Ben McLemore, Willie Cauley-Stein, and either Isaiah Austin/Mason Plumlee/James McAdoo.

Thoughts? We need young pieces so three rookies would be solid, adding Gay and Bradley is huge too.
    Problem is our draft position might be affected if we add rudy gay to the lineup

vCash
    There is absolutely no benefit to adding Rudy Gay right now. None, zero, zip.

1st off, this season is toast. For the Suns to make the playoffs as an 8th seed we would have to go 35-10 the rest of the way... even if we got LeBron that would be almost impossible. All getting Gay does is compromise our future talent and current draft prospects.

2nd, there are TONS of guys at Rudy Gay's talent level (good player but not near an all-star) sitting in free agency every year just begging for someone to overpay them. And the new max contracts are several million per year cheaper than Gay's current one which was signed under the old CBA.

3rd, if Gay were a free agent right now NO ONE would offer him the money he is currently owed (54 mil 3 years), yet the Grizzlies want players and prospects for a guy on an absolutely crippling contract. When teams trade away those trash deals typically the team giving the player away either receives nothing OR has to throw in picks just to be rid of the player.

4th, if you some ridiculous reason you really want Gay and no one else... we could still wait until the summer to do the deal. Most likely they are not going to be able to get rid of him, his contract is utterly absurd. During the summer he will still be there, still be on the trade market and the Suns will have far better idea about our draft prospects and free agent prospects by that point.

5th, when defensive ability is factored in it is very easy to make an argument that Dudley on his own is more valuable than Gay. Not to mention makes 13 million less per year.

Seriously, there is absolutely no reason to even remotely consider getting Gay. All getting him would do is hurt us... and it would hurt reeeeally bad.
    Last edited by Phrazbit; 01-11-2013 at 03:19 PM.

vCash
    Lakers are the 12th worst team in the league right now.
    5 games back of the 8th seed.
    Not impossible, but they will need a lot of help to reach the postseason.

vCash
    I never thought I would say this but I am embarrassed to be a Suns fan right now.

Different opponent. Same story.

I beg this front office to trade away every player but Dragic and Tucker.

vCash
    Some of the Celtic's fans think that to get Gortat they could offer Green, Sully, Melo would you guys do it?? We probably have to throw in Kieff to open up PT in the front court.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    Some of the Celtic's fans think that to get Gortat they could offer Green, Sully, Melo would you guys do it?? We probably have to throw in Kieff to open up PT in the front court.
    No way in hell. Jeff Green is terrible and his contract is a nightmare.

vCash
    How about Bass??

I personally prefer Gortat for Lee, Sully, Melo and a 1st or 2. The only thing I'm not so sure about is Lee and the duration of the contract. Overall I like Lee because he is one of those do it all players and for some reason I think the best deal we are going to get is one that includes Sullinger, Melo and a few picks from the C's.
    Last edited by mdm692; 01-12-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Page 53 of 89 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast