Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 89 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ^^^I'm just going by what the FO has hinted at multiple times. Can the plan change? Yeah but as of right now they stated multiple times that they could be involved in one sided trades(more than likely during the off-season). This is not me just talking this is something thats a reality. Losing is not an option and they want the team to win games and make the playoffs. That is what the people who actually hold power think. And I'm almost 100% sure that if we keep playing like this by the middle of Dec/Jan we will trade our pick.

vCash
    If you have espn insider please tell me the trade ideas.
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...cin-gortat-nba

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    ^^^I'm just going by what the FO has hinted at multiple times. Can the plan change? Yeah but as of right now they stated multiple times that they could be involved in one sided trades(more than likely during the off-season). This is not me just talking this is something thats a reality. Losing is not an option and they want the team to win games and make the playoffs. That is what the people who actually hold power think. And I'm almost 100% sure that if we keep playing like this by the middle of Dec/Jan we will trade our pick.
    besides LAL pick, who else's pick do we have? and do you now exactly how many picks do we have next draft?

vCash
    Mem or Min depending on the standing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrescoLovesSuns View Post
    1. Boston Celtics | Gortat for Avery Bradley and Courtney Lee

No team makes as much sense as Boston, which badly needs a big man to pair with Kevin Garnett in the frontcourt before the window of opportunity closes in the KG/Paul Pierce era. The Celtics have as many tradeable young talents as any playoff caliber team, and though they've been very reluctant to include young defensive star Avery Bradley in any deal, they may have to in order to coax Gortat out of the Suns. Bradley would be exactly what the Suns are looking for if they have to move Gortat -- a young, hard-working shooting guard who can come in and fill a position of need.

2. Milwaukee Bucks | Gortat and Kendall Marshall for Tobias Harris, John Henson and Drew Gooden

Center is the one glaring weakness for Scott Skiles' team, which is why Gortat would make a lot of sense in Milwaukee. He'd provide an immediate upgrade over Samuel Dalembert, Larry Sanders and Joel Przybilla and relieve some pressure off of Ersan Ilyasova in the frontcourt as well.

Phoenix already has Luis Scola and Michael Beasley signed for the next three seasons, so there isn't a huge need for more forwards on the roster, but the opportunity to added a pair of talented young players like Tobias Harris and John Henson would be too much to pass up, even if it means taking on Drew Gooden's salary through 2014-15.

3. Oklahoma City Thunder | Gortat for Kendrick Perkins, Jeremy Lamb and a first-round pick in 2013

Phoenix needs to upgrade at shooting guard, and finding a way to bring in a versatile young talent like Jeremy Lamb while replacing Gortat with a proven veteran like Perkins would be a solid way to do so. OKC could also dangle talented rookie Perry Jones in such a deal with the Suns, but we think Lamb makes more sense. From the Thunder's perspective, adding a guy like Gortat would be a big offensive upgrade over Perkins without sacrificing size or toughness in the interior.

4. Portland Trail Blazers | Gortat for Meyers Leonard, J.J. Hickson and a first-round pick in 2013 (no lottery protection)

The hope for Phoenix would be to replace Gortat with a promising young center in Meyers Leonard who comes with a lower price tag and a high ceiling. In addition to Leonard, the key to making this deal work would be acquiring Portland's first-round pick in the 2013 draft, with the hopes that it'd end up being a somewhere in the top 10.

Portland likes Leonard, but with the rebuilding process moving along faster than expected thanks to Damian Lillard's immediate impact, the team may not be willing to wait for the 7-foot-1 rookie to develop. Adding Gortat to go with LaMarcus Aldridge on the front line would give the Trail Blazers quite a strong starting unit, making them a few solid bench players away from becoming real contenders out West.

5. New Orleans Hornets | Gortat for Austin Rivers and Al-Farouq Aminu

Phoenix would bring in two young players at positions of need, with the hope that Austin Rivers becomes a star and Al-Farouq Aminu at least a solid role player. It would admittedly mean cutting bait early on Rivers if you're New Orleans, but it'd be worth doing for the chance to bring in one of the game's marquee centers to pair with Anthony Davis and Ryan Anderson in the frontcourt. When healthy, the Hornets could present a starting unit composed of Greivis Vasquez, Eric Gordon, Davis, Anderson and Gortat, with Robin Lopez coming off the bench in a role for which he is more suited

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    Bynum is damaged goods... and a bit crazy... not in the good way.

Trading what little assets we have for him is too risky.

Odds are the Suns are going to end up with a top 10 pick (I think between 4th and 8th with our current roster) and potentially higher if we become deadline sellers. And being a seller at the deadline is different than tanking. Smart teams move assets when the asset is at its peak, if the Suns are well out of the playoff hunt (and it looks like we will be) then moving Gortat is the right move.

And as others have said, our sheer volume of picks could potentially allow us to move upwards in the draft.

But trying to rush the rebuild and dumping our picks and what little assets we have for guys that are huuuuge risks on big contracts is IMO the worst thing we could do.
    unfortunately, knowing the Sarver Suns, that's what will happen.

IMO the draft is the most important factor for us in the coming few years. As you said, we need to be selling high and acquiring more assets so that on draft day we can make a splash. I'd like to see us with 2 lottery picks on draft night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrescoLovesSuns:24361971
    After reading the article, the only trade I would be interested in would be the Portland one. the biggest thing we would have to ask is, are we looking to rebuild completely or are we trying to rebuild on the fly? also, if we could get Jeremy lamb AND perry Jones from OKC I would consider that deal is well.

Gortat to New Orleans would be a joke. Robin Lopez would kill himself if that happened
    Last edited by king4day; 11-18-2012 at 08:19 AM.

vCash
    The OKC and Portland trades are the only ones that would interest me. I think the proposed deals are past the ceiling of what we could actualy get for Gortat though. I know he's a very good C but i think the fact that he's on on the Suns and the situation we're in might lower his value. He doesn't have the hype that other 'big name' centres in the league have.

I don't think the boston deal would be realistic as Bradley and Lee are their two best defensive guards. Also I don't like Lee's deal; I think they over-paid him by a few million.

Not a fan of the Bucks deal as Gooden is cursed (and he gets a lot of money) and we'd have a massive log-jam at the forward positions again. Henson and Harris are nice players but not really what we need.

The NO deal would suck. Austin Rivers is horrid. I like Aminu but I don't know if we're in a position to give him the playing time or the role that he needs to be successful. Saying that, he could play a Marion-type role for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    unfortunately, knowing the Sarver Suns, that's what will happen.

IMO the draft is the most important factor for us in the coming few years. As you said, we need to be selling high and acquiring more assets so that on draft day we can make a splash. I'd like to see us with 2 lottery picks on draft night.
    Exactly bro. He thinks this is my idea of the Suns but in reality our current Suns have been known to make trades when players or the team struggles. Just over the last 4 years we traded 3 times when we were struggling(J-rich trade, Gortat trade and Dragic trade). The only reason we stood pat last year is because we had a ton of cap space. This year we're going to be ok(cap wise) but I still expect the Suns to make a deal to try to get better.

vCash
    If we want to rebuild with young guys and through the draft then do the the Blazers trade then during the off-season trade Scola for Lamb(OKC desperately needs a player like Scola).

So far that leaves us with

Dragic/Marshall
    Brown/Lamb/
    Beasley/Dudley
    Kieff/JJ Hickson
    Meyers/Frye

Obviously the roster above would be without the 3-5 rooks we could possibly draft(POR 1st, MIN or MEM 1st, PHX 1st, LAL 2nd, PHX 2nd). The roster also excludes all the expiring contracts and possible FA signings. And I'm no genius but our cap space would be great.

vCash
    Thank you sunsfan. And the only deals i like is okc and portland. King your right about pj3. would not mind that one bit

vCash
    So it appears Chi is "very interested" in Gortat would you guys do Gortat for Noah??

Addt'l Orl is also very interested. Give us a couple of their first round picks. Top 3 protected.
    Last edited by mdm692; 11-19-2012 at 11:36 AM.

vCash
    Noah,Boozer,Deng for Gortat,Scola,and Dudley.

vCash
    **** noooo to Booz. Hell even Deng. Rather go Dudz, Gortat for Noah and picks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    So it appears Chi is "very interested" in Gortat would you guys do Gortat for Noah??

Addt'l Orl is also very interested. Give us a couple of their first round picks. Top 3 protected.
    I'd do it but not sure why they'd be for it unless they are trying to save a lil more money.
    I really like the Portland idea.
    For OKC, maybe if we offered Gortat and Dudley we can swing Perkins, Jones, and Lamb.

Page 17 of 89 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast