Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 89 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The thing is i dont want to get rid of any of our 1st rounders. I feel like were gonna get something big either this year or next.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    I'd try to give them Wes J (expiring) and a draft for Wilson Chandler.

vCash
    What About Gortat,Dudley, and a 1st for Dwayne Wade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thephoenixson28 View Post
    isn't he on a decline?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thephoenixson28 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky4104 View Post
    isn't he on a decline?
    Yeah, Wade would be a great get if we were already a 50 win quality team and needed a nudge over the top. But bringing him in at the twilight of his prime to captain a lotto team (and yes, we would still be a lotto team with Wade and a bunch of nothing).

Also the next 2 years of his contract are player option years, so he would undoubtedly opt out after this year leaving us with nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    Yeah, Wade would be a great get if we were already a 50 win quality team and needed a nudge over the top. But bringing him in at the twilight of his prime to captain a lotto team (and yes, we would still be a lotto team with Wade and a bunch of nothing).

Also the next 2 years of his contract are player option years, so he would undoubtedly opt out after this year leaving us with nothing.
    also, who would be our center when that happens? 6-9 Scola? we eould be the smallest team in the NBA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky4104 View Post
    isn't he on a decline?
    I think he is just injured. Our medical staff will help him out, and we can sign another max player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    Who cares how old Telfair is?

He's been playing very good this season and is one of the few players on this team who has played ALL OUT with heart and passion in every game so far this season.

If Marshall can't beat him out, then tough. But blindly benching Telfair just so we can give Marshall playing time is ridiculous.
    Imo not too ridiculous, i mean, the Suns organization made a big deal out of signing Marshall then bench him? He is a pass-first pg, he would (or should) work well with brown and morris. I think we just wasted the pick if we will just bench him.

I think we can snag a late first-rounder for telfair -- he's playing pretty good lately

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrescoLovesSuns View Post
    The thing is i dont want to get rid of any of our 1st rounders. I feel like were gonna get something big either this year or next.
    Agreed. If we were going to give up picks I would hope it would be to get even better picks.

vCash
    We not going to get anything in the draft because the picks will more than likely be in the 20's(the ones we acquired). And best case scenario for our picks is 10-15, again.

Wes, and 1st for Chandler then Dudley and a 1st for Milsap. Gortat, Kieff picks and fillers for Bynum and fillers.

Dragic/Bassy/Marshall
    Chandler/Brown
    Beasley/Tucker
    Scola/Milsap
    Bynum/Frye

We can swap Beas and Milsap(rotation wise). We can get this done it is very realistic. And whichever big is amnestied(Booz or Perks) Then we can claim him. I know my math is waaaaaaaaaay off but I can pray ray:.

Additionally the Chandler trade benefits Den because it gives them some flexibility and they still stay away from the Lux Tax. Utah can get better deals but the teams that can give better deals have cap space and can get Milsap in the off-season so they risk losing him for nothing. Bynum is a risky move but his value dropped significantly meaning a max should be out of the question for him. Plus I think we can get most out of him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    We not going to get anything in the draft because the picks will more than likely be in the 20's(the ones we acquired). And best case scenario for our picks is 10-15, again.

Wes, and 1st for Chandler then Dudley and a 1st for Milsap. Gortat, Kieff picks and fillers for Bynum and fillers.

Dragic/Bassy/Marshall
    Chandler/Brown
    Beasley/Tucker
    Scola/Milsap
    Bynum/Frye

We can swap Beas and Milsap(rotation wise). We can get this done it is very realistic. And whichever big is amnestied(Booz or Perks) Then we can claim him. I know my math is waaaaaaaaaay off but I can pray ray:.

Additionally the Chandler trade benefits Den because it gives them some flexibility and they still stay away from the Lux Tax. Utah can get better deals but the teams that can give better deals have cap space and can get Milsap in the off-season so they risk losing him for nothing. Bynum is a risky move but his value dropped significantly meaning a max should be out of the question for him. Plus I think we can get most out of him.
    I think our pick will be in the top 10. I also think sheer volume of picks we have is enough to be able to move up a few spots if we want to (with picks remaining). We also might be looking for a new home Scola depending on what we want to do finacially; he's worth a late 1st IMO. If the front office isn't scared to pull the trigger, we have the assets to do some damage on draft night or in the offseason.

The draft is something we really need to get pinned down. We need to really focus on what we want as opposed to what we need. We need to make moves to get the best guys available. All I know is that we've got to start getting some hits in the draft; trading away our picks for middle of the road players won't get us anywhere.

vCash
    ^^^But our FO is stubborn we all know that by now. They won't go that route unless they can get package the picks for a top 5-10, doubt it unless we add Gortat. We need to let the FO run their plan for a year or two. We have assets now and they kind of gave us a hint of what they planned after they emphasized that they could do one sided trades to absorb larger contracts. I personally think they are happy drafting where we do, after all they stated that tanking is out of the question.

Finally Chandler is middle of the pack and I guess Milsap is there as well but Bynum is not. Also everybody would be an upgrade(value wise).

vCash
    But chances are Bynum will stay in Philly. I don't see them trading him before the deadline either, they wouldn't have traded for him in the first place if they didn't plan on keeping him. In the summer he's a free agent anyway so we could hold off and sign him then if we really wanted to.

I agree it would be a better team (that's not too hard) but do you really see it as a championship contender? To me that looks like a second-round-exit team to me at best.

vCash
    I do but with a HUGE if, and I mean the size of Asia huge. Beasley needs to develop into, at the very least, Rudy Gay. And I agree with the Philly standpoint but they made their decision prior to finding out that the cartilage in the other knee was also ****ed up. He may be out for the whole year. You really can't tell me that doesn't have them looking at other options.

vCash
    Bynum is damaged goods... and a bit crazy... not in the good way.

Trading what little assets we have for him is too risky.

Odds are the Suns are going to end up with a top 10 pick (I think between 4th and 8th with our current roster) and potentially higher if we become deadline sellers. And being a seller at the deadline is different than tanking. Smart teams move assets when the asset is at its peak, if the Suns are well out of the playoff hunt (and it looks like we will be) then moving Gortat is the right move.

And as others have said, our sheer volume of picks could potentially allow us to move upwards in the draft.

But trying to rush the rebuild and dumping our picks and what little assets we have for guys that are huuuuge risks on big contracts is IMO the worst thing we could do.

Page 16 of 89 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast