Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by khanraymond View Post
    The original post involved DeRozan for Williams, not Davis.[/B]

Agreed a trade for Williams involving Davis would be one sided.
    Derozan for Williams would be a stretch for me at this point. Just because Ross is unproven. I have screamed at my screen many times because of Derozan's defense; but I would still not package Derozan anywhere just yet because of Ross' unpredictability.

If we can find a happy place for Calderon that nets us something for the offseason, then great; otherwise, I don't like the idea of pursuing yet another unproven, undeveloped SF that may or may not pan out. Eventually I would like to answer Raptors questions with something other than "Oh but you wait until our rebuilding is done!....."

vCash
    Don't expect BC to trade dd. He likes to keep his draft picks. To bad he didn't draft bay iss...big mistake letting him walk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lollybanger View Post
    Derozan for Williams would be a stretch for me at this point. Just because Ross is unproven. I have screamed at my screen many times because of Derozan's defense; but I would still not package Derozan anywhere just yet because of Ross' unpredictability.

If we can find a happy place for Calderon that nets us something for the offseason, then great; otherwise, I don't like the idea of pursuing yet another unproven, undeveloped SF that may or may not pan out. Eventually I would like to answer Raptors questions with something other than "Oh but you wait until our rebuilding is done!....."
    What about Fields at SG until Ross develops?

Quote Originally Posted by psrs1 View Post
    Don't expect BC to trade dd. He likes to keep his draft picks. To bad he didn't draft bay iss...big mistake letting him walk.
    Agreed. But begs the question - why draft Ross when other potential SF were available in the draft...

vCash
    Agreed. But begs the question - why draft Ross when other potential SF were available in the draft...
    potential replacement for Derozan at SG. Ross is more of a shooting guard than a SF.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Like who? Harkless?

It's pretty much a given that they would have taken Barnes if he fell to 8. Ross is pretty similar skill set wise to Barnes except he projects to be a SG

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by khanraymond;23361442[B
    ]What about Fields at SG until Ross develops?[/B]

I like Fields at Shooting Guard and think it's a great option for after this year if Demar doesn't improve to the point you can merit his contract that he will be looking for. I think Ross is 2 years away from developing into that starting position (may remain as a great 6th option for the team) and Fields could be that guy if he returns to Rookie form at least.

If there is a blockbuster trade out there that BC can get for Demar I would be happy with Fields filling in that spot; however, I'd rather wait until this season ends and allow the Raps to hold the cards negotiating Demar's salary extension.

vCash
    Amir, Davis, and Gray for Spencer Hawes and Dorell Wright.

Hawes is a capable starting C. Jonas can play some PF when Hawes is on the court. Gives Kleiza time at SF and we get a solid defensive and shooting SF who can start that complements Derozan. Wright can also play some SF depending on opposing teams. Also get rid of Amir's extra 3 remaining years and the new contract of Gray for Hawes' 2 years at $6 mil each. Makes Fields and Kleiza so much more expandable in trades if needed.

C-Jonas, Hawes
    PF-Bargnani, Kleiza, Acy
    SF-Wright, Fields, Anderson
    SG-Derozan, Ross
    PG-Lowry, Calderon, Lucas

76ers currently have no C and a lot of wings. They currently have a lineup of

C-Bynum, Hawes, Brown
    PF-T.Young, Allen
    SF-Richardson, Wright
    SG-Turner, N.Young
    PG-Holiday, Ivey, Wayns

This lineup isn't ideal because Hawes can't play PF and would rot behind Bynum. Young isn't able to completely handle the PF position completely, especially against big PF's. But if Young plays SF, they have too many wings and they would be wasted. Make a trade and their new lineup is.

C-Bynum, Gray, Brown
    PF-Amir, Davis
    SF-Young, Richardson
    SG-Turner, N.Young
    PG-Holiday, Ivey, Wayns

Much more functional IMO. Still gives them enough pieces to trade for a PG if needed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Amir, Davis, and Gray for Spencer Hawes and Dorell Wright.

Hawes is a capable starting C. Jonas can play some PF when Hawes is on the court. Gives Kleiza time at SF and we get a solid defensive and shooting SF who can start that complements Derozan. Wright can also play some SF depending on opposing teams. Also get rid of Amir's extra 3 remaining years and the new contract of Gray for Hawes' 2 years at $6 mil each. Makes Fields and Kleiza so much more expandable in trades if needed.

C-Jonas, Hawes
    PF-Bargnani, Kleiza, Acy
    SF-Wright, Fields, Anderson
    SG-Derozan, Ross
    PG-Lowry, Calderon, Lucas

76ers currently have no C and a lot of wings. They currently have a lineup of

C-Bynum, Hawes, Brown
    PF-T.Young, Allen
    SF-Richardson, Wright
    SG-Turner, N.Young
    PG-Holiday, Ivey, Wayns

This lineup isn't ideal because Hawes can't play PF and would rot behind Bynum. Young isn't able to completely handle the PF position completely, especially against big PF's. But if Young plays SF, they have too many wings and they would be wasted. Make a trade and their new lineup is.

C-Bynum, Gray, Brown
    PF-Amir, Davis
    SF-Young, Richardson
    SG-Turner, N.Young
    PG-Holiday, Ivey, Wayns

Much more functional IMO. Still gives them enough pieces to trade for a PG if needed.
    I see that trade helping Philliy a lot more than us.

vCash
    talent wise thad young straight up for bargs makes sence for both teams imo.

bargs would streatch the floor and really compliment bynum.

thad young would be a good starting 3 for us and could play some 4 as well.

salary wise i know it probably wont match so maybe fillers would have to be included. but i think it would be a good trade for both teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post

salary wise i know it probably wont match so maybe fillers would have to be included. but i think it would be a good trade for both teams.
    Sorry bro but

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Sorry bro but
    lol why not ? you dont like thad young ??

well now that i think about it id rather have bargs. we need the scoring. but i really like thad young as a player.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 08-18-2012 at 02:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    I see that trade helping Philliy a lot more than us.
    I think it's a fair trade.

We get the best player in Hawes, and we are lacking a defensive SF, which Wright would fill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I think it's a fair trade.

We get the best player in Hawes, and we are lacking a defensive SF, which Wright would fill.
    That's your opinion I'd rather have Davis or Amir then Hawes, Davis on his potential and Amir I think is underrated in this league and other then the outside shoot is better than Hawes. Plus Wright is not that much of an upgrade at all over LK or Fields. Grey might not look pretty but he does what he's suppose to. Even if it's pretty even on are side it just makes them better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post

Come on man really even if your one of the bargs haters which I have no clue if you are or aren't that deal is horrible. I understand homerism but the overrating of players on other teams is crazy in here. But yes a Bargnani and Bynum duo would be solid then we would be way behind Philly unlike now where I see them as the most overrated team in the east.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Come on man really even if your one of the bargs haters which I have no clue if you are or aren't that deal is horrible. I understand homerism but the overrating of players on other teams is crazy in here. But yes a Bargnani and Bynum duo would be solid then we would be way behind Philly unlike now where I see them as the most overrated team in the east.
    I love bargs. but i dont get atactched to players .if i think a trade is out there that improves the roster i wouldnt be too heart broken if he was moved.

but ya looking at it some more i prefer to keep bargs because we need the scoring but i do think thad young is a solid young player as well.

i think bynum and bargs would be disgusting in the front court together so maybe we dont give them bargs and make them better lol

Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast