Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    I thought I distinctly remember Minnie fans saying this past year that D-Will can't guard opposing SFs. If that's the case, do not want. He also struggled from 3 and shot under 70% from the FT line..

Not a guy I would specifically target as our future SF, jmo.
    I know what you mean though about not wanting a guy that can't play D.

We do have DeRozan and Bargnani as our "cornerstone" players at the moment and neither of them can play D

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeRozan10 View Post
    I know what you mean though about not wanting a guy that can't play D.

We do have DeRozan and Bargnani as our "cornerstone" players at the moment and neither of them can play D
    And ever since Casey came on board BC has made two way players a priority- Lowry, JV, Ross, Fields (to an extent).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    And ever since Casey came on board BC has made two way players a priority- Lowry, JV, Ross, Fields (to an extent).
    for sure bro. and i hope that continues!

but im a big fan of Williams. And I think he's gonna be a player in this league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SA5195 View Post
    That's nice but do we really need another SF? We have Fields and Kleiza. Gee is no upgrade so there's no use of him here. He's getting some playing time at CLE, so it's better for him to stay there.
    Geez Im sorry! I think Gee is better than Klieza though, but Klieza is a better fit though for sure.

vCash
    ya his big knocks were that he was slow and out of shape.

but he had some sort of nose surgery to reapair his septum which should help his breathing, and he was aiming to lose around 25 pounds.

Once Williams tightens his handles I think he is going to become a very good point forward. he will also get to the line at will.
    If people are knocking on Derrick Williams, how the hell do people put up with Derozan?

I think he could be a very good two way player, average defensively and above average offensively. Isn't that what people are expecting from Derozan We have enough trouble getting production from our SF position. If we can get get DW with an expiring Calderon (we can always sign him in the offseason) and Ed Davis, while getting backup pg in Ridnour/Barea- i'd be more than happy.

theoretically speaking, if DW lives up to 2nd pick overall expectations or half of it, we still win this trade- (considering we are getting back a good backup PG and a SF/PF who is probably more skillful than Ed Davis)

vCash
    There would be nothing wrong with Ridinour as backup pg.

vCash
    Since there are no links regarding the Raptors & Derrick Williams in a potential deal, why are we even talking about him?

Minni isn't going to trade their 2nd overall pick for an expiring contract & Ed Davis, get real.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Since there are no links regarding the Raptors & Derrick Williams in a potential deal, why are we even talking about him?

Minni isn't going to trade their 2nd overall pick for an expiring contract & Ed Davis, get real.
    It was brought up by a Minny fan. And it's summer in the Raps forum, haha!
    What else can we talk about that's on topic?

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash

First, it's a fit and people can connect the dots. Minny has two SF's that can start. Toronto has 0.

Second, umm, have you been paying attention? We've always discussed trades that don't pop up in rumour mills, why stop now?

And last, stranger trades have happened. Beasley was a similar prospect and was traded for one pick.

vCash

haha wow

c'mon dude

of all people. you've made up hundreds of fantasy deals in these threads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    First, it's a fit and people can connect the dots. Minny has two SF's that can start. Toronto has 0.

Second, umm, have you been paying attention? We've always discussed trades that don't pop up in rumour mills, why stop now?

And last, stranger trades have happened. Beasley was a similar prospect and was traded for one pick.
    I agree man

vCash
    Dont care for derrick williams too much....
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 08-17-2012 at 04:27 PM.

vCash
    we are not getting Iggy for Calderon and Davis we are not getting W.C for Calderon and Davis we are not getting Williams for Calderon and Davis some of you need to be real we should be more than happy if we get Ridinour for Calderon

vCash
    haha wow

c'mon dude

of all people. you've made up hundreds of fantasy deals in these threads.
    Yes I did, and none of those fantasy deals actually happened, reason why I stopped doing them lol.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    we are not getting Iggy for Calderon and Davis we are not getting W.C for Calderon and Davis we are not getting Williams for Calderon and Davis some of you need to be real we should be more than happy if we get Ridinour for Calderon
    The original post involved DeRozan for Williams, not Davis.

Agreed a trade for Williams involving Davis would be one sided.

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast