Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    That cleveland fan really seems to overvalue their players, I found this in the Cavs forum.
    Sorry to bother you guys but.. I'm Miami Heat fan and Kyrie Irving fan.
    About Alonzo Gee, hes athletic , can defend and can drive to the basket. Toronto already have Bargs, Gray, Acy, A.Johnson and J-Val.. its good to have Ed Davis enough minutes.
    Last edited by Xplicit; 08-15-2012 at 11:10 AM.
    Angel

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplicit View Post
    About Alonzo Gee, hes athletic , can defend and can drive to the basket. Toronto already have Bargs, Gray, Acy, A.Johnson and J-Val.. its good to have Ed Davis enough minutes.
    Gee is undersized for a SF at 6'6" and puts up similar numbers to Landry Fields on a much worse team, I'd rather hold on to Ed Davis thanks.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplicit View Post
    Acy and Gray should have no business taking minutes from Ed Davis if he competes consistently. Davis is the 4th big on the depth chart (behind Bargnani, the new darling Valanciunas and Amir Johnson) with potential to unseat Amir Johnson as the 3rd big on the depth chart. If he performs he'll get minutes.

I wouldn't even see Gee getting off the bench unless there was an injury to DeRozan, Fields, Kleiza or Ross.

Ed Davis, 3/4 string big man on our depth chart, former lottery pick, entering his second full season in the NBA for a wing man (Gee) that would be 5th (at best) on the wing depth chart that was undrafted and has been waived twice in the past couple years? No thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Gee is undersized for a SF at 6'6" and puts up similar numbers to Landry Fields on a much worse team, I'd rather hold on to Ed Davis thanks.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Just bored.

Toronto
    1)Derrick Williams
    2)Luke Ridnour

Minnesota
    1)Demar DeRozan
    2)Jose Calderon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by khanraymond View Post
    Just bored.

Toronto
    1)Derrick Williams
    2)Luke Ridnour

Minnesota
    1)Demar DeRozan
    2)Jose Calderon
    I don't think there's anything wrong with that trade but there's really not much right about it either. I just think it's a sideways step while we lose one of the best Raptors of all time in Jose. If we do put these two on the block it would have to be a package deal for a game changer instead of trading contracts. Plus we'd be going two years backwards in the development of an athletic player

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    I like that trade. Minnesota may like too...get jose to mentor rubio..we get backup pg and lots of potential in derrick williams...only issue would be minutes and rotation for williams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Mund View Post
    I don't think there's anything wrong with that trade but there's really not much right about it either. I just think it's a sideways step while we lose one of the best Raptors of all time in Jose. If we do put these two on the block it would have to be a package deal for a game changer instead of trading contracts. Plus we'd be going two years backwards in the development of an athletic player
    Agreed it may be a lateral move this year.
    But the drafting of Ross maybe a future move. An athletic shooter at 6`7.
    Lowry, Ross, Williams, Bargnani, Jonas as the future.

But do think DeRozan is a more polished player at this point compared to Williams. But if Ross shows potential, I think we should move DeRozan for a SF that can develop with Ross and Jonas, with Bargnani and Lowry as the veterans in the starting lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by psrs1 View Post
    I like that trade. Minnesota may like too...get jose to mentor rubio..we get backup pg and lots of potential in derrick williams...only issue would be minutes and rotation for williams.
    Williams would dominate minutes at the SF - Fields and Ross would split time at SG. Klieza would back up Williams at the SF.

vCash
    I wrote this a about a week ago in the previous trade thread ...

I've been following the Wolves very very very closely and I think a deal like Williams+JJ Barea for Calderon+Davis would be something they would be intrested in.

Pekovic is a free agent after this year and is gonna get a huge amount of money (look at all the other centers around the nba) so getting Calderon's expiring would be huge for them. They would also be shipping out a lot of guranteed money over the next 3 years.

They are also in WIN NOW mode big time. And with Rubio likely out for the first month or two and then needing to ease his way back after that, Calderon gives them a legit starting PG. Let's not firget the huge Spanish connection and that these guys are great friends. Minnesota needs to keep there star players happy if they want to keep them.

Minnesota is also short on backup bigs. Davis would immediately become there 3rd post player behind Love & Pek.

I also listend to Adelamn during Summer League and he was not very stoked on Williams. He wants to win, and he doesnt have time to develop him. They brought in two SF's who are gonna get alot of playing time (AK47 & Buddinger), and they have one of the best PF's in the League in KLove. Right now there is just not a great oppurtunity for Williams.

They dumped Wes Johnson and a first round pick for future seconds just becuase they wanted some more salary room and again they didnt have time to develop him anymore. They want to make a push for home court in the playoffs.

Kahn has also made several statements that after the olympics and depending on injuries, they have a big move they are thinking about making.

So I definately think there is a match there, and I would absolutely love to bring in Williams & Barea. We will see what happens!

The thing is, they could also use a guy like DeMar. They don't have a ton of stability at the 2 guard with Roy(knees), and shved(euro baller making the jump).

So I absolutely think there could be a deal made using some combination of DeMar/Ed and Jose for Williams and JJ/Ridnour

Who knows how high BC is on Williams. I've followed him really closely this offseason and there is big split in opinion weather or not he can play SF.

I think he's got a way higher ceiling than either DeMar or Ed so I would absolutely love to see him brought in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeRozan10 View Post
    I wrote this a about a week ago in the previous trade thread ...

I've been following the Wolves very very very closely and I think a deal like Williams+JJ Barea for Calderon+Davis would be something they would be intrested in.

Pekovic is a free agent after this year and is gonna get a huge amount of money (look at all the other centers around the nba) so getting Calderon's expiring would be huge for them. They would also be shipping out a lot of guranteed money over the next 3 years.

They are also in WIN NOW mode big time. And with Rubio likely out for the first month or two and then needing to ease his way back after that, Calderon gives them a legit starting PG. Let's not firget the huge Spanish connection and that these guys are great friends. Minnesota needs to keep there star players happy if they want to keep them.

Minnesota is also short on backup bigs. Davis would immediately become there 3rd post player behind Love & Pek.

I also listend to Adelamn during Summer League and he was not very stoked on Williams. He wants to win, and he doesnt have time to develop him. They brought in two SF's who are gonna get alot of playing time (AK47 & Buddinger), and they have one of the best PF's in the League in KLove. Right now there is just not a great oppurtunity for Williams.

They dumped Wes Johnson and a first round pick for future seconds just becuase they wanted some more salary room and again they didnt have time to develop him anymore. They want to make a push for home court in the playoffs.

Kahn has also made several statements that after the olympics and depending on injuries, they have a big move they are thinking about making.

So I definately think there is a match there, and I would absolutely love to bring in Williams & Barea. We will see what happens!

The thing is, they could also use a guy like DeMar. They don't have a ton of stability at the 2 guard with Roy(knees), and shved(euro baller making the jump).

So I absolutely think there could be a deal made using some combination of DeMar/Ed and Jose for Williams and JJ/Ridnour

Who knows how high BC is on Williams. I've followed him really closely this offseason and there is big split in opinion weather or not he can play SF.

I think he's got a way higher ceiling than either DeMar or Ed so I would absolutely love to see him brought in.
    I'd be super happy for Jose but that trade could easily go south for us. Losing a starter and THE cog for what could be a dangerous bench to get back somebody that shouldn't start over Kleiza (or probably Fields for that matter) in Williams, very underrated backup in Ridnour (but he's no Jose, that's for sure) OR a chemistry killer in JJ and ....... I'm not sold. I just think we'd be giving away more talent and taking on lengthy contracts. The best part about having Jose right now is that he's a huge expiring, but he's somebody that contribute in a big way if we decide to keep him. Unless we get significantly better I'd keep Jose for sure. Derozan..... I really like him but if Ross starts outplaying him right away I'd trade him before his value plummets.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    I'd be super happy for Jose but that trade could easily go south for us. Losing a starter and THE cog for what could be a dangerous bench to get back somebody that shouldn't start over Kleiza (or probably Fields for that matter) in Williams, very underrated backup in Ridnour (but he's no Jose, that's for sure) OR a chemistry killer in JJ and ....... I'm not sold. I just think we'd be giving away more talent and taking on lengthy contracts. The best part about having Jose right now is that he's a huge expiring, but he's somebody that contribute in a big way if we decide to keep him. Unless we get significantly better I'd keep Jose for sure. Derozan..... I really like him but if Ross starts outplaying him right away I'd trade him before his value plummets.
    Great post...totally agree with all of it.

vCash
    Williams is pretty good at the SF spot. He is definitely not a PF, as his offense completely dissapears when playing the four spot. I don't see why you think Fields or Kleiza should start over him. I know he only spent one year in the league but he has already shown that he is a much more versatile player than both of those guys.

I agree that Ridnour is not Jose. He is a worse passing point guard. But he is also a much better shooter and defender. He is the type of guy who can give you 10 points out of nowhere.

vCash
    Agree with most.

Question to ask:

Which is a better combination at the SG-SF position (now and future):

DeRozan/Ross
    Fields/Klieza

vs

Fields/Ross
    Williams/Klieza

?

Now (DeRozan in the lineup), but the future (Williams compliments Ross, Fields and Klieza better)
    Last edited by khanraymond; 08-16-2012 at 10:08 PM.

vCash
    I thought I distinctly remember Minnie fans saying this past year that D-Will can't guard opposing SFs. If that's the case, do not want. He also struggled from 3 and shot under 70% from the FT line..

Not a guy I would specifically target as our future SF, jmo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    I thought I distinctly remember Minnie fans saying this past year that D-Will can't guard opposing SFs. If that's the case, do not want. He also struggled from 3 and shot under 70% from the FT line..

Not a guy I would specifically target as our future SF, jmo.
    ya his big knocks were that he was slow and out of shape.

but he had some sort of nose surgery to reapair his septum which should help his breathing, and he was aiming to lose around 25 pounds.

Once Williams tightens his handles I think he is going to become a very good point forward. he will also get to the line at will.

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast