Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    spurs get screwed in that trade

they give up captain jack + scorer and insurance for Manu for Calderon and who? they got good backups already, Spurs don't need a PG
    I do agree the Spurs might ask for a little more but they don't have good back-ups if you ask me, I think Jose would be great on that team behind TP. I do think it leaves a hole at the SF for the Spurs but I don't think there getting screwed at all. Trades after Dec.15th when the FA can go would open up better trades for sure.

vCash
    Bargnani, Gray and 2013 second round pick

for

Al Jefferson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Bargnani, Gray and 2013 second round pick

for

Al Jefferson
    I like it, not because of Al Jefferson the player but his 15 million expiring is very attractive.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    I like it, not because of Al Jefferson the player but his 15 million expiring is very attractive.
    that be fine if we were a attractive destination and we could actually use that money on some free agents

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    I do agree the Spurs might ask for a little more but they don't have good back-ups if you ask me, I think Jose would be great on that team behind TP. I do think it leaves a hole at the SF for the Spurs but I don't think there getting screwed at all. Trades after Dec.15th when the FA can go would open up better trades for sure.
    its not worth to have a guy of Calderon's caliber to be playing behind Tony parker's 36+mins

vCash
    My only real concern right now is how this team gets down to 15 players for the season.

Sort of Jose plus Amir trade for an upgrade centre or SF...

I think raps will:

1. send Q Acy to the development league
    2. Bring Jamaal into the coaching staff
    3. Cut either Jerel or Chris which is sad... I'd like to see both these guys get a chance.

vCash
    One concern that may playout this season - our bench.

I would love to see Jonas move to backup C, playing with Amir, Klieza, Ross and Calderon.

I would love to find away to get Dalembert from the Bucks - a shot blocking C that rebounds well, and has an expiring contract.

Dalembert, Bargnani, Fields, DD, and Lowry would be a nice starting lineup - allowing Jonas time to develop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    What's wrong with Al Jefferson the player...he is only going to be 28 this year (1 year older then Bargs) but he is a much more complete player:

2008: 21/11.1/1.4 with 1.5 blocks in 36 mpg
    2009: 23.1/11.0/1.6 with 1.7 blocks in 37mpg
    2011: 19.2/9.6/2.2 with 1.7 blocks in 34 mpg
    2012: 18.6/9.7/1.8 with 1.8 blocks in 35 mpg

He is pretty close to a 20 and 10 type of player, and he can play both the 4 and the 5. I would be trying to resign him to play next to JV if we got him. Next years FA market isn't that attractive.

This year we would then have 4 bigs who can rebound and block shots, as well as a guy who can drop 20 ppg and draw double teams.

Jefferson/JV/Magloire
    Johnson/Davis/Acy
    Fields/Kleiza
    Derozan/Ross
    Lowry/Calderon/Lucas

Tell me you don't think that would make us a legit playoff team this year ..we would have a revamped starting unit, one of the best defensive teams in the NBA, one of the best backup PG's in the NBA, and 3 lottery picks providing depth on the bench.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by khanraymond View Post
    One concern that may playout this season - our bench.

I would love to see Jonas move to backup C, playing with Amir, Klieza, Ross and Calderon.

I would love to find away to get Dalembert from the Bucks - a shot blocking C that rebounds well, and has an expiring contract.

Dalembert, Bargnani, Fields, DD, and Lowry would be a nice starting lineup - allowing Jonas time to develop.
    I'd prefer Davis to Dalembert at this point in their respective careers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    What's wrong with Al Jefferson the player...he is only going to be 28 this year (1 year older then Bargs) but he is a much more complete player:

2008: 21/11.1/1.4 with 1.5 blocks in 36 mpg
    2009: 23.1/11.0/1.6 with 1.7 blocks in 37mpg
    2011: 19.2/9.6/2.2 with 1.7 blocks in 34 mpg
    2012: 18.6/9.7/1.8 with 1.8 blocks in 35 mpg

He is pretty close to a 20 and 10 type of player, and he can play both the 4 and the 5. I would be trying to resign him to play next to JV if we got him. Next years FA market isn't that attractive.

This year we would then have 4 bigs who can rebound and block shots, as well as a guy who can drop 20 ppg and draw double teams.

Jefferson/JV/Magloire
    Johnson/Davis/Acy
    Fields/Kleiza
    Derozan/Ross
    Lowry/Calderon/Lucas

Tell me you don't think that would make us a legit playoff team this year ..we would have a revamped starting unit, one of the best defensive teams in the NBA, one of the best backup PG's in the NBA, and 3 lottery picks providing depth on the bench.
    I'd love to get Al Jefferson. I've been a fan for a while. Love his post game and rebounding. I do think he is a better fit at PF than C though. I think he could play very well beside Val. My only thought is that if you build your team around two paint presences like Jefferson and Val, you better need better 3pt shooters to punish teams that try to take the paint away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I'd prefer Davis to Dalembert at this point in their respective careers.
    I do like Davis's upside.
    But Amir foul tendency, as well as Jonas expected foul tendency as a rookie - neither work well with Bargnani at this point in their career.
    This is not about the future, as I believe Jonas, with an increase in size and experience, will be more the capable of holding his own against starting C's.

Moving Jonas to the bench to play along side Amir seems to make sense - will limit foul tendencies as they will be playing against reserve bigs.

With regards to Davis - What do we expect from him.
    Rebounding and shot blocking seem to be his key attributes, but his offensive versatility is something to question. It is still really early, and he has supposedly work on his jump shot this summer.
    but again, having him doesn't help Amir or Jonas with starting calibre C's in the league.

Dalembert is a veteran C - which would help for a very young team. He would anchor the Defense at the C position, along with Lowry at the PG.
    As well as, it wouldn't be a huge investment - as he's an expiring contract.

vCash
    What about Washington as a suitor for Calderon given John wall injury....stress reaction?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by psrs1 View Post
    What about Washington as a suitor for Calderon given John wall injury....stress reaction?
    like the other thread, I think they could live with giving up Ariza.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    like the other thread, I think they could live with giving up Ariza.
    Calderon, Klieza & Gray for Ariza &?
    ]I may be acting like a Kidd, switch from team to team, now I'm getting Bucks and all I see is green. Call me what you want, image don't mean a thing to me, sign me for 5 or 6 mill and worry about my legacy. - Me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    Calderon, Klieza & Gray for Ariza &?
    lol we're expanding the trade now?

Calderon for 2014 first round draft pick

Page 23 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast