Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 1009
  1. #196
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    cardboard box
    Posts
    6,462
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    If we were to get Orlando's players: Al Harrington....

    I know Al Harrington is a chucker but I think he's still pretty decent- def be our best SF in ages. and some veteran presence.

    I would want Afflalo but we already have Derozan and Ross.

    I would want Moe Harkless if we wanted a younger player at the SF position. Maybe Ed Davis for Moe Harkless?
    highly doubt they do that trade

    because i am pretty sure Harkless was the main player coming into Orlando in that Dwight trade

  2. #197
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,030
    vCash
    2166
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    highly doubt they do that trade

    because i am pretty sure Harkless was the main player coming into Orlando in that Dwight trade
    i know. Maybe we give them an expiring in Calderon + Ed Davis (maybe add a 2nd rounder) for Harrington (3 years left including this one) and Harkless



  3. #198
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    601
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    highly doubt they do that trade

    because i am pretty sure Harkless was the main player coming into Orlando in that Dwight trade
    agreed

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    cardboard box
    Posts
    6,462
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    i know. Maybe we give them an expiring in Calderon + Ed Davis (maybe add a 2nd rounder) for Harrington (3 years left including this one) and Harkless
    I don't think giving up Calderon, which is a huge expiring for mid 1st rounder Moe Harkless and harrington, who is a good player but he will come off the bench and conflict with another Kleiza who needs the ball in his hands

    I'd rather keep Calderon because he can at least QB the 2nd unit and right now the team is well balanced

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,030
    vCash
    2166
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    I don't think giving up Calderon, which is a huge expiring for mid 1st rounder Moe Harkless and harrington, who is a good player but he will come off the bench and conflict with another Kleiza who needs the ball in his hands

    I'd rather keep Calderon because he can at least QB the 2nd unit and right now the team is well balanced
    Harrington and Klieza can play PF and SF respectively.

    Harkless would be here for the future. If Klieza opts out of his Player Option for 2012-2013 (pretty good salary at 4.6M IMO), Harkless can take his place in 2013-2014.

    2013-2014
    Lowry
    Derozan (assuming he resigns)
    Fields
    Bargnani
    JVal

    Free agency PG (Augustine/D.Harris/Udrih/CHRIS PAUL ROFL)
    Ross
    Harkless
    Harrington
    Johnson



  6. #201
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    cardboard box
    Posts
    6,462
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    Harrington and Klieza can play PF and SF respectively.

    Harkless would be here for the future. If Klieza opts out of his Player Option for 2012-2013 (pretty good salary at 4.6M IMO), Harkless can take his place in 2013-2014.

    2013-2014
    Lowry
    Derozan (assuming he resigns)
    Fields
    Bargnani
    JVal

    Free agency PG (Augustine/D.Harris/Udrih/CHRIS PAUL ROFL)
    Ross
    Harkless
    Harrington
    Johnson
    That is a big IF and Kleiza wouldn't do that

    and your plan would be if we were still aiming to rebuild

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,030
    vCash
    2166
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    That is a big IF and Kleiza wouldn't do that

    and your plan would be if we were still aiming to rebuild
    not necessarily. Not rebuilding at all if it just adds a parallel piece in Harkless (versus Ed Davis) to address out future SF. If you want continued success - you gotta have a good overlapping assets in terms of experience etc. Adding Harrington does not signal rebuilding at all- if anything, more veteran experience.

    If Klieza has a good year this year, he's going to opt out- he's healthy and motivated- I have a feeling he will do better than last year i.e. he would want more than a full MLE's sized contract - his contract isn't that bad. Harkless would get peanut minutes this year and more the following.

    Calderon is an expiring- we're leveraging his expiring to add on talent and salary we can't through FA. Gives us a full MLE to use on Calderon or whomever in 2013.

    I like Calderon but we also have to look towards the future. We've been trying to address the SF for years now. I think Harkless could fill that need in the near future. Harrington/Klieza would fill that roll now for a playoff push. Heck Derozan might disagree with the Raps if the team and him are at odds over money.

    which leads the Raps into trying to get experience for our young players. Harrington/Klieza would do more than fill our SF/PF combo position off of the bench right now to get that experience into the playoffs for the likes of Derozan, Ross, Lowry, Bargnani, JVal. and even Harkless.

    Either way. I'm fine with either Harrington or Calderon for experience (Harrington a much better offensive/defensive player and fills our need for scoring off of the bench with Klieza and Ross) but I want Harkless b/c he's a potential starting SF for the Raptors



  8. #203
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,214
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    not necessarily. Not rebuilding at all if it just adds a parallel piece in Harkless (versus Ed Davis) to address out future SF. If you want continued success - you gotta have a good overlapping assets in terms of experience etc. Adding Harrington does not signal rebuilding at all- if anything, more veteran experience.

    If Klieza has a good year this year, he's going to opt out- he's healthy and motivated- I have a feeling he will do better than last year i.e. he would want more than a full MLE's sized contract - his contract isn't that bad. Harkless would get peanut minutes this year and more the following.

    Calderon is an expiring- we're leveraging his expiring to add on talent and salary we can't through FA. Gives us a full MLE to use on Calderon or whomever in 2013.

    I like Calderon but we also have to look towards the future. We've been trying to address the SF for years now. I think Harkless could fill that need in the near future. Harrington/Klieza would fill that roll now for a playoff push. Heck Derozan might disagree with the Raps if the team and him are at odds over money.

    which leads the Raps into trying to get experience for our young players. Harrington/Klieza would do more than fill our SF/PF combo position off of the bench right now to get that experience into the playoffs for the likes of Derozan, Ross, Lowry, Bargnani, JVal. and even Harkless.

    Either way. I'm fine with either Harrington or Calderon for experience (Harrington a much better offensive/defensive player and fills our need for scoring off of the bench with Klieza and Ross) but I want Harkless b/c he's a potential starting SF for the Raptors
    I actually really like this trade. I think we would need to add in Sacramento's 2nd round pick.

    I agree this could help us with a push to the playoffs.

    Harrington actually gives us some interesting lineup options I think. Never mind rebuilding I feel this would actually signify a direction. A future Harkless/Ross wing combo has potential I believe.

  9. #204
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS
    Posts
    697
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    Idk but Im going to the Scrimmage in Halifax Lol.
    When is that Scrimmage again? I want to take my kids to see it. Where do you get the tickets?

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,186
    vCash
    1500
    Raptors signing Magloire to another year
    http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/09/r...-magloire.html


    "I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

  11. #206
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    50,011
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jon32 View Post
    Raptors signing Magloire to another year
    http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/09/r...-magloire.html
    non-guarnteed deal.

  12. #207
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    2,293
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapsfanforlife View Post
    When is that Scrimmage again? I want to take my kids to see it. Where do you get the tickets?
    Im not sure actually, its on October 2nd @ noon though, and it first come first serve, ticket were only 10$ though.
    ]I may be acting like a Kidd, switch from team to team, now I'm getting Bucks and all I see is green. Call me what you want, image don't mean a thing to me, sign me for 5 or 6 mill and worry about my legacy. - Me

  13. #208
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    21,208
    vCash
    1500
    Raps sign another training camp invite Chris Wright.

    Oh, yeah!

    Raptors news!!!!

    Since you know better than anyone that nothing’s really done until it’s done and I’m told this is not quite done yet, take that under advisement.

    But, there will be a non-guaranteed camp invite to Jamaal Magloire in the offing as there will be to Chris Wright, a 6-8 forward who spent some time last year with the Golden State Warriors.

    Word on Wright is that he’s a tough-nosed competitor, offensively limited but if you have to practice against him every day, you better be ready to work because he will go at out at every turn.

    Am also hearing there might be one or two more guys invited to camp – no names, they’re sifting through a few – but mostly they’d be as warm bodies on non-guaranteed deals.

    Now, if the right opportunity came about they might guarantee someone a deal but it’d have to be for the minimum – they are out of cap space and split most of their exceptions on Aaron Gray, John Lucas and Alan Anderson – so that’s probably going to limit the field.

    If you’re an NBA veteran looking for work right now – and I guess the two biggest “names” out there today are Leandro Barbosa and Mickeal Pietrus although some might put Josh Howard on that list – I’m not sure a minimum-value deal on a team like Toronto is going to be at the top of your list.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPncW...layer_embedded


    SWAGUEZ!!!

  14. #209
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    601
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jon32 View Post
    Raptors signing Magloire to another year
    http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/09/r...-magloire.html
    Why?

  15. #210
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Barrie, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,173
    vCash
    1500
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=997lbp7

    add draft picks and what not....thoughts??? We need something to talk about ... been boring lately

Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •