Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How many points will Mikael Samuelsson finish the season with?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • 11-20

1 16.67%
  • 21-30

0 0%
  • 31-40

4 66.67%
  • 41-50

1 16.67%
  • 51+

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

2012/2013 Expectations Edition 2: Mikael Samuelsson

2012/2013 Expectations Edition 1: Gustav Nyquist

Mikael Samuelsson

08/09, DET - 81 GP 40P
    09/10, VAN - 74GP 53P
    10/11, VAN - 75GP 50P
    11/12, VAN/FLA - 54GP 31P

Right Wing
    35 Years Old
    Last edited by BranWingss; 08-12-2012 at 06:33 PM.

vCash
    First off, I really do not like Mikael Samuelsson at all. I never did when he played for us, Vancouver, or Florida. I really do not understand the signing, but what's done is done. He'll likely play on our second unit PP. He may not as well, if we go with Brendan Smith.

I've got him playing on every single line this season. Probably hot n' cold the entire season. I'll say 37 points or so. He likely plays in 70 games. I'd just rathe see Tomas Tatar play instead of this guy.

vCash
    I don't get the signing because I feel his role will be so limited, I've got him down for 20 points, but I'm a pessimist. I just don't see him getting the ice time to be much more of a factor than that.

vCash
    He was signed probably exclusively for his right handed shot. He will be ok on the second unit PP. 10 PP points, total of 38 points for a decently successful season adding a vet presence and big body. I don't like the signing but it's time to wish the guy the best. Anything above 40 points and this is one happy man.

vCash
    this is a toughie. obviously he can produce with the right players like the Sedins. So if he plays top 6 he should be able to get 40+. Seems like he wont be inclined to contribute on bottom 6 though, like Bert and Mule. So I will play it safe with 31-40.

vCash
    IF he stays healthy I could see around 40 points. Probably more like 30-35 though.

Catches: 6 Yards: 72 TDs: 1

vCash
    Nyquist sure as hell be given an opportunity to take Hudler's top six spot.

Samuelsson should only be on the top two lines if bert or franzen are gliding around with their heads up their *****.

I could see 15/15 for 30 points though

vCash
    I see Samuelsson scoring 40 points. I see him on the 2nd line with Zetterberg. All you have to do is go back to the trade-deadline and look at what the Wings wanted to see why they added Samuelsson. They wanted depth and grit, Sammy gives them that, plus some size and a RH shot. If you noticed, all the forwards signed are RH shots, which is something the Wings felt they lacked.
    As high as some of you are on Nyquist, depending, on training camp and how Brunner adapts, I could see Brunner being given a shot before Nyquist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    I see Samuelsson scoring 40 points. I see him on the 2nd line with Zetterberg. All you have to do is go back to the trade-deadline and look at what the Wings wanted to see why they added Samuelsson. They wanted depth and grit, Sammy gives them that, plus some size and a RH shot. If you noticed, all the forwards signed are RH shots, which is something the Wings felt they lacked.
    As high as some of you are on Nyquist, depending, on training camp and how Brunner adapts, I could see Brunner being given a shot before Nyquist.
    I'm taking it you've never watched Sammy.

vCash
    Sammy has good size, which he can use occasionally....but he is extremely far away from gritty play.

vCash
    Maybe he's talking about Ulf Samuelsson?

vCash
    Still feel a little bad for Neely in the playoffs, forgot when

vCash
    I'm basically going to agree with what West said. He's been over or at .5 ppg for 8 straight years. I think if he plays in the top six he'll put up 41-50. If he doesn't I only see around 30 or so. Just like Nyquist, it really depends on where he plays. I don't mind this signing nearly as much now. With him and Renney on board we might have an improved power play which is something we shouldn't be worrying about every year with the players we have. I know we lost Lidstrom but if Smith can step right in (I think he can) then it should be pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    I would have rathered to shell up that extra $1,500,000 a year for Ray Whitney. He's a playmaker, not what we need, but I'd take it. I really would. I never liked Sammy. I wish he demanded a trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I would have rathered to shell up that extra $1,500,000 a year for Ray Whitney. He's a playmaker, not what we need, but I'd take it. I really would. I never liked Sammy. I wish he demanded a trade.
    I never liked him either but one of the reasons I was against signing him is that we wouldn't have the cap space to sign Suter or Parise. I still think Holland is going to trade some forwards away. If not, I have no clue what he's thinking. We have like 15 forwards once Abdelkader is resigned. That's not including Tatar either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast