Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How many points will Gus Nyquist finish the season with?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-10 points

0 0%
  • 11-20 points

0 0%
  • 21-30 points

1 16.67%
  • 31-40 points

4 66.67%
  • 41-50 points

1 16.67%
  • 51+ points

0 0%
    vCash

2012/2013 Expectations Edition 1: Gustav Nyquist

We did this last year and it was a success. Probably do 8 or so this year. One a week, every week, until the regular season. We'll try and mix up the players.

Last Year's Edition
    1: Jiri Hudler
    2: Ian White
    3: Valtteri Filppula
    4: Jimmy Howard
    5: Johan Franzen

Week 1 will be Gustav Nyquist. He should be starting the season out with the Red Wings.

18 regular season games last season; 1G 6A, 7P
    4 playoff games; 0P

Could be getting time with Pavel Datsyuk this season as they seemed to have chemistry.

I'm thinking Mikael Samuelsson, Niklas Kronwall, Kyle Quincey, Dan Cleary, Henrik Zetterberg, Patrick Eaves and Jordin Tootoo for the other 7 weeks.

vCash
    It really depends on his linemates. If he plays with Datsyuk I could seriously see 55+ points. I really like him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    4 of the guys we mentioned last season had career seasons. Jiri Hudler was around his career high in points but his overall game greatly improved. He got gritty. Ian White was better than we thought and was really a big pick-up to our top four. Val Filppula and Jimmy Howard turned into the All-Star catergories. Johan Franzen was inconsistent, and was very lazy. Still put up a big chunk of points I guess.

Now that we have 8 up, here's hoping that 6 of them have career seasons.

I'm thinking high 30s/low 40s for Gustav Nyquist. I'm expecting him to bounce around the line-up. He'll be playing some games on our fourth line, and some on our first line. I think he'll have a few multi-point nights with that #13.

vCash
    Playing with Pavel is going to give him a lot of chances. I'm going to expect ups and downs from a young player so I can't go very high in points, also I think we'll see Bert and Johan with Pav a lot as well this year (). 40 sounds about right to me.

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    He'll also be considered a rookie I believe. He might have a shot at a nomination.

vCash
    If were gonna make the playoffs we need him to get close to 50.

Earning Respect with every Withdrawal

vCash
    I see him getting 20-25 points because I think he will get limited playing time, plus he may not be on the team. Most trade rumors have Nyquist linked to them, so if the Wings do make a trade Nyquist may be jettisoned.

vCash
    I could see limited playing time considering he is young, not really proven and our gluttony of forwards. But I find it extremely hard to believe he will be moved considering after Smith he is our only for sure NHL talent unless someone gives us something too good to pass up.