Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Toronto Fan Chat

I am not a big CFL fan but I do cheer for the Argos when I can, I can't believe they did this. I understand wanting to get rid of him but he must have had some trade value no?

Just after noon on Sunday, Boyd, an avid Twitter user,
    Cory Boyd posted an ominous photo of his Argos' locker without any comment. Minutes later the press release announcing his release came from the Argonauts.

"I would like to thank Cory for his many contribution to our club over the past few years," Argonauts general manager Jim Barker said in a statement. "Releasing a player mid-season is never an easy thing to do and this decision was not made overnight."
    Link: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cfl...GlvbnM-;_ylv=3

vCash
    wow, wasn't he the leading rusher?

edit: duh, it says so right in the headline
    Last edited by GuySir; 08-12-2012 at 04:07 PM.

vCash
    ^ Yeah, he was.

Word out there is that he was a me first guy. When he didn't have the rock, he didn't block, run routes or do anything. I don't know, the guy was the leading rusher in the league, Im not sure you cut him because of that. Like Bob said, he HAS to have trade value, has too.

Credit--- Phins1983

vCash
    Nothing surprises me in the CFL anymore. But if he was a "cancer" to the team then let him go. In the CFL there are a 100 import running backs to take his place.

vCash

Toronto Fan Chat

Football Forum

vCash
    Now he gets released by the Esk's. They had no room anyways, be interesting if someone picks him up this year. Guy is good, but when you are a leading rusher and get let go twice in the same season, there has to be more to him than just football issues!

vCash
    I don't know if I would read too much into him being released by the Esks. Charles probably makes significantly less money while Messam is Canadian so the decision may have had nothing to do with his attitude.

vCash
    ^ You may be right. Just makes sence for them to release him, but this guy is good, and it seems like he is in limbo, and have not heard of any other team interested, however there are still games left and the playoff teams could lose a back to injury, I would think then he would be picked up.

vCash
    Boyd back with Edmonton???? Make up your mind already.

vCash
    Arrrgggoooossss

vCash

vCash
    Definitely excited for the upcoming season,, looking forward to see how we respond after winning the Grey Cup.

vCash
    Yes, some more fans. Argos put everything in to win last year, but they have a proven QB., I expect they should lead the East this year!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    Yes, some more fans. Argos put everything in to win last year, but they have a proven QB., I expect they should lead the East this year!
    Speaking of the QB

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=424232

Argos are finally beginning talks to extend Ricky Ray's contract. Hope we can sign him to a deal long term. Having an all round receiver like Owens and an up and coming RB in Kackert should definitely entice him to stay. Was unable to find the list of salaries for QBs under contract, but I think I read somewhere that Lulay makes the most out of all QBs in the CFL, one could only think that Ray will be looking for somewhere around the same salary range.

vCash
    Ray signed through 2015, so you have him for another 3 years. Good for the Argos!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast