1 1.96%
  • 10 years

4 7.84%
  • 15 or more

2 3.92%
Page 207 of 257 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3848

Thread: The CFL Thread

Hard to watch last night, Brink was pretty rough. But seems any body we put back there, unless the OF line can't keep guys off them, is going to get clocked.
    Hope fans give them a good homecoming, and the Bombers can get back on track, this isn't the Lions of last year, they had a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Contracts in the CFL usually aren't guarenteed, so it won't be that big a of a financial hit for them.
    Yes I believe you are right. But this is happenning every year so I think its time to be grooming a QB now for the future. I can't see that this getting hurt often trend with Buck is going to change in the future.

I hear what your saying, and you maybe right, but I did say that IF the pop. grows and there are more fans to accomodate that increaseing the number of seats may be needed. These are staduims that are a bowl, so when big games are on and the demand is high you can't just throw up temp. to get that extra 1000 in. I hope that in years to come that there are provisions in the plans to expand IF the demand warrants. I believe winnipeg has the ability to add seats up to 42000 for grey cups. I just realized that which makes my statements moot. I would think Sask. would have the same provisions in their plans.Which again makes my comments moot.
    So on to the next subject.

At least we are getting some conversations going on here. Wish we had more players
    Last edited by wagnall; 07-19-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    I hear what your saying, and you maybe right, but I did say that IF the pop. grows and there are more fans to accomodate that increaseing the number of seats may be needed. These are staduims that are a bowl, so when big games are on and the demand is high you can't just throw up temp. to get that extra 1000 in. I hope that in years to come that there are provisions in the plans to expand IF the demand warrants. I believe winnipeg has the ability to add seats up to 42000 for grey cups. I just realized that which makes my statements moot. I would think Sask. would have the same provisions in their plans.Which again makes my comments moot.
    So on to the next subject.

At least we are getting some conversations going on here. Wish we had more players
    Used to have more people in here but eventually the conversation fell to weekly game threads where everyone would guess the winners and actual discussion disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    Yes I believe you are right. But this is happenning every year so I think its time to be grooming a QB now for the future. I can't see that this getting hurt often trend with Buck is going to change in the future.
    I honestly think that Buck would be best suited in a backup sparkplug role sort of like what Huffnagel used to do, and Mass more recently.

The entire offense is a joke. Joe mack really gutted this team

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    The entire offense is a joke. Joe mack really gutted this team
    Their offense was a joke last year too. Defense was just better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Their offense was a joke last year too. Defense was just better.
    exactly.

A merge will never happen. It just doesn't make sence for anyone. I could see the nfl expanding to Toronto though. It's been the only Canadian city where Canadian expansions have worked and even flourished.

First off, it wouldn't be a "merger". The CFL would merely be absorbed into the NFL. That being said, it ain't happening! lol. I do think the Bills thing in Toronto is their way of safely feeling things out there, and as soon as their owner passes away it might happen. I would expect to see a team in Canada in the next 5 to 10 years. LA gets a team first! Canada second. 10 years ago i would have said Mexico second, but with all the cartel/security problems down there i now see that as far down the road.

Toronto Fan Chat

I am not a big CFL fan but I do cheer for the Argos when I can, I can't believe they did this. I understand wanting to get rid of him but he must have had some trade value no?

Just after noon on Sunday, Boyd, an avid Twitter user,
    Cory Boyd posted an ominous photo of his Argos' locker without any comment. Minutes later the press release announcing his release came from the Argonauts.

"I would like to thank Cory for his many contribution to our club over the past few years," Argonauts general manager Jim Barker said in a statement. "Releasing a player mid-season is never an easy thing to do and this decision was not made overnight."
    Link: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cfl...GlvbnM-;_ylv=3

wow, wasn't he the leading rusher?

edit: duh, it says so right in the headline
    Last edited by GuySir; 08-12-2012 at 04:07 PM.

^ Yeah, he was.

Word out there is that he was a me first guy. When he didn't have the rock, he didn't block, run routes or do anything. I don't know, the guy was the leading rusher in the league, Im not sure you cut him because of that. Like Bob said, he HAS to have trade value, has too.

Credit--- Phins1983

Nothing surprises me in the CFL anymore. But if he was a "cancer" to the team then let him go. In the CFL there are a 100 import running backs to take his place.

Elliott looked pretty good last night. Hamilton shot themselves in the foot all night, but the Bombers took advantage. Pretty exciting 2nd 1/2.