Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    vCash
    http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/sports/footb...la-a-fraud/?ag

More Raiola/Anonymous followup:
    This afternoon, the editor of Pro Football Weekly issued an apology to the Lions organization and to Raiola via an e-mail to a reader who had commented on the story, which was shared on detroitlions.com

Hub Arkush's email read:
    “You know what? You’re right and I hope you will accept my apologies. As the Publisher and Editor here this was totally my responsibility and I failed Pro Football Weekly, my staff and our readers.
    “The Audibles section has been a thorn in my side for some time as I personally have several issues with it, but it is also one of the most popular features we run and the majority of our readers love it so I find myself stuck between a rock and a hard place. I can absolutely guarantee you every word in it comes from over – the – top credible sources but the restriction on getting such gritty, truth – off – the – bone commentary and analysis is if our sources agreed to be quoted most could lose their jobs. Do we give our readers this great, insiders’ analysis and commentary with our guarantee of the quality of the sources, or do we give you none of it because it is anonymous? I suspect you love it when it’s done right and not about your team.

“This was not done right. The original commentary on the Lions was fair and reasonable, as was Raiola’s reaction. But when Raiola called our critic out and we allowed him/her to take a second, personal and yet still anonymous shot at Raiola, that was over the line. You have my promise, we will do better. I’ve blind copied Martin Mayhew, Bill Keenist and Matt Barnhart, the Lions Director of Media Operations so that they can see my apology and in the hopes they will share it with Raiola and let him know that I would like the chance to apologize to him personally as well. I believe we get it right here 99% of the time but when you’re wrong, you’re wrong and I really appreciate you calling it to my attention. You are free to share this e – mail with whoever you like. Thank you, and thanks for reading PFW and taking the time to comment.”

vCash
    win the next 2 games and we're in 2nd place in the north. come on lions!

vCash
    If you can't put your name to it than you shouldn't be saying it.

vCash
    http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/sports/lions...pro32-rankings

The Detroit Lions are ranked 13th in this week's poll, one spot behind the Indianapolis Colts and third in the NFC North behind the Bears (2) and Packers (5).
    This week's opponent, the Minnesota Vikings are ranked 18th.
    Some comments from those on the panel who vote in the poll:
    Chris Berman (ESPN, 12) -- The Lion no longer sleeps tonight.

Clifton Brown (Sporting News, 13) -- Building momentum, with huge divisional games against Vikings and Packers next.

Cris Collinsworth (NBC Sports, 13)

Rich Gannon (CBS Sports/SiriusXM NFL Radio, 15) -- Stafford carrying this team right now; they'd be in trouble without him.

Bob Glauber (Newsday, 12) -- Mikel Leshoure does something not even Barry Sanders did in his Hall of Fame career in Detroit: rush for three first-half TDs as Lions roll over Jags on the road.

Rick Gosselin (Dallas Morning News, 14) -- The Lions now have the NFC's best offense and have won three of their last four games to resurrect themselves as a wild-card candidate.

Clark Judge (CBSSports.com, 11) -- Finally, the Lions are back to .500, but there's still one problem: They play in the same division with Chicago and Green Bay.

Ira Kaufman (Tampa Tribune, 12) -- Starting to stir, especially that dormant ground game.

Pat Kirwan (SiriusXM NFL Radio/CBSSports.com, 14) -- The Lion offense is back on track and the presence of running back Mikel Leshoure gives them some balance. The defense has injury issues and probably need to be supported by more scoring from the offense.

John Lynch (Fox Sports, 14) -- An interesting team to watch. We all know they have the talent. Can they play disciplined football? If so, they can be dangerous.

Alex Marvez (Foxsports.com, 14) -- The Lions finally played a complete game in last Sunday's 31-14 shellacking of Jacksonville.
    Dan Pompei (Chicago Tribune, 13) -- They have won three of four and are back at .500. Arrow is pointing up.

vCash
    Over the next 2 weeks the Lions will go 2-0 (MIN, GB), the Bears will go 0-2 (HOU, SF), and the Packers will go 0-1 (DET)....and the NFC North standings will be CHI (7-3), DET (6-4), GB (6-4). Honestly, i'm not serious with my prediction, but it is actually a somewhat realistic possibility.

The Lions have to beat Minnesota first though
    Last edited by FortDetroit; 11-07-2012 at 02:14 AM.

vCash
    I've said it before I really think these next for games are pretty much a must win situation...

vCash
    I know we really haven't played any great passing teams or QBs yet, but you gotta be happy with the way the secondary has performed this season despite the all the injuries and the revolving door as far as starters go. I think this Minnesota game will be the first time all season we have a starting secondary group for more than a single game (Jonte, Houston, Silva, Coleman). That's gotta be difficult to play that way when it comes to chemistry, knowing assignments, everyone being on the same page, etc.

Again, would like to see some more turnovers...but if the trade off is pretty much zero big plays against us (we lead the league in 20+ yard passing plays against) i'll take it.

Hopeful that we can re-sign Houston and Jonte and Bentley can continue to progress as players next season. I love Delmas, but unless we can get him cheap next season I think we need to let him go. Even if we do bring him back it's time to look into some new young safeties who can start or provide depth. Even Speivey has looked solid this year (tackling looks improved from last season when he was abysmal) but like Delmas, he can't stay healthy and like Best, he appears to have concussion issues now..
    Last edited by FortDetroit; 11-10-2012 at 06:03 PM.

vCash
    I love Silva

Get this guy the ball!!!!

vCash
    ESPN made a list of potential breakout/emerging rookies for the 2nd half of the season:

Jonte Green, CB, Detroit Lions
    Out of New Mexico State, Green was a bit of a wild card but has played pretty well for the Lions and should see more starts both because he's healthy and because he plays without fear. The guy has some ability, and the Lions may have a steal with the late sixth-rounder.
    espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8614476/justin-blackmon-rookies-emerge-second-half-nfl

vCash
    ESPN acknowledges a Michigan sports player??????

Get this guy the ball!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    ESPN acknowledges a Michigan sports player??????
    nah.. u must be high

13 Rec - 247 Yards -2 TD

vCash
    when you see young o-line men like bryan bulaga and derrick sherrod get injured and go on IR, ending their seasons...it just makes it seem even more crazy that backus hasn't missed a start in his career in 12 seasons. raiola has been impressive too, 4 starts missed in the last 11 seasons (didnt start his rookie year). those guys get hated on all the time, but its going to be weird when they arent on the team anymore.

vCash
    They haven't missed games because they know they'll lose their jobs the minute they hit the sidelines and get outperformed by a practice squader.

/kidding

I just realized I joke too much on here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    when you see young o-line men like bryan bulaga and derrick sherrod get injured and go on IR, ending their seasons...it just makes it seem even more crazy that backus hasn't missed a start in his career in 12 seasons. raiola has been impressive too, 4 starts missed in the last 11 seasons (didnt start his rookie year). those guys get hated on all the time, but its going to be weird when they arent on the team anymore.
    I can't wait for that day, Backus probably would have made a very awesome guard, he was a good tackle not stellar and should have been upgraded during his first 8 years with the team.

Raiola is a jerk should have been cut the first time he flipped off the fans, is ability to see the blitz has kept him around way to long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    I can't wait for that day, Backus probably would have made a very awesome guard, he was a good tackle not stellar and should have been upgraded during his first 8 years with the team.

Raiola is a jerk should have been cut the first time he flipped off the fans, is ability to see the blitz has kept him around way to long.
    truer words have never been spoken

Not Even Fair #BTFD

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast