Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Battle Creek MI
    Posts
    1,472
    vCash
    1500
    I've got no issue with the postings, nor the argument factor. That's what goes on on sites such as this. But the rudeness, insults, etc., towards people who aren't in agreement with you or are obviously not as knowledgeable is classless.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Battle Creek MI
    Posts
    1,472
    vCash
    1500
    People forget that during that generation, you could be very low mobility wise and play top pair mins. Beuk was that guy, as was Derian Harcher. It's changed now with the interference penalties, etc. Guys who used to make up for lack of mobility with size can't anymore because of the rules and the fact that guys are decidedly bigger, in an almost wholesale way.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    306
    vCash
    1500
    If you going to be stupid and put dumb icons like this towards posters when you are completely wrong, you are going to get called out.


    McIlrath is an excellent skater for his size. His mobility will not be an issue on any level.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,118
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by averymustgo View Post
    If you going to be stupid and put dumb icons like this towards posters when you are completely wrong, you are going to get called out.


    McIlrath is an excellent skater for his size. His mobility will not be an issue on any level.
    We're going to have so much fun this season
    Averymustgo...must go

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Langhorne, PA
    Posts
    417
    vCash
    1500
    Whenever I see a thread started by averymustgo, all I can think of is this

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    306
    vCash
    1500
    Whenever I see a post by the TheGame I think this. Another idiotic post, contributing nothing to the board, not talking about hockey because he knows nothing about hockey so he can't talk about it. You're like the tool who walks into the bar thinking he can get any girl but you have no game whatsoever. All talk. No results.

    Try talking hockey and putting some opinions out there. You won't because have no balls. You would rather just critique what other people say instead of putting your opinions out there. We call that a coward on a chat board.
    Last edited by averymustgo; 08-15-2012 at 06:42 AM.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,118
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by averymustgo View Post
    Whenever I see a post by the TheGame I think this. Another idiotic post, contributing nothing to the board, not talking about hockey because he knows nothing about hockey so he can't talk about it. You're like the tool who walks into the bar thinking he can get any girl but you have no game whatsoever. All talk. No results.

    Try talking hockey and putting some opinions out there. You won't because have no balls. You would rather just critique what other people say instead of putting your opinions out there. We call that a coward on a chat board.
    In fairness any point someone makes you claim is made by a moron with no brain cells so pick a direction; either want people to make posts or don't. Half of your posts aren't about hockey but about demeaning other people on the board which is fine with me because it's funny and entertaining but most people won't respond well to it.
    Averymustgo...must go

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    7,188
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by averymustgo View Post
    If you going to be stupid and put dumb icons like this towards posters when you are completely wrong, you are going to get called out.


    McIlrath is an excellent skater for his size. His mobility will not be an issue on any level.
    McIlrath has two flaws that could prevent him from being an NHL'er, one is more of a concern than the other because one can be worked on easier than the other at this point. The strength of his skating is one and his defensive abilities in his own end is the other. His own end is not as much of an issue as we've seen with DelZotto and how he's learned to become defensively aware under our AHL coaches and a lot of time with players who are slower their defensive abilities are lessoned because they can't get to a spot quick enough. Stu Bickel would be a lock for this team if he could move quicker, but as it is he's slow and although he's a good enough player he just isn't able to keep up to opposing teams forwards. I was hoping McIlrath would be able to get to do what Boyle did under Barb Underhill and get some lessons in skating but with his injury it won't happen this summer.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    306
    vCash
    1500
    I don't see McIlrath's skating being any issue. Clark has consistently raved how about his quick feet and footwork. I think guys that big always look a bit slow but you have to factor in their huge reach and how that cuts off space. I thought Staal looked slow for several playoff games then he started to adjust to the speed outside. He got beat 3-4 times before he adjusted.

    Can he skate like McDonagh? Obviously not. However, guys like McIlrath are not going to be rushing up the ice or pinching in like McDonagh. His job is to play safe, stay at home hockey and beat the living crap out of anybody in front of Hank or who takes runs at his teammates.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    7,188
    vCash
    1500
    His skating is no better than Bickels right now, and his game isn't much different either minus the size difference and Bickel wasn't reliable enough to be used consistantly or even much at all during playoffs. You mentioned Staal but Staal's skating is twice as good as McIlraths and he even gets beat from time to time as you said so McIlrath at this point would be a pilon in the NHL I think McIlrath will get it together, but there's no guarantee. I like everything else he brings, but he's really gotta get his feet moving. I don't know what drugs Clark was taking the day he said McIlrath had quick feet but it musta been good stuff because I've seen him play and he's not covering ground quick enough for the minors let alone the bigs, he struggles to be a + player at this point. Having said all that I think he'll get the help he needs in this system and get his mobility issues resolved, and I expect him to be a good player for this franchise and possibly exactly what we need for a 3rd pair d man.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,414
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Faithful View Post
    Yea because we have no one who levels guys like malkin, Kovalchuk, or any other big stars....oh wait a minute we do have Marc Staal

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=102tvQ9GD98

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfBezJq8L8M

    Staal doesn't force opponents forwards to keep their head up. He's barely cracking 210lbs and plays like it.

    Regarding McIlrath - IMO, he appears to be a rich man's Daneyko (which might be better than a Marc Staal). He is never going to be a phenominal skater but will likely be a significant presence in the defensive zone. He's a 2nd line defenseman at best with more a physical upside than a skill upside. The Rangers need this type player and we can live with those attributes.
    Last edited by NYSPORTS98; 08-17-2012 at 07:39 AM.
    .
    .


  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,118
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Staal doesn't force opponents forwards to keep their head up. He's barely cracking 210lbs and plays like it.

    Regarding McIlrath - IMO, he appears to be a rich man's Daneyko (which might be better than a Marc Staal). He is never going to be a phenominal skater but will likely be a significant presence in the defensive zone. He's a 2nd line defenseman at best with more a physical upside than a skill upside. The Rangers need this type player and we can live with those attributes.
    So he plays like a guy whos 6'4" 210 wow that's awful
    Averymustgo...must go

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,414
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Faithful View Post
    So he plays like a guy whos 6'4" 210 wow that's awful

    Well, showing two videos of him hitting two players off balance doesn't make him nearly as physical as you're portraying him. The Rangers drafted McIlrath b/c nobody is system's backline is physical, including Mark Staal.
    .
    .


  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    7,188
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Staal doesn't force opponents forwards to keep their head up. He's barely cracking 210lbs and plays like it.

    Regarding McIlrath - IMO, he appears to be a rich man's Daneyko (which might be better than a Marc Staal). He is never going to be a phenominal skater but will likely be a significant presence in the defensive zone. He's a 2nd line defenseman at best with more a physical upside than a skill upside. The Rangers need this type player and we can live with those attributes.
    McIlrath will never be as good as Staal is all around, but he is a necessary player for this team. We need someone with his size and intimidation on our back end. Hopefully he can continue to get better as he did last year.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    306
    vCash
    1500
    I'm not ready to say he won't be as good as Staal. I think Staal has slipped with his defensive game the past couple years and he's never been good offensively. McIlrath is still incredibly young. He hasn't even played 40 games in the AHL. Remember, his game is much better in a league like the AHL and NHL. In junior, he just destroys these 170 wimps and they feel sorry for him and suspend him for any big hit. In the AHL or NHL, nobody is going to feel sorry a 200 to 220 pound guy if McIlrath lays him out with a huge hit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •