Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

NBA ReDraft Rules and Announcements

Requirements of this ReDraft

The only pre-requisite for this game is committed activity. It is crucial that all GMs be active for this game to run smoothly. There will be periodical check-in threads to monitor the activity of each GM. If your activity, or lack thereof, becomes a problem you will be demoted to an assistant or fired and replaced with a GM on the waiting list. We have seen inactive GM's in past games and we want to ensure that isn't the case for this game. If you know you can't always be active, make sure you tag up with a co that is going to be active.

Draft Rules:

1) The only players eligible to be drafted in this redraft are players who are currently playing in the NBA. Players that are playing in Europe are not eligible to be drafted. This also applies to players in college and players that have retired from the NBA. Just to clarify, rookies who were in the 2012 NBA draft ARE eligible to be drafted in this redraft. Their salaries are under their respective team pages.

2) When making a pick, please post the Number of the draft pick and the player being selected. This allows the draft board to be updated easier going forward. Once you make a pick, it cannot be changed unless that player was already taken prior to you making your selection.

3) The First 2 Rounds of the Draft will have a 6 hour time limit. 4 Hour time limit per pick will be given for rounds 3-10 and 11-13 will be determined based on the activity of the redraft at the time. The Clock will not run from 12:00 AM to Noon EST.

4) If you are online when your pick is on the clock, you will have 30 minutes to make a selection. This same rule also applies to teams that are within 3 picks of the current selection on the clock. Please do not try and set your status to invisible as MOD’s can see if you are online or not.

5) If your pick is skipped, you may make the selection anytime after your pick being skipped.

6) If you trade for a pick that is on the clock, you will have the remainder of the time left on the clock plus 15 minutes to make your selection

7) If you know you will be away a day from the draft, please send in a list to myself, RR, Catfish or someone you trust to make your selection for you.

8) After you are done making your pick, please PM or VM the GM of the next team after you so they are fully aware it is their turn to pick.

Trading Rules

-I must receive a PM from both GMs on the trade before it can be posted. Trade PM's can be sent to either RR or myself.

-Once you have sent in the PM agreeing to a trade, you are committed and cannot back out. If you are on the fence about a trade, think about it before you send it in.

-Each team must receive an equal number of players/picks in each trade, otherwise some teams could end up with fewer than the required 12 man roster.

-You may NOT trade cap room in trades.

-Any trade that appears, to a trade committee (will be an unbiased party) judgement, too lopsided in one team's favor will go through a trade committee consisting of well respected NBA posters not affiliated with the ReDraft. I've seen disputes occur from having GM's be on the trade committee, so it'll be outside opinions if we need the vote of the committee.

-Please send in trades in to us in this format (example):

Title of PM: Bobcats/Celtics Trade

Celtics in:
    Player(s) + salary
    Pick(s)

Bobcats in:
    Player(s) + salary
    Pick(s)

-Salaries need to be sent in with the player so that teams are aware of how much a player makes when they trade for them. I don't want teams going over the hardcap and then realizing they didn't know a certain player made a certain amount.

General Rules of the Redraft

Salary Cap is set at 70 Million. You cannot under any circumstances exceed the cap. We wanted to change it up a bit, so that is why the cap is what it is. This will cause GM's to be more strategic when drafting and can't just draft any player regardless of salary.

We will use Player salaries from the 2012-2013 and salaries will be used from the site below. Unsigned free agents have a salary of 2 million dollars.
    http://www.storytellerscontracts.inf...13salaries.htm

You are not allowed to talk about undrafted players in the lounge. If you repeat this act more than once, I will force you to forfeit a draft pick. You may talk about players only once they have been drafted. On your second offense, You will be forced to give up your 10th round pick. If it happens again, it will be your 9th round pick. This is obviously subject to change after we get passed the 10th round.

Do NOT Pretend to be another GM when making a trade. For example, If you are caught using Chatzy to make trades while posing as another teams GM, you will be FIRED and removed from the Redraft.

If You are banned, you will be fired from the ReDraft.
    Last edited by phlp_bj; 08-30-2012 at 06:43 PM.

vCash
    We will also be using made up names, so plan ahead with cities you are interested in for signups.

If there is something I missed or if you need clarification on something, feel free to VM/PM me or RR. Or you can post it in the lounge and I'll clarify when I see it.

vCash
    Rough Schedule

8/29/2012: Signups will close and I'll be posting the GM list sometime tonight if I get time to work on it later.

8/30/2012-8/31/2012: GM check in. 2 days should be enough for everyone to check in.

9/1/2012: Draft order revealed

9/3/2012: Draft unofficially starts. No clock since it's Labor day and most people will be busy.

9/4/2012: Clock officially starts and draft officially begins.

This is just a rough schedule. This may change depending on how busy I am with life.

vCash
    Barring some strange incident, I will be revealing the draft order tomorrow night at 7PM CST in the following chat room. Feel free to play around with it if you want. http://xat.com/NBAReDraft. Gracias fellas.

vCash
    Just to clarify, rookies who were in the 2012 NBA draft ARE eligible to be drafted in this redraft. Their salaries are under their respective team pages.

vCash
    Clock starts Friday 8/31 at 12 PM CST. Feel free to pick now if you want. No time limit today. Clock will stop all of Monday since it's Labor day and will resume back up Tuesday at 12 PM CST

vCash
    A GM asked about this so i'll point it out. There are no injuries in this game. Everyone is healthy. But of course, if you select a guy that is always injured, people would just assume he's injured.

vCash
    If you are within 3 picks, send in a list. Otherwise you will be skipped.

vCash
    Remember guys that the clock stops tomorrow, Monday 9/2, because of Labor day. The clock will start up again Tuesday at noon. Thanks

vCash
    VM me if you would join a fantasy football league on Yahoo if I made a league. If I get enough interest, I'll make a league

vCash
    For whoever is interested. I just put in a time/date so I can create the league. Nothing set in stone. We can talk about what is a good time for everyone. I can increase/decrease the amount of teams depending on interest.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

League ID: 854443
    League Password: Pandas

vCash
    If someone who is on the clock but is not online, yet at the same time is on the chatzy and talking trade, you will still be skipped. Wanted to make that clear since a few people brought that up to me.

vCash
    Remember it's 4 Hour time limit per pick will be given for rounds 3-10.

Also, I will be starting school tomorrow, so I will just tell you my schedule so you guys know when I'll be on. During class it may show that I'm on, but I'm probably on the app so can't do much.

Monday & Wednesday = classes from 10:10 to 11:40 and 11:50 to 1:20.
    Tuesday = 9:40 to 11:10 and 1:30 to 4:45.
    Thursday = 9:40 to 11:10.
    Friday = No classes

vCash
    Just as a heads up, I'll be doing clubhouse checks on Saturday, 9/8 around noon ish. The things I'll look for are mostly salary related. I want to see where you are salary wise overall and I want to see individual player salaries. I'll be checking if everything is accurate. If someone is over the salary cap, they will be DQ'd automatically. This will also be a good opportunity for the people that I have bugged to update their clubhouse to finally update them as well. Thanks.

vCash
    Clubhouses are all good to go. There were some minor mistakes/things to do, but I have messaged those GMs to let them know. Blackfoot, you are at 69mil. Be careful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast