Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

Who Will Have The Most Wins?

Right now Don Nelson has the most wins of any coach in the history of the game (1,335). It is a breakable record however. George Karl is at 1078 wins and is only 61 years old. Phil Jackson has 1,155 and may be back on the sidelines soon. Larry Brown has 1,327 (including ABA).

Are any of these coaches, or any other coaches going to be able to surpass Nelson's record?

Nelson starting coaching at a very young age; 36. Most coaches don't get that early a start (Greg Pop got his first head coaching gig at 48). But his winning percentage isn't all that high .557 compared to Pop's .681 or Jackson's .704 or Riley's .636), so it is very concievable that another coach will eclipse him (doc Rivers got to start young, 38 years old, and already has 549 win under his belt, and he's only 51 and I expect him to be employed for some time to come yet).

I think Doc will eventually get the most wins. He started young and will likely have his choice of jobs when his contract is up, like Phil Jackson did after he won 6 rings with the Bulls. But it might take him more than ten years to get there.

Who do you think well end up with the most wins?

EDIT: Just out of curiousity, because we are speaking of coaches, does anybody know why K.C. Jones never really coached much after leaving Boston? And did you know that "K. C. Jones" is his full name?
    Last edited by JasonJohnHorn; 11-11-2012 at 07:58 PM.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

George Karl

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Spoelstra, depending on how long he's with the heat that is. as much as i hate that team, he was put in the perfect situation

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Quote Originally Posted by #Shumpert Up View Post
    Spoelstra, depending on how long he's with the heat that is. as much as i hate that team, he was put in the perfect situation
    It's possible. He's only 42 after all, but if he can't win the next couple of season, I think he may find himself on the outs. Very high expectations with this squad. Winning 60+ regular seasons won't be enough to keep his job. Even if he gets to the finals the next two seasons, if they don't win it all Riley will move on. Especially with LBJ's contract being up on 2014, they need to keep him in Miami, and they need to keep winning to do that. It'll be a similar situation to Bill Fitch in Boston. He won it all with them, and they posted great regualr season records, but a couple of seasons with no ring to add, and Fitch was gone!
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

I expect Rivers to coach at least 15 more years. I think he can rack up 800 wins in that stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    It's possible. He's only 42 after all, but if he can't win the next couple of season, I think he may find himself on the outs. Very high expectations with this squad. Winning 60+ regular seasons won't be enough to keep his job. Even if he gets to the finals the next two seasons, if they don't win it all Riley will move on. Especially with LBJ's contract being up on 2014, they need to keep him in Miami, and they need to keep winning to do that. It'll be a similar situation to Bill Fitch in Boston. He won it all with them, and they posted great regualr season records, but a couple of seasons with no ring to add, and Fitch was gone!
    i see your point, but riley seems to be a believer in Spo. ignoring all the "fire spo" chants and firespo.com during the evil empires inaugural year. i think the championship or bust luster is wearing off on this team and there wont be as much pressure on spo in the coming years.