Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 343

Thread: Saints Defense

  1. #106
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,255
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    Its funny that we said this, but most of Hicks' snaps have come in relief of Broderick Bunkley instead of Sedrick Ellis
    Spags said on Monday that he wants to get Hicks more snaps.
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    WHO DAT NATION
    Posts
    6,150
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    Lol, keep wishing. You'll win the Powerball first!
    But don't say I didnt tell yall we need to stop the run and contain the pass and the 4-4 would do it.

    But now we are last against the Run and 26th against the pass, but I'm still hoping for improvement.

    I kind of get the feeling that Vilma would fit in Spags system like a champ because he is so cerebral in his play reading ability.

    Thinking Lofton and Vilma would make a nice duo out there.

    Its just so annoying that my 4-4 would solve all this, but Spags wont return my calls to take my advice

    Start Gallette and Jordan at DE Slide Will Smith inside with Bunk

    Start Harper Casillas Lofton Martez at LB

    I bet those edge runs success would decrease on us and that we could get to the QB faster more creatively and have the flexibility to create more effective Zone blitzes.

    Those lineman can't man handle our Defense if they are too slippery and fast to get their hands on them. And that little chopping at knees those lineman love doing on those edge runs we'd have the athleticsm out there to just jump over them foolz!
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Orleans, LA.
    Posts
    4,495
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    But don't say I didnt tell yall we need to stop the run and contain the pass and the 4-4 would do it.

    But now we are last against the Run and 26th against the pass, but I'm still hoping for improvement.

    I kind of get the feeling that Vilma would fit in Spags system like a champ because he is so cerebral in his play reading ability.

    Thinking Lofton and Vilma would make a nice duo out there.

    Its just so annoying that my 4-4 would solve all this, but Spags wont return my calls to take my advice

    Start Gallette and Jordan at DE Slide Will Smith inside with Bunk

    Start Harper Casillas Lofton Martez at LB

    I bet those edge runs success would decrease on us and that we could get to the QB faster more creatively and have the flexibility to create more effective Zone blitzes.

    Those lineman can't man handle our Defense if they are too slippery and fast to get their hands on them. And that little chopping at knees those lineman love doing on those edge runs we'd have the athleticsm out there to just jump over them foolz!
    Bruh, I'm not getting into that bullschit of a topic of stopping the run and stopping it with the 4-4 defense! Thats a /pop warner/high school/video game defense, plus the SAINTS haven't stopped the run since the Joe Johnson/LaRoi Glover/Norman Hand/Darren Howard days! Make sense please ansd stop reaching for stuff to support your case! Stopping the run is about the DLine getting off is block! And aginst the run or the pass, our DLine can't get off their blocks for neither.....and thats the DLine Coach fault!
    {You can coachup a player by changing his technique but when the bullets starts firing, he'll go back to his old habits!]


    If you've been watching football with a comprehending type of football mind, you'll notice that everyone have been TEEING-OFF on those Option Read QB's with only their Front 4, having their DE going directly to the QB and POPPING his azz rather he pitches the ball or not, which in result is causing for wear & tear on those QBs and also causing fumbles!
    The BOTTOM LINE is our defense is slow, and we have NO athletic play makers on the defensive side of the ball, which is delaying our reaction to the ball for tackling and making plays when the ball is in the air for ints!
    FINALLY
    Your 4-4 defense needs speedy playmakers in its personnel to be successful, which the SAINTS clearly doesn't have! So, I ask you why are you still beating that drum bcuz its very obvious you don't know to much about the 4-4 defense by forcing it on the SAINTS when we don't have the personnel. Plus again I'll say. the QB play is much better in the NFL than it is in college on down to Pop-Warner, so that 4-4 defense would get shreaded in the NFL with great QB play and Spread WR's sets! #QuickOuts #BubbleScreens #Slants #Fades #Picks

    LMAO....Here you trying to stop the run, and people are passing the football! Plus, you're only putting 3 guys in the secondary? #StopIt

    On your Harper/Casillas/Wilson at LBer theory:
    Those guys are too light in their azz to play LBer, which will open up the running game more bcuz they'll get BLOWN OFF the ball by a 6'6 320lbs OLinemen! Go look at KC's long runs with J Charles, see who's on the field buddy. Wilson gave a half-azz effort and Casillas won't even be a SAINT next yr, he's a joke! #StaysInjuried when he's only hurt!

    -Will Smith: lacks strenght and can't get off his blocks
    -Wilson: is lost/clueless on the field and is a 1-trick pony
    -Casillas: can't be counted on staying hurt, shy's away from contact
    -Gallette: lacks strenght and IQ
    -Harper: @ only 200lbs lacks size, strenght and arm lenght to play LBer
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 09-27-2012 at 09:26 AM.
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!


    From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

    http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

    Time Will Tell My Accuracy's
    _______________
    99.9%

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    308
    vCash
    1500
    Regardless, it scares me that we knew we were struggling against the run and that KC runs more than anyone not in Houston, and we still got steamrolled on the ground. We take horrible angles, we cant get off blocks, we cant tackle when we do. We just have mediocre talent on defense that is adjusting to a new scheme. We will get better, just not sure how much better.

    2012 Stats
    63 Tackles, 3 INTs, 18 PDs, 1 Sack, 1 FF, 1 TD

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,037
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    Go look at KC's long runs with J Charles, see who's on the field buddy. Wilson gave a half-azz effort
    Not that I'm making excuses for our piss poor run defense, but KC did get away with a terrible noncall on that run. A blatent hold on Martez was the biggest reason for the 91 yard run. Tez needs to learn to knee those jokers in the nuts if they keep holding him... They'll stop.


    -Will Smith: lacks strenght and can't get off his blocks
    -Wilson: is lost/clueless on the field and is a 1-trick pony
    -Casillas: can't be counted on staying hurt, shy's away from contact
    -Gallette: lacks strenght and IQ
    -Harper: @ only 200lbs lacks size, strenght and arm lenght to play LBer
    So you're saying you like our defense....?
    !WhoDat!

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    242
    vCash
    1500
    Whatever...Our Defense sucks this year and every year from the past...((Exception when we won the Super Bowl) I missed Darren Sharper. And others that made interceptions for us that year. Now you want to talk about Defense those boys back than put the WHO DAT into WHO DAT!!!

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Orleans, LA.
    Posts
    4,495
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
    Not that I'm making excuses for our piss poor run defense, but KC did get away with a terrible noncall on that run. A blatent hold on Martez was the biggest reason for the 91 yard run. Tez needs to learn to knee those jokers in the nuts if they keep holding him... They'll stop.

    Everybody hold on offense & defense. Its about what are you going to do to stop them from holding you! #NoHeartNoGlory




    So you're saying you like our defense....?
    No! I don't like the defense but I do know that its not what you guys are saying is the problem!
    -Whats your strenght & conditionings coach name?
    -Whats your DLine coach name?
    -What roll does your team coaching staff has right now?
    -Whats the SAINTS philosophy offensively and defensively?
    -What collegiate region/conference does the SAINTS Play makers come from?
    -What atheletes are starting? and can start? being coached up to start?



    This is Sean Payton's team, and "NO" changes will be done until he gets back next season!
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!


    From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

    http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

    Time Will Tell My Accuracy's
    _______________
    99.9%

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    WHO DAT NATION
    Posts
    6,150
    vCash
    1500
    Big B is gonna love this even more than the FO FO Defense....

    If the run game doesnt get better we may want to go more extreme that the 4-4 and go 5 to 6 D Lineman most of the game..

    5-3-3 and 6-2-3 Defenses will slow those runs down
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    WHO DAT NATION
    Posts
    6,150
    vCash
    1500
    Big B thinks he knows alot, but BO KNOWS FOOTBALL and I know more than BO!

    Old Skool
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Orleans, LA.
    Posts
    4,495
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    Big B is gonna love this even more than the FO FO Defense....

    If the run game doesnt get better we may want to go more extreme that the 4-4 and go 5 to 6 D Lineman most of the game..

    5-3-3 and 6-2-3 Defenses will slow those runs down
    Lol, dude you are a hot mess! #MyDawg
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!


    From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

    http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

    Time Will Tell My Accuracy's
    _______________
    99.9%

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    WHO DAT NATION
    Posts
    6,150
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    Lol, dude you are a hot mess! #MyDawg
    Announcer:

    Its 3rd and 10 and the Saints are in a Goal line formation............. WTF!?

    Seriously though you know I like our chances better with the personnel I mentioned to speed up the D out of a 4-4.

    But in reality I don't know if the Defense is gonna come together and even if it does maybe we're too far behind by then and thats just so unfortunate.

    Because I really really feel this team is way underachieving and should be the best in the league right now.

    But the optimism in me says maybe we roll off 10 or 12 straight W's behind Spags D and the Run game
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Orleans, LA.
    Posts
    4,495
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    Announcer:

    Its 3rd and 10 and the Saints are in a Goal line formation............. WTF!?

    Seriously though you know I like our chances better with the personnel I mentioned to speed up the D out of a 4-4.

    But in reality I don't know if the Defense is gonna come together and even if it does maybe we're too far behind by then and thats just so unfortunate.

    Because I really really feel this team is way underachieving and should be the best in the league right now.

    But the optimism in me says maybe we roll off 10 or 12 straight W's behind Spags D and the Run game
    I hoping too!
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!


    From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

    http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

    Time Will Tell My Accuracy's
    _______________
    99.9%

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9,351
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    Big B is gonna love this even more than the FO FO Defense....

    If the run game doesnt get better we may want to go more extreme that the 4-4 and go 5 to 6 D Lineman most of the game..

    5-3-3 and 6-2-3 Defenses will slow those runs down
    there are...no words...


    Cameron Jordan is awesome

    12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    WHO DAT NATION
    Posts
    6,150
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    there are...no words...
    Lol I know Spags has to be like whats wrong with these dudes. Its the players fault not his imo!

    Tho OBVIOUSLY I feel we need to play more LBs and play a lighter faster personnel group.

    In reality these guys just aren't executing Spags system
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    308
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    Lol I know Spags has to be like whats wrong with these dudes. Its the players fault not his imo!

    Tho OBVIOUSLY I feel we need to play better LBs and play a lighter faster personnel group.

    In reality these guys just aren't executing Spags system

    Fixed it for you.

    It's just a bad situation that was hurt by injuries, hopefully Hawthorne can come back healthy. Lofton is the only LB we are playing right now that would be starting on another team. Everyone else would be rotational guys or ST.

    2012 Stats
    63 Tackles, 3 INTs, 18 PDs, 1 Sack, 1 FF, 1 TD

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •