Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Saints Defense

vCash
    my moneys on big sed... but if your going to say something like this put your name on it *******. i dont care who it is, this team need unity more then ever. not some prick calling out some coaches behind "sources".

spagnola hasent been perfect but the Defense had flashes of putting it together. Spags should not be fired and whoever said this probably knows he wont be back or is on the bubble

vCash
    Its probably someone who was upset about playing time or something
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan33 View Post
    Its probably someone who was upset about playing time or something
    Seems likely to me. But really the elephant in the room is whether what was said is the truth. If it is that's a real problem.

FTW! Hire GW back

I go too far sometimes
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Last I've checked, Spags and Sean Payton are alike in holding guys accountable w/ a very direct quite of " Do Your Job"! Guys on defense have been used of voicing their opinion/input on the game under GW but yet still had one of the leagues worst defense! IMO I think Sean Payton is tired of his overly paid defensive vets and want a defensive coach that TELLS his players what to do, rather than sit back and wait for feedback from his players! Booting line with this personnel of defenders, the Saint defense haven't been schit for years and the only deference is Darren Sharper saved our azz in 2009! It's time for.....
    Out with the old and in with the new!

The young players that are drafted will except being TOLD what to do, along with except his coaches tone of voice, just to play on a NFLs defense and WIN for the Black & Gold!

-If I'm coaching this defense, I'm just like Spags, ill take feedback from Vilma and Lofton but as far as the rest of the guys, my attitude would be the same as Spags. Saying y'all sucked for years, just do your job or ill get someone in here that will!
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akay47 View Post
    Jeff Duncan is great, but so is Mike Triplett. No joke, we are blessed with 2 great writers in Duncan & Trip. Trip suggests a 3-4 change in this article, says it would suit Cam Jordan, Martez Wilson and Junior Galette alot. I wouldn't mind it, but then we'd have to let Spags go. I don't think they're ready for that.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...o_let_sea.html

In Duncan's article that I posted earlier, he said that losing to Carolina was a blessing in disguise because the coaches/management/ownership needs to realize that radical changes need to come to this D, it's getting ridiculous. If Drew isn't a superstar, we aren't winning games. We need that playmaker on D, I've been saying it all year, we need a Clay Matthews, Aldon Smith, Von Miller, DWare. We don't have that guy, that guy the opposing offense is scared to go up against. We had that in Darren Sharper, we don't have that anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by MT3279 View Post
    Ok, I'll bite on the 3-4 conversation. IF (big IF) we do this, then Jenkins from Georgia has to be the pick. There's no other way around this. So far, with our current roster and adding Jenkins this is what our front 7 would look like:

RDE - Hicks
    NT - Jenkins
    LDE - Jordan
    SOLB - Gallette
    ILB - Lofton
    ILB - Hawthorne
    WOLB - Wilson

Gallette played in a 3-4 hybrid in college...he's better suited with his skill set to be able to move around, instead of having a hand planted in the ground.
    I like that lineup, actually

I don't, either, but it's highly plausible, if that's the direction our team went. The real question would be who would we bring in to coach the D? Romeo? A Steeler or Raven assistant coach?
    I like. I really like. If we do go 3-4, I would assume Bunkley and Ellis are 100% gone, we'd have no use for those guys in a 3-4. I'd say bring back Aubrayo Franklin or look into Jay Ratliff if he's let go. I'd love Jenkins out of Georgia but I'd also love Dion Jordan in the 3-4. 3-4 would also mean bye bye Spags
    We gotta get out of the mindset that we are going to sign anyone in FA, especially the caliber of player of Ratliff. It will not happen. The 3-4 doesn't work without a quality NT (unless you are running a Phillips 3-4, which is really a 5-2). While I do like Jordan (I really do, I understand your crush on him, Akay), we can get a decent pass rusher in the 3rd round before we can get a great NT. Chase Thomas or Sean Porter would be targets, as of now, if we were going to a full change and wanted pass rushers.
    Ok, in a purely hypothetical sense (because I think firing Spags would be an extreme move that will not happen), I actually would be all in with the change to a 3-4. We've got a lot of pieces versatile enough to fit. As for the coach, it would be Romeo Crennel, no question in my mind. The first round pick would almost certainly have to be a NT, as MT suggests. Either Jenkins from Georgia or potentially Jonathan Hankins from Ohio State.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    This and or we could ...............
    Don't you start

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    Last I've checked, Spags and Sean Payton are alike in holding guys accountable w/ a very direct quite of " Do Your Job"! Guys on defense have been used of voicing their opinion/input on the game under GW but yet still had one of the leagues worst defense! IMO I think Sean Payton is tired of his overly paid defensive vets and want a defensive coach that TELLS his players what to do, rather than sit back and wait for feedback from his players! Booting line with this personnel of defenders, the Saint defense haven't been schit for years and the only deference is Darren Sharper saved our azz in 2009! It's time for.....
    Out with the old and in with the new!

The young players that are drafted will except being TOLD what to do, along with except his coaches tone of voice, just to play on a NFLs defense and WIN for the Black & Gold!

-If I'm coaching this defense, I'm just like Spags, ill take feedback from Vilma and Lofton but as far as the rest of the guys, my attitude would be the same as Spags. Saying y'all sucked for years, just do your job or ill get someone in here that will!
    I would tend to agree

vCash
    Yeah, if we can't re-sign Bushrod, then yeah 100% I wouldn't be surprised if we go OT in the 1st. Is the draft deeper in DEs or OTs?
    Its deeper at the top in DE's for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    Its deeper at the top in DE's for sure.
    Especially now, if Matthews is going back to school.

I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

vCash
    Payton picked Spags, and he will not let him get fired before they can even coach in a game together. Spags is staying, and I think he should.

vCash
    Especially now, if Matthews is going back to school.
    Yeah. That makes Taylor Lewan the consensus #2 Tackle. No way would I want to take Eric Fisher at #15, so thats not good

vCash
    Yeah. That makes Taylor Lewan the consensus #2 Tackle. No way would I want to take Eric Fisher at #15, so thats not good
    Wouldn't shock me if Fisher is taken before 15, honestly. Miami might be his landing spot.

vCash
    Wouldn't shock me if Fisher is taken before 15, honestly. Miami might be his landing spot.
    I'd want to see him in the Senior Bowl practices before I even think about taking him that early. He's almost a perfect physical specimen for the position, but he might as well have been playing against me and you every week. Awful competition

vCash
    I'd want to see him in the Senior Bowl practices before I even think about taking him that early. He's almost a perfect physical specimen for the position, but he might as well have been playing against me and you every week. Awful competition
    He wouldn't be picked at all if he faced one of us! My hand tech is superb!

vCash
    I got that swim move working.

vCash
    He wouldn't be picked at all if he faced one of us! My hand tech is superb!
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    I got that swim move working.
    If all 32 PSD Forums put together a Football team of posters, I'm certain we'd dominate the league. Largely because we'd run my FO FO defense and shut out everybody.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast