Thread: Saints Defense

vCash
    9 TO 5 BABY!
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Dolly Parton!

vCash
    http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...se_column.html

Jeff Duncan with some harsh words for the "Worst Defense in NFL History". Great article, he's a great writer and hits the nail on the head
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

vCash
    They were the worst of all-time. They're not built to run Spags' system. Got to find the right personnel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akay47 View Post

Jeff Duncan with some harsh words for the "Worst Defense in NFL History". Great article, he's a great writer and hits the nail on the head
    ^this

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    They were the worst of all-time. They're not built to run Spags' system. Got to find the right personnel.
    with what money though?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akay47 View Post

thanks for posting
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    That's a good article. As I have said time and time again not one person on defense should feel secure in there job. There are some guys with some talent on defense, but it doesn't explain the horrendous defense. Spags should be given another year to turn this around, because of the lack of talent that is on this team. Spags has to also understand that his job is on the line and if the Saints give up alot of yards and points in the first few games then he will be replaced during the season. Every team gives up points and yards that is the part of the game, but not at the rate that the Saints do.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bf/Odb_welfare.jpg

vCash
    I could type a lot but I won't I like Spags scheme its very ideal and almost to a place of being unrealistic in some parts that obviously if you can rush 4 and use the rest for other things you'd be that much better off. But I see the guy trying different looks and coverages and that I can respect for at least another season a few games in.

But if it doesn't work then we should change quick or else try to dig out of another hole.

Year after year its the same song If we can get a defense we will be very very hard to beat I think we all know that and simply put we just need to approach it that way this offseason its not that difficult to see that.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Jeff Duncan is great, but so is Mike Triplett. No joke, we are blessed with 2 great writers in Duncan & Trip. Trip suggests a 3-4 change in this article, says it would suit Cam Jordan, Martez Wilson and Junior Galette alot. I wouldn't mind it, but then we'd have to let Spags go. I don't think they're ready for that.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...o_let_sea.html

In Duncan's article that I posted earlier, he said that losing to Carolina was a blessing in disguise because the coaches/management/ownership needs to realize that radical changes need to come to this D, it's getting ridiculous. If Drew isn't a superstar, we aren't winning games. We need that playmaker on D, I've been saying it all year, we need a Clay Matthews, Aldon Smith, Von Miller, DWare. We don't have that guy, that guy the opposing offense is scared to go up against. We had that in Darren Sharper, we don't have that anymore.
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

vCash
    Ok, I'll bite on the 3-4 conversation. IF (big IF) we do this, then Jenkins from Georgia has to be the pick. There's no other way around this. So far, with our current roster and adding Jenkins this is what our front 7 would look like:

RDE - Hicks
    NT - Jenkins
    LDE - Jordan
    SOLB - Gallette
    ILB - Lofton
    ILB - Hawthorne
    WOLB - Wilson

Gallette played in a 3-4 hybrid in college...he's better suited with his skill set to be able to move around, instead of having a hand planted in the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MT3279:24925443
    Ok, I'll bite on the 3-4 conversation. IF (big IF) we do this, then Jenkins from Georgia has to be the pick. There's no other way around this. So far, with our current roster and adding Jenkins this is what our front 7 would look like:

RDE - Hicks
    NT - Jenkins
    LDE - Jordan
    SOLB - Gallette
    ILB - Lofton
    ILB - Hawthorne
    WOLB - Wilson

Gallette played in a 3-4 hybrid in college...he's better suited with his skill set to be able to move around, instead of having a hand planted in the ground.
    This and or we could ...............
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    I don't see a 3-4 in the Saints' future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    I don't see a 3-4 in the Saints' future.
    I don't, either, but it's highly plausible, if that's the direction our team went. The real question would be who would we bring in to coach the D? Romeo? A Steeler or Raven assistant coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MT3279 View Post

RDE - Hicks
    NT - Jenkins
    LDE - Jordan
    SOLB - Gallette
    ILB - Lofton
    ILB - Hawthorne
    WOLB - Wilson

I like. I really like. If we do go 3-4, I would assume Bunkley and Ellis are 100% gone, we'd have no use for those guys in a 3-4. I'd say bring back Aubrayo Franklin or look into Jay Ratliff if he's let go. I'd love Jenkins out of Georgia but I'd also love Dion Jordan in the 3-4. 3-4 would also mean bye bye Spags
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast