Thread: Saints Defense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED:24286404
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    BU was agreeing with you man moreso than supporting anything Im saying
    Phuc'em, He wants my beneficiaries!
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Lol. Ya'll are insane. But thats why I stick around. People who actually know their stuff is hard to come by now days. Especially since I'm stuck in Nashville with Titans fans. And I read everything beforehand BB, I was just putting some input in. Isn't that the point of a forum? If anything, like Under said, I was agreeing with you. ANYWAY...back to talk about the defense...

I thought our linebacker play has been really stepping up, and that real goes to a bunch of guys coming back from injury. They do get beat, and it seems the middle of the field tends to be a big problem as far as coverage goes, but they played great run support and did just enough in coverage to keep the ATL offense off balance. In all honesty, with more pressure from the front four and more experience and skill in the secondary, we can be a good defense. Not dome patrol good, but pretty good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BUSaints23 View Post
    Lol. Ya'll are insane. But thats why I stick around. People who actually know their stuff is hard to come by now days. Especially since I'm stuck in Nashville with Titans fans. And I read everything beforehand BB, I was just putting some input in. Isn't that the point of a forum? If anything, like Under said, I was agreeing with you. ANYWAY...back to talk about the defense...

I thought our linebacker play has been really stepping up, and that real goes to a bunch of guys coming back from injury. They do get beat, and it seems the middle of the field tends to be a big problem as far as coverage goes, but they played great run support and did just enough in coverage to keep the ATL offense off balance. In all honesty, with more pressure from the front four and more experience and skill in the secondary, we can be a good defense. Not dome patrol good, but pretty good.
    Yes we crazy , aren't families crazy or have certain members that are krazy? Yep, we are the ones everybody hates to invite to the reunion! You included

We all walk in Dat reunion saying:
    Alright alright alriiiiiiiiiight! Yeaaah! You gon learn today...

http://youtu.be/xune1gqWd8A

#WeFam
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 11-12-2012 at 09:19 AM.
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    I think Spags next season will field a defense that from the start is top15 at the least and it will not surprise me if we don't look for a DB and a LB in the draft.

The front four are collapsing the pocket and the entire D is benefitting.

I also really like Quudos when we play that big nickel I like our defensive personnel.

I see Vilma maybe not making the tackle but his IQ of the game he is standing where guys wanna run turning them back into tacklers. Our run D was great!

Our redzone Defense was the MVP of the game. 6 times the Falcons had the ball in the redzone if not for that D holding them to 50% scoring we would've lost for sure.

Hawthorne came back and made some plays and young Martez with his pure athleticsm got a Sack.

Cam Jordan has arrived bottom line.

Its like I said few weeks ago we cant get beat by pass and run and we gave up 400 + pass yards but we didnt give **** on the ground couple that with the running balance which I also said in offseason the strength of this offense is those RBs. We keep this up we will be playoff ready to beat anyone in any weather stout run Defense and a good run game is a formula to win the Superbowl ask the Giants ask the Steelers.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    Yes we crazy , aren't families crazy or have certain members that are krazy? Yep, we are the ones everybody hates to invite to the reunion! You included

We all walk in Dat reunion saying:
    Alright alright alriiiiiiiiiight! Yeaaah! You gon learn today...

http://youtu.be/xune1gqWd8A

#WeFam
    Say it with ya chest!!

And I agree with you Under as far as the draft. But I also think we'll look at DT. I like Sed and Bunkley, but if they don't pick it some more I think Spags will look to DT as well, especially since our DE are playing at a much better level.
    Last edited by BUSaints23; 11-12-2012 at 09:30 AM.

vCash
    Defense looks much more solid is it Hawthorne and Vilma coming back? I cant put a finger on it but somethings clicking now???

Anybody see what the differences are now and before?

Or is it the guys are settling in to Spags system?

I think it is the return of Vilma and Hawthorne the LBs strengthened our core.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Shanle disappears and good things happen. This isn't an elite defense by no means, but it's noticeably better.

vCash
    I can't contain it I just wish we would play 4 LBs I feel like Martez Wilson could be our very own Bruce Irvin (who I wanted in the draft) or our own little version of Aldon Smith

Oh well

But I tell you this and it may sound stupid to some of you maybe all of you but if we draft a DE or a LB I want him to be ripped like Ryan Kerrigan or Bruce Irvin or Aldon Smith and I'll just leave it at that. Who Dat!
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    I can't contain it I just wish we would play 4 LBs I feel like Martez Wilson could be our very own Bruce Irvin (who I wanted in the draft) or our own little version of Aldon Smith

Oh well

But I tell you this and it may sound stupid to some of you maybe all of you but if we draft a DE or a LB I want him to be ripped like Ryan Kerrigan or Bruce Irvin or Aldon Smith and I'll just leave it at that. Who Dat!
    LOL, I knew it would only be a matter of time

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post

Can we start popping him on the hand, yet?

I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post

I mean why does Aldon Smith Bruce Irvin DeMarcus Ware etc get to have all the fun Martez Wilson could do that same role couldnt he???

Oh well Defense looks very serviceable and I'm happy with these guys.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Anybody else notice that Howthorne is always a tick behind, gets himself out of position a lot and whiffs on tons of tackles? I would rather Shanle over Hawthorne.. he hasn't proved anything as far as I'm concerned.
    !WhoDat!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
    Anybody else notice that Howthorne is always a tick behind, gets himself out of position a lot and whiffs on tons of tackles? I would rather Shanle over Hawthorne.. he hasn't proved anything as far as I'm concerned.
    You'd rather Shanle? Aahh hell no, dats !
    Go shoot yourself and pour some Jack Danials in the bullet womb!
    Wait...let me
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    Our D has looked great of late, maybe if was making an adjustment from Gregg Williams to Spagnuolo's D. It just sucks that Drew's been off his game the past 2 games, or else those are easy Ws. Beginning of the year it was Drew putting the team on his back and D not helping out, now it's the opposite, maybe he's feeling fatigue, I don't know.

But after seeing the D and seeing their potential, remember Spags will get another off-season of signings guys HE likes and guys HE likes in the draft; I think we go OT first round. It obviously depends on if we get that 2nd rounder but I think OT is now a much bigger need than DE. Bushrod isn't staying, he's going to be a UFA, so we definitely need to find a LT.
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

vCash
    I always advocated being patient with Spags. Draft a stud DT or DE and let the defense continue to improve.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast