Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints Defense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    Not to be a sky is falling kind of person, but I think that when Sean gets back, he'll have seen that its time for a complete defensive overhaul. Time to go get a lot of bodies and get some real competition at spots.
    When you think about it, at least at the linebacker position we did exactly that this offseason. We brought in 3 starting caliber linebackers on top of our existing guys. I remember I was excited to see them all in action. Of course injuries have hit us hard there, but I think next offseason we will have a very good LB competition.

Would love to see more competition in our secondary. Nobody back there should be given the starting job next year without some real competition.

2012 Stats
    63 Tackles, 3 INTs, 18 PDs, 1 Sack, 1 FF, 1 TD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay33 View Post
    Wtf happen? I been gon for a few and i come back to this crap. Dude no need to leave. All saints fans opinions are welcome here. An please, please if you do leave. Don't let it be because of that "dick" who think he's the king of football. Trust me he doesn't know as much as he thinks he does (remember the whole JPP thing). The guy has some serious social issues. Like one of the worst personality I have ever experienced. But don't let that run you off. I have seen you time and time again in the main forum defending the saints. Like many other saints fans. That counts for a lot with me. But I have never, ever seen that dude in there he only likes to talk down to saints fans. I'm one of the people on here who has no problem telling him to stfu. When he starts talking to people they way he likes to do. An I would have, had I not been gone.

I would hate see you leave because of him of all people. An saying we should run 4-4 is a hell of a lot smarter than when he said JPP wouldn't help us, which was all-time stupid. So just keep that in mind an consider the source.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
    When you think about it, at least at the linebacker position we did exactly that this offseason. We brought in 3 starting caliber linebackers on top of our existing guys. I remember I was excited to see them all in action. Of course injuries have hit us hard there, but I think next offseason we will have a very good LB competition.

Would love to see more competition in our secondary. Nobody back there should be given the starting job next year without some real competition.
    Yeah, I think Spags is going to stump for more talent at D-Line, we're going to at least double-dip there in the draft for sure. Could see some DB's coming in for sure. Safety is an issue for sure, and CB might need attention, but I wouldn't call it priority.

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersSaintsLSU View Post
    this is just getting silly

vCash
    thats what she said
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    I didn't know until this morning that the Cheifs only held 1 lead this entire season and that was against us when they hit the game winning FG. That is a really bad team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    I didn't know until this morning that the Cheifs only held 1 lead this entire season and that was against us when they hit the game winning FG. That is a really bad team.
    yeah, that was pretty horrendous

vCash
    I see you took notes from her, looking for sympathy saying I'm leaving the site(just like her saying Im going to kill myself if you leave me) #BeotchMove Rotflmao @ you and your 3 friends, which one of them supporting that FO FO.
    Bottom line, the FO FO won't be implemented in the NFL and sympathy & emotional drama shows strength (lack there of).

Cry Me A River "Im leaving! I'm leaving! :cry:

Man up, Be a Man

Now, what's between you and I is genuine friendship damn near family which I actually consider you and others on here my brother. You know it just like the other guys on here that I've expressed a Bond with(we check in on each others personal life's, you know the Pack). We are a family here, those other clowns that will remain name less are not in our click, even though interaction with them is limited from me.
    This whole thing is very femalish. Like women that fuss over made up nonfactual events, this schit is over a made up idea to spark a conversation(per you) that escalated into you running, not feeling loved/respected on the site(which is a lie bcuz we ALL gave up props for your passion), Which you gave to cheerleaders a door to come in and cheer !

You leave this site over a bullschit topic made up by u again, and I'll hunt u down personally and kick your phuckin azz! And that's a promise.....
    We FAMILY and you let nothing come in between our Friendship, even that bullschit FO FO defense! I should kick your azz for trying out another site, but hey, glad you're back! Do it again though....... I dare you

..... Come to think of it
    That other site probrably ran your azz off talking that FO FO crap!

Love ya dawg, Thunder Buddies 4 life!

#LeaveAgain
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 11-02-2012 at 12:18 PM.
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    Wow......I guess we really do need more mental health agencies. lol
    Last edited by jayjay33; 11-02-2012 at 04:05 PM.

vCash
    Fo Fo aside tho I just think Linebackers are the heart of Defenses these days all the good defenses have good LBs.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    OK so lets talk about it BB and others. Everyone should wanna get in on this.

Anybody heard the Song Rack City **** man it was Sack City last night.

Eagles Oline sucks I know but they are still a pro team and they are still an opponent that was trying to kick our @zz.

But was the blitz misleading us. It worked well but as Sapp would say we definitely should've trampled the run on the way to the QB and THAT we did not do.

#Missed Tackles

Do we feel now that Spag's just rush front 4 Defense is not built for this team and maybe we agree a bit more with GWs more aggressive style of Defense?

Or was the Eagles Oline misleading

Either way I liked Spags decision to adjust to the opponent Oline sucks blitz O line doesnt suck play coverage and maybe thats the smartest way to go. Play the opponent and not a blanket scheme.

One other thing I'd like to toss out here for discussion is our Red Zone defense once again I think we see a pattern here. Stopping a team from scoring in the red zone is not a given task just cause the field is shortened. Some team defenses suck in the red zone and ours definitely does not.

Theres a reason for that and its something to build on and it isnt just cause the field is shorter. In this difference in the way these guys react when the field is open and when its shorter is the key to improving our total Defense.

I think I really think its a mental thing with these guys they know the field is short so they react quicker faster to the ball and with more confidence and conviction.

I can be confusing I'll put it this way.

Spags needs to create the same sense of confidence these guys feel when they are in the redzone when they are at the oppnents 30 with 70 yards behind them.

Guys need to play like they are in the redzone at all times even when there's 70 yards behind them is called confidence not just knowing that the out of bounds is there its confidence in what the D is doing in front of them.

The same conviction on pushin a guy out of bounds in the endzone should be the same aggressiveness brought on a jam at the line.

The same way we make solid wrap up tackles in the redzone is the same way we need to tackle when we are not in the redzone.

Check the film guys I see Interior Dline guys tackling RBs in the back field in the redzone I rarely see that in the open field now why is that? Same with our DBs/CBs those gus all bring the wood in the redzone.

They like that feeling of knowing the out of bounds is back there to protect them.

That same feeling can be achieved in the open field by the Safetys doing their jobs and guys just playing with confidence commiting to the tackle the jam the assigned coverage and trusting that not just the out of bounds has their back but the other players.

QB cant throw 30 yard bombs If the pressure is turned up, if the WR is stuck at the line too long.

RB cant break 30 yard runs If the tacklers are wrapping guys up the first time, if the LBs are trusting their instincts and reading plays.

Best defensive performance all season result of Phillys sorry Oline? or result of more agressive play calling and play making?

Its a good question for each Saint defender and Defensive Coach to decide an answer on and believe in it with confidence from here on out.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    I think one of our major problems is the nickel corner position. When we lost Tracy Porter, we thought Johnny Patrick or Corey White would suffice as a #3 CB. Good Lord were we ever off, Corey White has given up the most yardage as a nickel corner in the NFL, I read that somewhere on ProFootball Focus. And wtf happened to Johnny Patrick?
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akay47 View Post
    I think one of our major problems is the nickel corner position. When we lost Tracy Porter, we thought Johnny Patrick or Corey White would suffice as a #3 CB. Good Lord were we ever off, Corey White has given up the most yardage as a nickel corner in the NFL, I read that somewhere on ProFootball Focus. And wtf happened to Johnny Patrick?
    injuries. Hasn't had a lot of practice time or play time

vCash
    by the way, here's an awesome fact: During the Monday Night victory against the Eagles, Cameron Jordan became the youngest NFL player to ever record 3 sacks in a single game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akay47 View Post
    times have not been good for White. He's also the worst nickel corner in the league in YAC, TD's given up, and QB rating against

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast