Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 343

Thread: Saints Defense

  1. #301
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,989
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by akay47 View Post
    I like. I really like. If we do go 3-4, I would assume Bunkley and Ellis are 100% gone, we'd have no use for those guys in a 3-4. I'd say bring back Aubrayo Franklin or look into Jay Ratliff if he's let go. I'd love Jenkins out of Georgia but I'd also love Dion Jordan in the 3-4. 3-4 would also mean bye bye Spags
    We gotta get out of the mindset that we are going to sign anyone in FA, especially the caliber of player of Ratliff. It will not happen. The 3-4 doesn't work without a quality NT (unless you are running a Phillips 3-4, which is really a 5-2). While I do like Jordan (I really do, I understand your crush on him, Akay), we can get a decent pass rusher in the 3rd round before we can get a great NT. Chase Thomas or Sean Porter would be targets, as of now, if we were going to a full change and wanted pass rushers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,139
    vCash
    1500
    Its an interesting idea, but I can't see us making that drastic of a change after just one year with Spags. The problem isn't scheme, its a complete lack of talent at every level of the defense.
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,640
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MT3279 View Post
    We gotta get out of the mindset that we are going to sign anyone in FA, especially the caliber of player of Ratliff. It will not happen. The 3-4 doesn't work without a quality NT (unless you are running a Phillips 3-4, which is really a 5-2). While I do like Jordan (I really do, I understand your crush on him, Akay), we can get a decent pass rusher in the 3rd round before we can get a great NT. Chase Thomas or Sean Porter would be targets, as of now, if we were going to a full change and wanted pass rushers.
    Hahaha I know but we were just hypothetically speaking (CAN'T A MAN DREAM??) hahaha. But Loomis did pull off some crazy UFA signings when none of us thought he would (Grubbs, Hawthorne, Bunkley and Lofton). Either way, this shift to 3-4 is very unlikely, they will probably give Spags another year and draft the best defensive player, straight up. We have needs everywhere except for LB. My rankings would go: DE, DT, CB, S.
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils


    THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,989
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by akay47 View Post
    Hahaha I know but we were just hypothetically speaking (CAN'T A MAN DREAM??) hahaha. But Loomis did pull off some crazy UFA signings when none of us thought he would (Grubbs, Hawthorne, Bunkley and Lofton). Either way, this shift to 3-4 is very unlikely, they will probably give Spags another year and draft the best defensive player, straight up. We have needs everywhere except for LB. My rankings would go: DE, DT, CB, S.
    Because of said Cap problems (let's be honest, Loomis robbed Peter to pay Paul last year) we won't be able to re-sign Bushrod (especially if Brees won't take an extension). Tackle will be a serious issue and if we can't work a deal with Jermon (he's not going to give us another discount), then we are going to have to draft one.

    Trust me, I want to draft all D, I really do...but we are ****ed if we don't get some O-line help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,640
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah, if we can't re-sign Bushrod, then yeah 100% I wouldn't be surprised if we go OT in the 1st. Is the draft deeper in DEs or OTs?
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils


    THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    WHO DAT NATION
    Posts
    6,115
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MT3279:24932658
    Quote Originally Posted by akay47 View Post
    Hahaha I know but we were just hypothetically speaking (CAN'T A MAN DREAM??) hahaha. But Loomis did pull off some crazy UFA signings when none of us thought he would (Grubbs, Hawthorne, Bunkley and Lofton). Either way, this shift to 3-4 is very unlikely, they will probably give Spags another year and draft the best defensive player, straight up. We have needs everywhere except for LB. My rankings would go: DE, DT, CB, S.
    Because of said Cap problems (let's be honest, Loomis robbed Peter to pay Paul last year) we won't be able to re-sign Bushrod (especially if Brees won't take an extension). Tackle will be a serious issue and if we can't work a deal with Jermon (he's not going to give us another discount), then we are going to have to draft one.

    Trust me, I want to draft all D, I really do...but we are ****ed if we don't get some O-line help.
    And poor lil Jimmy Graham is just waiting on a better contract Im sure. Even with the drops he is one of the better TEs in the NFL.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,989
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by akay47 View Post
    Yeah, if we can't re-sign Bushrod, then yeah 100% I wouldn't be surprised if we go OT in the 1st. Is the draft deeper in DEs or OTs?
    To be honest, both positions are REALLY deep. There are going to be startling tackles and DEs drafted in the 3rd round. I'm more comfortable with our DEs than I am with our Tackles, though (And that's saying a lot, lol). Strief is just awful and Bushrod is mediocre. We need some Tackles to compliment our interior line.

    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    And poor lil Jimmy Graham is just waiting on a better contract Im sure. Even with the drops he is one of the better TEs in the NFL.
    His big issue is going to be that he's going to say he's a WR and not a TE because of how often he splits out. He's going to ask for top WR money.

    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    WHO DAT NATION
    Posts
    6,115
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MT3279:24934040
    Quote Originally Posted by akay47 View Post
    Yeah, if we can't re-sign Bushrod, then yeah 100% I wouldn't be surprised if we go OT in the 1st. Is the draft deeper in DEs or OTs?
    To be honest, both positions are REALLY deep. There are going to be startling tackles and DEs drafted in the 3rd round. I'm more comfortable with our DEs than I am with our Tackles, though (And that's saying a lot, lol). Strief is just awful and Bushrod is mediocre. We need some Tackles to compliment our interior line.

    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    And poor lil Jimmy Graham is just waiting on a better contract Im sure. Even with the drops he is one of the better TEs in the NFL.
    His big issue is going to be that he's going to say he's a WR and not a TE because of how often he splits out. He's going to ask for top WR money.
    If Jimmy asks for top money ruh roh I guess ol mick loomis got a few more backloaded deals in him in 3 to 4 years when all these contracts balloon we will know why if he decides to resign as in quit all of a sudden
    Last edited by Underdogz∞; 01-01-2013 at 07:53 PM.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,139
    vCash
    1500
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eve-spagnuolo/

    wow. this anonymous player absolutely rips spags
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    WHO DAT NATION
    Posts
    6,115
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan33 View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eve-spagnuolo/

    wow. this anonymous player absolutely rips spags
    Payton will handle this I'm sure if the player is off base it will be handled.

    And I think if the player is right Spags will be fired.

    Benson has invested too much money into this team to be that bad on D.

    Change is a good thing sometimes and for certain change is inevitable.

    Losing Spags wouldn't bother me at all keeping him wouldn't either.

    But as a fan would I like to see a totally different defense scheme again sure why not cant be much worse than last season can only go up from dead last.

    FTW! Lets go to a 4-6 or 3-4 or better yet a FO FO
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,640
    vCash
    1500
    I guarantee you this anonymous source is someone who's contract is expiring or is about to get cut. There's no way anyone would say such a thing if they were expected to play for Spags next year. Anyways, it looks like we've officially got a debate on our hands. To fire Spagnuolo or not.
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils


    THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    308
    vCash
    1500
    I'm curious why there hasn't been more criticism of Spags. The wrong personnel excuse can only take you so far, it kind of reminds me of Mike Martz which has a brilliant offensive scheme if he has the personnel but he can't mold his scheme if he doesnt have the personnel to match it. I know we don't have a ton of talent on the defensive side but we are not as bad as we played this season.

    That being said, its very rare you see a coach fired after 1 season and I would imagine Sean Payton would want a year of working with him before the Saints think about going another direction.

    2012 Stats
    63 Tackles, 3 INTs, 18 PDs, 1 Sack, 1 FF, 1 TD

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    WHO DAT NATION
    Posts
    6,115
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by akay47 View Post
    I guarantee you this anonymous source is someone who's contract is expiring or is about to get cut. There's no way anyone would say such a thing if they were expected to play for Spags next year. Anyways, it looks like we've officially got a debate on our hands. To fire Spagnuolo or not.
    I think it was Shanle!
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,640
    vCash
    1500
    Jeff Duncan says that who this anonymous source is, should not be the focus. The focus should be the message given from this source and I agree. Duncan and Triplett seem to have it out for Spagnuolo, I don't know why but I agree, there's an obvious problem, our D doesn't lack THAT much talent...

    @JeffDuncanTP: Re: @LarryHolder's story on Spags: Instead of focusing on the messenger, focus on the message. Some valid, troubling criticisms were levied.

    @JeffDuncanTP: Point is, not every anonymous source has an ax to grind or an agenda. Sometimes their agenda is simply the truth getting revealed.
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils


    THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    WHO DAT NATION
    Posts
    6,115
    vCash
    1500
    Now Vilma says he wants to know who ripped on Spags.

    Coach Payton needs to rip some MEDIA azz we don't need the drama and distractions this offseason already
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •