Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints Defense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan33 View Post
    I think he'll have a few runs, but not too many huge ones. Spags knows what he is doing. I think RGIII is going to have a tough game. Welcome to the NFL
    You've heard Spags likes multiple DEs on D at times well......

Yea this may be a good game to get Wilson in there as a 3rd DE and let him rush and spy RGIII as much as needed.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Glad to hear that our guys are getting better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post

Yea this may be a good game to get Wilson in there as a 3rd DE and let him rush and spy RGIII as much as needed.
    Wouldn't be surprised to see this a good few times. Wilson is athletic enough to chase down Griff if he breaks out. Good choice for the spy

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Hawthorne is about 50/50 from what I'm hearing. Gametime decision from trainers kind of thing

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    We could use him, but only if he can go. No need to rush him.

vCash
    There's no need to SPY a rookie QB that has no WR's and no desire to run the ball himself. The Redskins will play a Time controlled Zone/Chop Blocking Running game that will be countered with Playaction Bootlegs to control the Saints Pass Rush. The Skins will control the clock, keeping Drew Bree's and his offense on the sidelines. Spags should make RGIII a Passing QB for 4qtrs, making him think by reading his defense's coverages. Let Drew and the offense put points on The board, taking away the skins running game. If Drew Brees have to pass a lot, it will open up Jim Haslett Blitzing Defense to pin their ears back and ONLY concentrate on sacking Drew, which will expose our very weak Offensive Tackles on our Oline.

If The Saints focus on Spying RGIII, it will open up the Skins zone blocking running game which will cause for a LONG Day for our New Orleans Saints!

REMEMBER: Our defense is weak against the run on the right side!
    •The Skins will run left setting the tone(bcuz the Saints are weak on the rt side)and then they will play action left but bootleg right bcuz we will over commit on the rt side and it will open up the left side on our defense!
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 09-06-2012 at 10:32 AM.
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    There's no need to SPY a rookie QB that has no WR's and no desire to run the ball himself. The Redskins will play a Time controlled Zone/Chop Blocking Running game that will be countered with Playaction Bootlegs to control the Saints Pass Rush. The Skins will control the clock, keeping Drew Bree's and his offense on the sidelines. Spags should make RGIII a Passing QB for 4qtrs, making him think by reading his defense's coverages. Let Drew and the offense put points on The board, taking away the skins running game. If Drew Brees have to pass a lot, it will open up Jim Haslett Blitzing Defense to pin their ears back and ONLY concentrate on sacking Drew, which will expose our very weak Offensive Tackles on our Oline.

If The Saints focus on Spying RGIII, it will open up the Skins zone blocking running game which will cause for a LONG Day for our New Orleans Saints!

•The Skins will run left setting the tone(bcuz the Saints are weak on the rt side)and then they will play action left but bootleg right bcuz we will over commit on the rt side and it will open up the left side on our defense!
    OOOOH man are we vulnerable to that once the Ends of our Defense get clogged the edge lanes are wide open. Ive seen oo many plays where all 3 of our LBs and the Right DE where all either chop blocked falling down all over the place or sealed inside by blocks while the back slid around the edge.

This is where Jenkins and/or Harper will be in da box waiting to help.

A wider base defense like the 4-4 would be nice but hey what do I know

We will see how it plays out but if the Saints arent gameplanning for RGIII to run when he panicks like most Rookie QBs with wheels would do then shame on them. And notice Im not taking a LB to spy him Im saying we should bring in a 3rd DE along the interior line and spy along the line but we keep our Safteys and LBs free from that to watch for Toss runs and Playaction.

Last edited by Underdogz∞; 09-06-2012 at 01:18 PM.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Martez is a great choice in a game like this because he can rush with speed and also has the ability to drop in coverage and run down a RB or RGIII.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    OOOOH man are we vulnerable to that once the Ends of our Defense get clogged the edge lanes are wide open. Ive seen oo many plays where all 3 of our LBs and the Right DE where all either chop blocked falling down all over the place or sealed inside by blocks while the back slid around the edge.

This is where Jenkins and/or Harper will be in da box waiting to help.

A wider base defense like the 4-4 would be nice but hey what do I know

We will see how it plays out but if the Saints arent gameplanning for RGIII to run when he panicks like most Rookie QBs with wheels would do then shame on them. And notice Im not taking a LB to spy him Im saying we should bring in a 3rd DE along the interior line and spy along the line but we keep our Safteys and LBs free from that to watch for Toss runs and Playaction.
    That's not what I'm talking about and don't start that buffoonery!

#SOS

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"

vCash

If your saying your worried about our running game and your highly underrating our WR's. You have Garcon- you have Moss in the slot- you have Josh Morgan who is VERY underrated and reliable on 3rd downs , you have Desmon Briscoe who had 6 td's last year and 3 tds this pre-season and than you have Hankerson who is big and fast . You also have Fred Davis and you have to worry about RG3 mobility. Thats how I see us this game I dont think you guys have a pass rush and your secondary been way too up and down.Unless im mistaken because no way Alex Smith last year should of done all that .

As for my team....Brees will kills us thats a fact and no doubt Im calling a nice 2 td-1 int-280 yard day game for him . Brees is just in his prime I think WSH loses 20-23 saints by a FG . Hall isnt a good coverage guy you have Mediu Williams who is just football smart and not fast enough to get to the plays . Nobody will check your TE and not to mention you have RB's that can catch which would cause issues. We also are without two of our starting safeties .

Good luck Id be a bit surprise we win but I think NO will win by a more smoother offense and cause more big plays.
    Reed Doughty .......where second chances will ALWAYS HAPPEN. Stay tuned.

vCash
    You're giving the Saints' D too little credit for the 49ers game. The Saints committed 5 turnovers and too often gave the 49ers great field position. They had possessions start at the Saints' 4, 13 and 29. To keep the Saints in the game until the offense finally broke through was impressive. Don't blame the defense for that game.

If Pierre Thomas is hit in any other way than right in the head and knocked out, the Saints at least get a FG on the opening drive. The rest of the game changes as the offense becomes less predictable.

Washington will also see a different defense from what the Saints' threw out last season. Not saying they're going to shutout the 'Skins, but it may be more formidable than you think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jason17 View Post
    If your saying your worried about our running game and your highly underrating our WR's. You have Garcon- you have Moss in the slot- you have Josh Morgan who is VERY underrated and reliable on 3rd downs , you have Desmon Briscoe who had 6 td's last year and 3 tds this pre-season and than you have Hankerson who is big and fast . You also have Fred Davis and you have to worry about RG3 mobility. Thats how I see us this game I dont think you guys have a pass rush and your secondary been way too up and down.Unless im mistaken because no way Alex Smith last year should of done all that .

As for my team....Brees will kills us thats a fact and no doubt Im calling a nice 2 td-1 int-280 yard day game for him . Brees is just in his prime I think WSH loses 20-23 saints by a FG . Hall isnt a good coverage guy you have Mediu Williams who is just football smart and not fast enough to get to the plays . Nobody will check your TE and not to mention you have RB's that can catch which would cause issues. We also are without two of our starting safeties .

Good luck Id be a bit surprise we win but I think NO will win by a more smoother offense and cause more big plays.
    Don't be silly, I'm not Worried about Wahingtons offensive weapons(lol @ weapons with RGIII being a rookie, Moss talents regressing and Garçon being a inconsistent #2 WR but now operating as a #1) I'm talking about the rt side of my defense and the inexperiance officiating on a Very questionable blocking scheme the Shanahan have used for years. With these replacement officials, everybody will get away with holding more than they normally due with veteran officials, offensively and defensively!
    Liston to me and get this message correctly...
    The Redskins will never beat the Saints with this roster, the Saints will only beat themselves in a loss to the skins

Learn your teams offensive philosophy please! Shanahan base everything behind his running game with that Zone Blocking scheme which will open up the defense for Play action passing and bootlegs. If Shanahan can get that started, I see your skins at a .500+ season, but if you guys operate behind passing the ball like you so foolishly think, RGIII will get hurt and the skins will have a losing season placing them in the Top 3 for the draft!

Enjoy the game bruh, and I'll be looking at your skins from a distance. I love your teams star power at QB w/ RGIII
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 09-07-2012 at 09:10 AM.

From my Stephen-

vCash
    Our defense best be ready cause Redskins will have a run game and a passing attack come Sunday. Thats how we end up losing games we are suppose to win coming out with a Oh I know this team attitude. Every Sunday every team needs to be expected to at least try to run pass and execute whatever they can.

IMO RGIII will run and we will have to counter that.

They will run the ball and we will have to counter that.

They will pass it well we will have to contain that.

And we will have to stay alert on Spec Teams or that little returner will burn us too.

Zone blitz a bunch, dropping various players, play Harper and Jenkins in and out of the box, and Spy RGIII as much as needed. Thats my opinion.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Per the Times Picayune

New Orleans Saints defensive end Martez Wilson caught himself thinking two things as he blew past the Washington Redskins' punt protection late in the second quarter Sunday.

"The first thing I thought about after about third step where I saw I was clear was block the ball and don't hit the punter," Wilson said. "After that, it was all of a sudden a touchdown."

Wilson didn't miss the ball and did miss Redskins punter Sav Rocca as the second-year defender blocked a punt deep in Washington territory allowing Courtney Roby to scoop up the loose ball and score to cut the Redskins' lead to 20-14 going into halftime.

"We called a block punt on that play," Wilson said. "When I knifed down and we brought our extra gunner from the end, I think they miscounted. I got through, turned my shoulders sideways like we practiced."

Wilson's momentum shifting block likely erased some of Wilson's preseason mishaps on special teams, specifically in New England. Wilson jumped offsides when the Patriots lined up to punt in the first quarter giving New England another set of downs. Later, Wilson ran into the punter on fourth-and-1 in the second quarter to give New England another set of downs once again.

Wilson admitted he learned from his mishaps in New England.

"(Special teams) Coach Mac (Greg McMahon) always tells me I've got to be one of those key guys on special teams, all of the special teams (units)," Wilson said. "I definitely think I'm going to be going after punts a lot more. I like the feeling of my first NFL blocked punt. It feels good, but I think there's a lot more to see though."

Just wanted to post that Martez Wilson is a DE, not a LB for the Saints!

From my Stephen-

vCash
    Per the Times Picayune

New Orleans Saints defensive end Martez Wilson caught himself thinking two things as he blew past the Washington Redskins' punt protection late in the second quarter Sunday.

"The first thing I thought about after about third step where I saw I was clear was block the ball and don't hit the punter," Wilson said. "After that, it was all of a sudden a touchdown."

Wilson didn't miss the ball and did miss Redskins punter Sav Rocca as the second-year defender blocked a punt deep in Washington territory allowing Courtney Roby to scoop up the loose ball and score to cut the Redskins' lead to 20-14 going into halftime.

"We called a block punt on that play," Wilson said. "When I knifed down and we brought our extra gunner from the end, I think they miscounted. I got through, turned my shoulders sideways like we practiced."

Wilson's momentum shifting block likely erased some of Wilson's preseason mishaps on special teams, specifically in New England. Wilson jumped offsides when the Patriots lined up to punt in the first quarter giving New England another set of downs. Later, Wilson ran into the punter on fourth-and-1 in the second quarter to give New England another set of downs once again.

Wilson admitted he learned from his mishaps in New England.

"(Special teams) Coach Mac (Greg McMahon) always tells me I've got to be one of those key guys on special teams, all of the special teams (units)," Wilson said. "I definitely think I'm going to be going after punts a lot more. I like the feeling of my first NFL blocked punt. It feels good, but I think there's a lot more to see though."

Just wanted to post that Martez Wilson is a DE, not a LB for the Saints!
    Whatever he should be both. He has the skills he just needs some TLC (No Steve Smith) Someone needs to take that dude under their wing and groom him into the mold of The DeMarcus Ware and/or play him like Aldon Smith.

Problem is we don't have any Vet players like him on our team to teach him.
    But I tell you dipping that shoulder is a classic DE move turning that corner or beating the block in general so he should add that to the toolbox fo sho.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast