Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints Defense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    Gotta respect Under for standing his ground, despite the fact that I disagree with him. He posts an interesting argument. Definitely been enjoying the debate between him and BB
    I just saw this Neo and I agree 100% bro, UNDER have been standing his ground!

#GotARespectThat

Lol, being in the V has gotten to him! He's bias...{jk}
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    Without question its clear that BB knows football Xs and Os better than me.

I think MT and Neo as well as BigB have the most Football knowledge here.

That said forget the 4-4 base for now.

1. Is Harper a better coverage guy or a tackler and blitz guy?

2. Which one would you rather see Harper do more of coverage or Harper blitzing and tackling along the line?

3. Do we feel we at this point (I know its early) have the DEs/Front 4 to get enough pressure on the QB so they dont sit in the pocket too long.

4. Do you feel LB is the most talented position on our defense? If not which group do you feel is most talented?

5. Which do you think is most effective pressure on the QB or strong coverage?

6. Which one do you feel Saints are better suited to do create pressure or rely on coverage. Or do you think we are the ideal 4-3 team and can get fron 4 pressure and provide coverage?

Anyone else have an opinion on our D so far?
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    I think Harper is better suited for Falcons lol. Harper is not good in coverage and is better at run support. The overall Defense is in disaray with the injuries, bounties and new system, it will be a couple of games before the defense looks respectable , if at all. Pressure and coverage must be even, to succeed consistantly. Our pontential coverage is better than our front four at pressure. To win the offense will have to out score the opponent to win. Our D will basically suck this year.

vCash
    1. Is Harper a better coverage guy or a tackler and blitz guy?
    He's a Prototypical Strong Safety! Very few can cover well, you might have 3 out of 32 teams that have one that can cover. And tackling is about "WILL & WANT TO"! #Fact

2. Which one would you rather see Harper do more of coverage or Harper blitzing and tackling along the line?
    Play with a "Intimidating Hitters" mentality in Zone coverage -AND- Play with the same intensity along the DLine. Its about "BALANCE"!
    {Harper should be fine bcuz this scheme plays to his strenghts, allowing him to "FACE" the QB&WR!}

3. Do we feel we at this point (I know its early) have the DEs/Front 4 to get enough pressure on the QB so they dont sit in the pocket too long.
    Yes we do! SPAGS have changed their techniqes & Gap assignments.Plus the SAINTS personnel actually fits his scheme!

4. Do you feel LB is the most talented position on our defense? If not which group do you feel is most talented?
    The SAINTS DLINE is the better position(martez, gallette,Jordan,ellis, smith,turk) can all Get after the QB, but the LB's upgrades were the Major upgrade in the offseason. In SPAGS scheme, its all about the "Front 4", the LB's are required to play physical in coverage or blitzs and tackle everything in front of them

5. Which do you think is most effective pressure on the QB or strong coverage?
    Both, bcuz they work hand-in-hand, but the Dream is to get Pressure with only your Defensive Front Four.
    REMEMBER:INT's can come from Great Pressure just like a Sack can come from Great Coverage in the secondary!

6. Which one do you feel Saints are better suited to do create pressure or rely on coverage. Or do you think we are the ideal 4-3 team and can get fron 4 pressure and provide coverage?
    The Saints have the "Front Four" to get Pressure on the QB, PLUS Spags will coach his azz off by keeping the offense off balance by Mixing in his Blitzes!

Anyone else have an opinion on our D so far?
    BIGBREED'S input!

#ThunderBuddy's4Life

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"

vCash
    If the LBs can get and stay healthy, I'm excited about the D. If not, even more pressure is placed on the front four.

Who would even start for the Saints right now at LB? Casillas, MLB (no idea) and Shanle?

vCash
    Yes my opinion is as follows:

Go that way really fast......when something gets in your way....turn

vCash
    Saints defense looks AWFUL in the first quarter against the Texans!
    !WhoDat!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
    Saints defense looks AWFUL in the first quarter against the Texans!
    No they don't! Plus they have Casillies playing MLB! C'mon dude, it's pre season with no game planning!

From my Stephen-

vCash
    Guys,
    Mark Sanchez is garbage! But if Tim Tebow can get to start by week 8, he will "RUN" the Jets into the Playoffs with that Spread Option offense of his. And We will be seeing the most talked about defense in the NFL off season, The 4-4/FO FO!
    Shout out to my dawg Under! {aka the GOAT and Father of the FO FO}

-Tebow is Garbage as a QB, but he is a football player!

From my Stephen-

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    No they don't! Plus they have Casillies playing MLB! C'mon dude, it's pre season with no game planning!
    You're right... Two consecutive drives by the Texans' offense the length of the field to open the game 0-14 is awesome defense.
    !WhoDat!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
    You're right... Two consecutive drives by the Texans' offense the length of the field to open the game 0-14 is awesome defense.
    No Who Dat, that's not what I'm talking about! I'm talking about whatever team playing the Jets, trying to defend them!

And I don't know what game you was looking at, but with our makeshift defense with Cassillas playing MLB and our Nickleback Johnny Patrick starting at CB for J Greer, finishing the game with 8 sacks, about 3-4 forced fumbles, and bout 1-2 ints? C'mon man!? The Texans first offensive possession was held to a FG, but a Phantom Pass-Interference call for WR- André Johnson help them keep that drive going. THEN a fumble by Ivory gave them a short field to score the next TD.

The Saints Defense played their azz's off! The Saints dominated both offensively and defensively Saturday!
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 08-27-2012 at 11:06 PM.

From my Stephen-

vCash
    I actually missed the game surprising for me but I am gonna watch it tonight on Preseaon Live on demand
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    Guys,
    Mark Sanchez is garbage! But if Tim Tebow can get to start by week 8, he will "RUN" the Jets into the Playoffs with that Spread Option offense of his. And We will be seeing the most talked about defense in the NFL off season, The 4-4/FO FO!
    Shout out to my dawg Under! {aka the GOAT and Father of the FO FO}

-Tebow is Garbage as a QB, but he is a football player!
    Not to mention, the Jets will suddenly miss their problems running the football as Shonn Green goes off. And I will certainly regret not drafting him in my other fantasy league.

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Any updates on how Hawthorne/Lofton are looking for game 1?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
    Any updates on how Hawthorne/Lofton are looking for game 1?
    Lofton for sure is a go. Hawthorne worked with 1st team D as well.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...pear_heal.html
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast