Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints Defense

vCash
    Hooooooooooonnnnnnnnnn! whodat

vCash
    I'm too exhausted to get into the technicalities, but I'll explain tomorrow after I wake up. Under, a lot of the positive concepts that you're talking about will come into play with Spagnuolo's 4-3 defense. I'm talking here about the zone blitz

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    As long as we do leave Harper on an island or ask him to cover a lot of ground. We will be ok. I really hate that dude.

vCash
    I just want to say with the 4-4 or 8 in the box, you add pressure on your DB's which you and Spags stated is our area of concern. So would be wise NOT to put more pressure on our weakspot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by usaintwinnin View Post
    I just want to say with the 4-4 or 8 in the box, you add pressure on your DB's which you and Spags stated is our area of concern. So would be wise NOT to put more pressure on our weakspot.
    QB can't pass if he is sacked, confused by who is doing what, or his timing is off because of the pressure. This helps DBs and zone is great when it works but trust me MAN coverage is inevitable. So best to play to our strengths now than trying to change our weaknesses.
    Last edited by Underdogz∞; 08-13-2012 at 06:59 PM.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    So what changes have been noticed so far with Spags under helm? Can anyone give a breakdown so far? What differences are we or will we see from last year?

vCash
    Holy **** King the other game I saw a Zone Blitz where an Interior lineman dropped into coverage It was beautiful.

One thing I noticed so far that I thought was pure genius although it seems obvious is that when Spags blitzed he had a man pop in coverage where the man blitzed from.

I see coverage most of all the players seemed to blanket the field and we still got pressure sideline to sideline I saw defenders.

Randomness (is that a word) thats what I saw. People were doing everything blitzing dropping in coverage closing in on runners we look sharp imo.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Only one play scared me and he was manned up in the 1st game. I think it was JP (Patrick) but he handled it like a Pro Bowl CB jumped in front of the WR and knocked the ball down he made sure no one was catching that if he couldn't.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    This Marquis Johnson who came with Spags is a baller.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sams View Post
    This Marquis Johnson who came with Spags is a baller.
    Yeah, he wants a roster spot and he d*mn well might get it

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    If Vitt can keep Shanle around for this long then Spags gets to keep some of his favs especially when they are playing pretty well. Anyway

Marquis Johnson

From this site http://www.ramsgab.com/2010/04/24/ma...outing-report/
    "PROS: Has good speed and shows ability to play both press and off coverage. Has nice ball skills and can break up slants and jump routes. Is an effective run stopper on the edge.
    CONS: Doesn’t have great hips and struggles to turn and run with receivers when he’s in press coverage. Doesn’t always get the jam. Needs to improve his awareness and gives up too much cushion. Might have a tendency to draw some flags. Is an undersized tackler at the point of attack.
    OVERVIEW: Johnson has good size and speed, and enough tools to compete at the next level. But doesn’t do anything particularly well to stand out. Served as the nickel corner behind Javier Arenas and Kareem Jackson, but worked the outside and Arenas moved to the slot. Was productive this past year with 18 pass breakups, despite only having 1 interception, probably because teams avoided Jackson quite a bit. Logged only 13 starts in his career, with 10 coming as a senior.
    NFL FORECAST: At best, Johnson is going to be a backup on the next level. He seemed to play better in off coverage than in press because he doesn’t have great hips. BUt with some work, he might improve there on the next level for teams that like physical corners. I think he has the tools that with a lot of development he could be a good No. 3 corner on the next level, but more than likely he’ll be a fourth guy. Likely his ability to stick on the next level will depend on his ability to stick on special teams early on since he doesn’t have great coverage skills or upside."
    -----------------------------------------------------

Seems like a pretty accurate assessment, I think what it happening since Spags scheme likes to keep everything in front of the coverage those "stiff hips" don't hold him back much in this scheme. Gotta love Football where if you have one flaw in your technique it can cost you that half of second which could be the difference in a Sack or INT
    Last edited by Underdogz∞; 08-13-2012 at 10:25 PM.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    If Vitt can keep Shanle around for this long then Spags gets to keep some of his favs especially when they are playing pretty well. Anyway

Marquis Johnson

From this site http://www.ramsgab.com/2010/04/24/ma...outing-report/
    "PROS: Has good speed and shows ability to play both press and off coverage. Has nice ball skills and can break up slants and jump routes. Is an effective run stopper on the edge.
    CONS: Doesn’t have great hips and struggles to turn and run with receivers when he’s in press coverage. Doesn’t always get the jam. Needs to improve his awareness and gives up too much cushion. Might have a tendency to draw some flags. Is an undersized tackler at the point of attack.
    OVERVIEW: Johnson has good size and speed, and enough tools to compete at the next level. But doesn’t do anything particularly well to stand out. Served as the nickel corner behind Javier Arenas and Kareem Jackson, but worked the outside and Arenas moved to the slot. Was productive this past year with 18 pass breakups, despite only having 1 interception, probably because teams avoided Jackson quite a bit. Logged only 13 starts in his career, with 10 coming as a senior.
    NFL FORECAST: At best, Johnson is going to be a backup on the next level. He seemed to play better in off coverage than in press because he doesn’t have great hips. BUt with some work, he might improve there on the next level for teams that like physical corners. I think he has the tools that with a lot of development he could be a good No. 3 corner on the next level, but more than likely he’ll be a fourth guy. Likely his ability to stick on the next level will depend on his ability to stick on special teams early on since he doesn’t have great coverage skills or upside."
    -----------------------------------------------------

Seems like a pretty accurate assessment, I think what it happening since Spags scheme likes to keep everything in front of the coverage those "stiff hips" don't hold him back much in this scheme. Gotta love Football where if you have one flaw in your technique it can cost you that half of second which could be the difference in a Sack or INT

I wonder if if could play safety...........I would to get rid of harper. lol

vCash
    Can't wait to see the return of the Dome patrol tonight.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Even with 7-8 in da box tackling was
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    Even with 7-8 in da box tackling was
    There wasn't 8 in the box being played until it was on short yardage plays! That what You are referring to is called a "Defensive Shift"! It's a disguise to give a false read to the offense, plus there wasn't a game plan or scheme for this game. Everything was basic football coverages in a 4-3 defense, mixing in packages that were taught thru camp.

*AGAIN: There was NO 8 man fronts and there WON'T be any 8 man fronts!
    (only in short yardage/goal line plays will we see a 8 man front)

-------------------
    Ignorance- is lacking knowledge
    Stupidity- is Lacking common sense; wit

•We've all gone thru some type of Ignorance in our life due to lack of knowledge, but when we are told the truth and we've learn the truth, but we still insanely repeat the same mistake without change is just down right .....
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 08-19-2012 at 04:51 PM.
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast