Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 75 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    James Rodriguez is absurdly good. I think he'd be a much better fit for Barca. Believe me, I don't think Neymar would bring THAT much more than James to justify the price difference. The difference in price would be unreal, James would probably cost like half of what Neymar would.

Touro, where do you think James and Moutinho are at this time next year? I have a feeling the could both end up on the same team. (probably like 70M package deal kind of thing).
    Only now i saw your post...

Moutinho will be transferred next year ... 25M, 30M, 35M? idk
    James will not be transfered next year. Porto knows that he is good and young and they know they can sell him in 2014/15/16.

Also, mark this name: ATSU ... 18yo... already playing in Porto first team and at a high level

vCash
    Atsu is another kid who impressed me alot though he won't be near the level of guys like James. Benfica has Melagrejo and Luisinho at LB right now and they both look pretty promising. Melagrejo has the immediate potential to be a strikingly similar player to Coentrao. Salvio is also a guy I don't expect to stick around too long. Benfica stole him away from Atletico for 11M or w.e it was. Pretty sure they wouldn't let him go for triple that at this point lol

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    I don't see that happening. I could see them bringing in Zaha.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    Atsu is another kid who impressed me alot though he won't be near the level of guys like James. Benfica has Melagrejo and Luisinho at LB right now and they both look pretty promising. Melagrejo has the immediate potential to be a strikingly similar player to Coentrao. Salvio is also a guy I don't expect to stick around too long. Benfica stole him away from Atletico for 11M or w.e it was. Pretty sure they wouldn't let him go for triple that at this point lol
    Homie Atsu will be a star! In Benfica the most promissing player imo is Rodrigo.

Melgarejo could become the next Fabio Coentrão i agree

vCash
    well everyone knows Rodrigo at this point lol. He's a beast

vCash
    Wenger about Porto´s Transfer Policy:

"Recent performances from the likes of Jackson Martínez and James Rodríguez have served to highlight FC Porto's successful South American recruitment drive.

Vítor Pereira's club have an absolutely extraordinary transfer policy in South America, giving them a significant advantage over other teams. On top of that they also manage to take the best players from smaller Portuguese clubs.

Considering the benefits these South American and local policies afford the club, Porto wield a similar power in Portugal to that which Bayern Munich have in Germany.

Of course, Benfica and Sporting are also able to draw on similar resources, but Porto should be singled out for praise because, over the last 15 years, it is the Oporto club which has been able to deliver most consistently. Their policy is both intelligent and visionary.

When looking to unearth new players, clubs tend to be drawn towards Brazil and its huge pool of talent, but Mexico, Colombia and Uruguay have also produced many players for European teams. Colombians Martínez and Rodríguez are two shining examples.

The problem was that for a long time these countries failed at a basic level with young players and settled for a 'wild' brand of football.

Today though, there are academies developing all over the world, as the hunt for the 'footballer of tomorrow' reaches far and wide, allowing Porto to reap rewards for their extensive scouting and to remain competitive at the highest level."

Original news here: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/...1656--sow.html

vCash
    jackson martinez wasnt even the best player in mexico. Lucas Lobos was and still is the best player in Mexico.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D1RoseJM View Post
    jackson martinez wasnt even the best player in mexico. Lucas Lobos was and still is the best player in Mexico.
    Does it matter if he was the best one or not?

Its a fact that Porto buy young talented players and turn them into professional, disciplined soccer players.

The scouting of Porto is huge... every player is scouted by 3 / 4 / 5 diferents persons so that when they buy a player they know they are buying the right one!

When a player arrives to Porto, he has a well oiled structured staff that will work them into becoming a better player and a better man (words of the president). To do that the player only has to concentrate into playing soccer (words of the president again) ... every other thing like school for kids, new car, new home, paying his taxes... everything is handled by Porto staff! Is an incredible well oiled system.

Wenger words confirm Porto´s reputation!

D1rose , i was just posting that because i am damn proud of my club and how a team in such a small championship like the Portuguese and with such economical limits can so often compete with the top rich European teams.
    Last edited by O_Touro; 10-24-2012 at 01:15 PM.

vCash
    Toro, I wasn't trying to hit out on Martinez talent, I was just pointing out that Mexico has a lot of talented players in their league. I am hearing that Diego Reyes is Portugal bound(either benfica or Porto).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D1RoseJM View Post
    Toro, I wasn't trying to hit out on Martinez talent, I was just pointing out that Mexico has a lot of talented players in their league. I am hearing that Diego Reyes is Portugal bound(either benfica or Porto).
    I know D1 ... i was just trying to show you that porto scouting is a TOP one and also Porto Structure is designd to develope both mans and players to a top quality! We are good friend

About Diego Reyes... if both Benfica and Porto want him its Porto who is going to get him!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by O_Touro View Post
    I know D1 ... i was just trying to show you that porto scouting is a TOP one and also Porto Structure is designd to develope both mans and players to a top quality! We are good friend

About Diego Reyes... if both Benfica and Porto want him its Porto who is going to get him!
    not necessarily true.. although Porto does have a history of getting players on Benfica's watch list... including Danillo, Caballero and yes James Rodriguez lol.

On Jackson Martinez, there's no big deal about this guy. He fits Porto's system well, he's not a GREAT player though. Both Benfica and Porto have a ton of young talent noone talks about though. Porto has the likes of Alex Sandro, Otamendi, a guy on the B squad who's name I can't remember, who imo are really good, but get no love. Benfica has guys like Enzo Perez, Melagrejo, and then Ivan Cavaleiro on the B squad, who idk if you've ever seen him Touro, but he could be literally the best Portuguese striker since a prime Pauleta. Kid is insanely good.

Anyways, how about that champions league? lol.

vCash
    not necessarily true.. although Porto does have a history of getting players on Benfica's watch list... including Danillo, Caballero and yes James Rodriguez lol.

On Jackson Martinez, there's no big deal about this guy. He fits Porto's system well, he's not a GREAT player though. Both Benfica and Porto have a ton of young talent noone talks about though. Porto has the likes of Alex Sandro, Otamendi, a guy on the B squad who's name I can't remember, who imo are really good, but get no love. Benfica has guys like Enzo Perez, Melagrejo, and then Ivan Cavaleiro on the B squad, who idk if you've ever seen him Touro, but he could be literally the best Portuguese striker since a prime Pauleta. Kid is insanely good.

Anyways, how about that champions league? lol.
    2 more goals ... AH AH AH

vCash
    http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebo...sto-e-gil.html

Corinthians interested in Renato Augusto of Bayer Leverkusen

vCash
    http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebo...r-em-2013.html

According to Corriere dello Sport, Milan will continue their massive rebuilding project. Pato, Robinho and KP Boateng to be sold by January. The club estimates €50m from transfer fees plus €30m in wage savings for next year.

Bayern rumored to be interested in KP Boateng, Santos likely to land Robinho and Pato has already drawn interest from PSG before.

vCash
    wtf is up with milan? are they really broke?

Page 30 of 75 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast