Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should we look at as a WR who can step up and contribute to our offense?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Manny Arceneaux

4 12.50%
  • Devin Aromashodu

3 9.38%
  • Stephen Burton

10 31.25%
  • Michael Jenkins

2 6.25%
  • Kamar Jorden

0 0%
  • A.J. Love

0 0%
  • Kerry Taylor

1 3.13%
  • Bryan Walters

0 0%
  • Jarius Wright

6 18.75%
  • Sign Plaxico Burress

5 15.63%
  • Trade a top draft pick to the Steelers for Mike Wallace

6 18.75%
  • Trade a top draft pick to the Chiefs for Dwayne Bowe

7 21.88%
  • Trade a later pick to the Titans for Kenny Britt

2 6.25%
  • Sign Mike Williams

1 3.13%
  • Pick up a player off-waivers

2 6.25%
  • Roll with who we've got

4 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    So I took the plunge and got the NFL gameday pass. I'm watching pre-season games for some of the guys I think might be on the waiver wire.

What I've learned so far is that we shouldn't be too crazy about Terrence Tolliver, he's pretty slow. I want to try to look at guys like Raymond Radway and Dale Moss too. The nice thing (for us) about guys like that is that the talent that some of these teams have when they are down to their 2nd and 3rd string is so bad (for example Stephen McGee and Rudy Carpenter having to run for their lives from the Raiders defense) that guys like Radway don't really get a fair shake and end up on a bus out of town.

I'm not saying that I think a guy like that can ride in to town on a white horse and take us to the super bowl (I'd take a healthy Childs over any guy that I had on my list) but I do think that some of these guys are going to get overlooked and will develop.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    So I took the plunge and got the NFL gameday pass. I'm watching pre-season games for some of the guys I think might be on the waiver wire.

What I've learned so far is that we shouldn't be too crazy about Terrence Tolliver, he's pretty slow. I want to try to look at guys like Raymond Radway and Dale Moss too. The nice thing (for us) about guys like that is that the talent that some of these teams have when they are down to their 2nd and 3rd string is so bad (for example Stephen McGee and Rudy Carpenter having to run for their lives from the Raiders defense) that guys like Radway don't really get a fair shake and end up on a bus out of town.

I'm not saying that I think a guy like that can ride in to town on a white horse and take us to the super bowl (I'd take a healthy Childs over any guy that I had on my list) but I do think that some of these guys are going to get overlooked and will develop.

I have done the same and honestly not sure who will get cut. Alot of guys making some plays consistently but most likely will be held on to. I have been looking more at teams we can throw a 5/6th rounder at like Rod Streater, Marvin Jones, Muhammer Sanu, Marvin Mcnutt (havent heard a word on), vincent Brown (broken ankle last night so he may get cut).....
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    I believe Sanu would be well worth a 5/6th round...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post

NFL game day pass not available in US or Mexico.

I do not have NFL ticket and I live in Iowa somewhat near Chicago. So when the Bears or Packers are playing in the same time slot and station as the Vikes, they play the Packers or Bears. Otherwise, I have to drive to a sports bar to watch the game.

Personally, I would rather stay at home with some cold beers and watch the Vikes in my underwear. LOL

vCash
    Cheese- Who do you see actually being available at Wr.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Cheese- Who do you see actually being available at Wr.
    Well I have yet to get to all the games but I have been keeping an eye on a few guys. Dale Moss is getting consistent production but from what I've seen so far he's a 3rd stringer, and with guys like Borel and Gurley ahead of him I think that we will have a shot at him on waivers. I still need to watch the Week 2 games and I'll also look at some of the pats guys too and let you know.

Radway didn't make a play for the Cowboys in week 1 (but like I said that was less on him that it was the quality or lack there of, of the rest of their 3rd string offense).

I don't see us getting Andre Holmes, he's a 2nd stringer and with Austin banged up he's too valuable for them to let him go.

I'm also going to have a look at the Pats and see what's happening there.

Edit: I'll take a look at Braylon Edwards and TO as well see what's happening in Seattle. Another guy to bring up is Ramses Barden on the Giants, he may not make the roster there but even if he doesn't he'd be a bit of a stretch here since he's not very fast at all and seems to have trouble learning the game.
    Last edited by 100%CHEESE FREE; 08-19-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Just thought I would add, Radway was more active in game 2 Dallas at San Diego, he had a kick return and was targeted a few times, but didn't catch anything. One of the passes to him was broken up by CB D'Aundre Presley who was covering him pretty well and put the ball up into the air. It was caught by Shareece Wright and almost taken back for a TD. This is a notable play because Radway (who was knocked off his feet and got up at least 5-8 yards behind and well away from where Shareece Wright was) tracks him down at the 3 yard line or so. Wright had to cut a little bit but it says something that Radway has the straight-line speed and acceleration to catch up with a CB with that kind of a lead on him.

We should see more of him in Week 4 but he does have quite a few guys a head of him. Cole Beasley looks like a really good slot WR for the cowboys, Dwayne Harris has made some plays, as well as Ogletree and Holmes. Holmes is probably put up the lowest numbers out of all of these guys, but I'm still thinking that they keep him due to his size/speed combination. Also if it came down to Holmes or Radway they'd be choosing Holmes.

Its only speculation on my part that our team would have any interest in Radway at all, but he fits the profile for a big (6'3") fast (4.32 40 time) outside WR and he's also the kind of guy we could keep on our roster for 3 weeks and maybe just maybe smuggle to the PS once Simpson comes back in Week 4 if he's not good enough to see play time.
    Last edited by 100%CHEESE FREE; 08-20-2012 at 06:40 AM.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Ochocinco. Or I like the idea of signing Moss if the peckers cut him.
    Hey coach. Do you have ANY idea what you are doing?
    Thats what I thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by logan44 View Post
    Ochocinco. Or I like the idea of signing Moss if the peckers cut him.
    At this point I think that Chad Johnson has less to offer than these young kids do. Too many knocks on him and I doubt he has more than another 2 years left in him at the most (probably won't play after this year). Much rather a guy like Dale Moss. Even if we end up putting him on the PS, or even if he's inactive all year, he has potential and a future. Chad doesn't have either.

Another thing talking about productive 2nd and 3rd string WRs, it really depends on the team they're on. Cole Beasley in Dallas is almost certain to take their last roster spot because even though they have a few good WRs in the 2nd and 3rd strings he's standing out the most. What that means though is that other guys will be let go. Rod Streater is another example of a guy who we wouldn't have a shot at unless we start forking over picks which I don't think would be a good idea.

Moss was moderately productive in his first game (3 catches for 29 yards) but only 1 catch this week. He's not a flashy YAC guy either, he just catches the ball and goes down, but that's sort of what you're looking for in a big guy like him. As long as he can get to the right place and catching the ball he doesn't have to be blowing the top off the defense and changing his first name to Randy (buy boy that sure would be nice).

The Radway kid from Dallas is more of a long shot than Moss, but from what I've seen (and yeah I can't really say that about catching because he hasn't caught one yet....) is more athletic but is a higher risk/reward (and I'm not talking about character or injury) than Moss would be. Radway is faster and potentially could be more of an impact player but so far I think Moss catches better and would probably be a safer bet as far as who could go out there this year and produce (even a little).
    Last edited by 100%CHEESE FREE; 08-20-2012 at 01:03 AM.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    So I watched some bits and pieces of other games. TO actually is as fast as they reported him to be, but he stunk it up with bad drops/Champ Bailey owning him in man to man coverage. I only saw Chad Johnson targeted once and that went right through his hands.

I did see a couple other tall guys in some of the footage I watched (#84 for San Diego, Taylor Embree is like 6'4" and #83 Michael Willie is another tall guy but he's not too fast.)

Deion Branch was inactive for week 1 and Stallworth didn't really do much at all (1 catch for 1 yard). Stallworth is the faster of the two, and Branch has been missing some time and is 33 years old. I know Branch is only 5'9" but he has been very useful in New England (even if he didn't really do much in Seattle) so out of veteran guys to be given some consideration, I'd take a look at him.

I'll look at some Bengals and Eagles WRs, they have lots of good young guys, but they also probably have a place for all of them too, and I've yet to watch anything from the Giants yet.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    I added a few other guys who could possibly get cut, I'll try to take a look at their game tape over the next week or so. I don't really see any of them as a good/ideal fit though, but some of them might work out.

Logan Payne 6'2" 205 lbs. (age 27) Baltimore Ravens. We should remember Payne from when he was here in 2010. He still hasn't really solidified his career after ending up on IR last year and not really doing much for the Jets after they picked him up on waivers from us. Payne has good hands though and is decently fast. He wouldn't be a weapon for us but he very well could produce.

Mardy Gilyard 5'11" 194 lbs. (age 25) Philadelphia Eagles. He's bounced around the league and he's no lock to make Philly's final roster. He is fast but still a work in progress.

Ramses Barden 6'6" 225 lbs. (age 26) New York Giants. Barden is huge, but slow. He hasn't ever accomplished much with the GIants so its hard to imagine why that would change here

Dezmon Briscoe 6'2" 210 lbs (age 22) Washington Redskins. Briscoe was waived after he failed conditioning tests for the Bucs new coaching staff (this was after he missed all off season work outs and OTAs) but he was quickly picked up by Washington. The Redskins will probably keep him but on the off chance they don't he could be worth a look.

Braylon Edwards 6'3" 214 lbs. (age 28) Seattle Seahawks. Braylon was cut by the 9ers last year after a knee injury which he took a while to get over. He's competing with Terrell Owens for a roster spot in Seattle. If he gets cut he could be worth a look.

Danario Alexander 6'5" 217lbs. (age 24) St. Louis Rams. The Guy is really fast, but he's also really fragile and has been having ongoing trouble with his knee since his college days. Its possible that the Rams will give up on him, but if they do it will likely be due to medical issues so we'd probably best steer clear.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    So I watched the Week 1 game Seattle vs. Tennessee. Braylon Edwards was playing against 2nd stringers but he reeled in a really nice touchdown pass (he did have his hands on the Jersey of the guy covering him though). So far out of everyone I looked at, Edwards looks the best which I guess isn't all that surprising.

We won't be the only ones knocking if Seattle cuts him though. Also another guy who caught my eye was ex-Vikings Darius Reynaud. He scored on a really nice run (the Titans are using him as an RB like we wanted to in 2010) and got another TD on a punt return. This guy is exactly the kind of guy we were looking for when we singed Lorenzo Booker in 2010 and Jordan Todman last year. I think he's pretty much locked up his place on the Titans roster, but if for some reason they do cut him I would love to see Reynaud back in purple. That was a horrible trade.

Watching the Eagles now, Mardy Gilyard scored a beautiful 44 yd TD from Nick Foles in the 3rd quarter. Really good catch and he managed to get the pylon while the db was pushing him out of bounds.
    Last edited by 100%CHEESE FREE; 08-20-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Watching more tape, Dezmon Briscoe had a nice TD against the Bears. I wouldn't mind getting that kid here at all. That's the thing though, with these guys the better they look the less likely it is we'll see them get waived.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Hope MArvin Mcnutt is a victim of the eagles QB injuries and they try to put him on the practice squad due to lack of performance Kid would be a nice addition. We have that extra 6th rounder from the Titans so I wouldnt mind the vikings trading Their 6th rounder. I think Locker will have the type of mistake ridden rookie season similar to Ponder last year so well keep theirs wich will most likely by higher.

Watched the whole eagles game so far. Mcnutt got in for 2 offensive series and didn't get one look. I think he is yet to catch a pass.
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 08-20-2012 at 11:03 PM.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    What would we have to give up to get Mcnutt?

Honestly guys, I think we are going to be fine with who we got instead of trying to take a chance and lose a pick doing so.. If they throw these guys in with the first team and get Rudy the ball more, its gonna open these guys up in preseason and were going to see the real potential. I honestly am pulling for Aromashodu, I think if he gets in the game with Ponder he's gonna flash... He's got the skill set we need. He's quick and isn't afraid to go up and get a ball, just everyone Webb has thrown to him was out of bounds or it was behind him...

How many WR will we keep? I would like to see the line up

1.) Jerome Simpson
    2.) P Harv
    3.) Devin Aromashodu
    4.) Jarius Wright
    5.) Stephen Burton
    6.)/ practice squad Manny arceneaux

I feel with those WR we give Ponder enough at the WR position.

I know its a snowballs chance in Hell that one of them could turn out like Victor Cruz did for the G-Men. The way I sit and look at the situation is, we covered most our big problems through free agency and the draft. We covered a good portion to help us, if we end up fallin on our face I believe we will take a 1st round reciever..

I don't want to see us bring in anymore washed up vets who are looking for any team who is willing to give them a shot at some income. I'd like to see them go after a young guy who we can work with Ponder from the start... I believe with the guys we have now, our number one is here we just haven't discovered which one it is exactly...

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast