Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should we look at as a WR who can step up and contribute to our offense?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Manny Arceneaux

4 12.50%
  • Devin Aromashodu

3 9.38%
  • Stephen Burton

10 31.25%
  • Michael Jenkins

2 6.25%
  • Kamar Jorden

0 0%
  • A.J. Love

0 0%
  • Kerry Taylor

1 3.13%
  • Bryan Walters

0 0%
  • Jarius Wright

6 18.75%
  • Sign Plaxico Burress

5 15.63%
  • Trade a top draft pick to the Steelers for Mike Wallace

6 18.75%
  • Trade a top draft pick to the Chiefs for Dwayne Bowe

7 21.88%
  • Trade a later pick to the Titans for Kenny Britt

2 6.25%
  • Sign Mike Williams

1 3.13%
  • Pick up a player off-waivers

2 6.25%
  • Roll with who we've got

4 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    You listed almost every position on the roster and talked about how bad most of our 2nd string players are. That's off topic and has NOTHING to do with the WR situation at all.
    uh Ya it does.

This is America Cheese. people have differant opinions.
    Not everybody is into Communism like you.

If your eating chicken and run into a bone, you don't throw the whole chicken out cause you hit a bone. Just throw the bone out.
    Just be sure to look real good and make sure it's bone or not.

stop with the on topic or not thing. It's not helping anything or anybody.

Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel0227 View Post
    uh Ya it does.

This is America Cheese. people have differant opinions.
    Not everybody is into Communism like you.

If your eating chicken and run into a bone, you don't throw the whole chicken out cause you hit a bone. Just throw the bone out.
    Just be sure to look real good and make sure it's bone or not.

stop with the on topic or not thing. It's not helping anything or anybody.

wow, just...............wow

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Im not sweating it as bad as some people are. I believe that Simpson could be a top 15 WR in the league esp with him getting the ball thrown to him alot. I 100% believe Harvin will be a top 10 this season because we are going to give him the ball a ton more and YOU JUST WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THIS PISSED OFF GUY HAS THE BALL THIS SEASON...PRO BOWL!!!!!

With those 2 wrs and how much we are going to rely on our two TE's we have way more than enough players to get the ball to, not many teams have two good WRs I believe we have 2 right now with Simpson and Harvin. Time will tell with Simpson but im sure he is going to impress this year. You have to remember we only have so many offensive plays a game and we are going to be giving the ball to Toby, Kyle, and Harvin way more then ever this year. I didn't even mention the BEST offensive threat in the SPORT AP yet. So stop crying about our WR situation, we WILL be just fine. We have been a run heavy team even before AP was here, and with a D that has some older guys Allen, Kevin, Antwon, and Maybe Greenway(not that old) we can keep the D fresh with running the ball. Simpson, Harvin, Kyle, Carlson, Toby, and AP are good enough if you ask me, we just need to give ponder some time to get them the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    Im not sweating it as bad as some people are. I believe that Simpson could be a top 15 WR in the league esp with him getting the ball thrown to him alot. I 100% believe Harvin will be a top 10 this season because we are going to give him the ball a ton more and YOU JUST WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THIS PISSED OFF GUY HAS THE BALL THIS SEASON...PRO BOWL!!!!!

With those 2 wrs and how much we are going to rely on our two TE's we have way more than enough players to get the ball to, not many teams have two good WRs I believe we have 2 right now with Simpson and Harvin. Time will tell with Simpson but im sure he is going to impress this year. You have to remember we only have so many offensive plays a game and we are going to be giving the ball to Toby, Kyle, and Harvin way more then ever this year. I didn't even mention the BEST offensive threat in the SPORT AP yet. So stop crying about our WR situation, we WILL be just fine. We have been a run heavy team even before AP was here, and with a D that has some older guys Allen, Kevin, Antwon, and Maybe Greenway(not that old) we can keep the D fresh with running the ball. Simpson, Harvin, Kyle, Carlson, Toby, and AP are good enough if you ask me, we just need to give ponder some time to get them the ball.

I strongly agree. As long as Ponder has some protection we should be okay on offense. With Simpson being out for 3 weeks somebody like Burton or any other backup should be able to fill in provided that Ponder is protected.

The very last thing the Vikings should do is trade away a draft pick for some WR. If we truely need an upgrade in our WR core, we can probably get the best one in next years draft if we are in the top 5 again.

vCash
    That is one god awful list..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blom85 View Post
    That is one god awful list..
    Thats what I'm sayn!!
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash

Talking This is a forum for thoughts right?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel0227 View Post
    Thats what I'm sayn!!
    I don't agree with Daniels assement of the Vikings being that bleak, I think time will show that to be true or false. However I respect the research and the thought he put into the list. It doesn't mean I'm right or he is wrong, just a different opinion. However I am always curious why people make themselves the Poster Police and waste a whole post saying why somebody's thoughts should be here or there. Why not just post your thoughts about what the man was saying instead of being the self elected Post Marshall Police Chief? Cheese has had good thoughts in this forum as well but sometimes people need to get over themselves as far as telling someone where to write this or that. Just a thought, not taking a shot, I like this forum a lot, but do we need Post Police? I think not

vCash
    Well Manny Arceneaux is drawing some pretty high praise from Vikings wide receiver coach George Stewart.
    “Emmanuel Arceneaux has improved more than any player in one year that I’ve ever coached,” Stewart said. “That’s in (all my) years of coaching and in every facet. He’s going to be a player that’s going to help us again this year.”

When asked which specific areas have seen the biggest improvement for Arceneaux, Stewart said, “Everything. Route running, run blocking, catching the ball, confidence in what he’s doing. The whole gamut as a receiver. Now is he ready to go to the Hall of Fame? No, but he has improved from year one to year two, and as a coach and as a player that’s what you strive to have.”
    Seems like Arceneaux has a pretty good shot at making this team and if he has really improved this much I'd like to keep him over Jenkins. Stephen Burton has a lot of talent and could emerge as a play maker if he puts it all together. Devin Aromashodu also has a good combination of size and speed and at times last season flashed making ability but then he disappears. Hopefully another year in this system will help him. Right now I'd like to see our receivers be:
    1. Percy Harvin
    2. Jerome Simpson
    3. Jarius Wright
    4. Manny Arceneaux
    5. Devin Aromashodu

I'd hold onto to Jenkins while Simpson is out and let him and Aromashodu fight it out for the last spot during those 3 games. Basically whoever flashes more play making ability and produces stays and the other goes.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    I have been saying for a while that Manny deserved a chance. Without sounding like a douche I know Manny personally and how hard he has worked this off season. People wouldn't give me the time of day though when I brought up he was gonna make the team and make an impact.... Damn I can't wait till the real season starts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanezshred View Post
    I don't agree with Daniels assement of the Vikings being that bleak, I think time will show that to be true or false. However I respect the research and the thought he put into the list. It doesn't mean I'm right or he is wrong, just a different opinion. However I am always curious why people make themselves the Poster Police and waste a whole post saying why somebody's thoughts should be here or there. Why not just post your thoughts about what the man was saying instead of being the self elected Post Marshall Police Chief? Cheese has had good thoughts in this forum as well but sometimes people need to get over themselves as far as telling someone where to write this or that. Just a thought, not taking a shot, I like this forum a lot, but do we need Post Police? I think not
    Again, because I don't want to take this thread off topic. This is a thread about WRs. What kind of depth we have at OL or Safety (or discussing it) has nothing to do with how good our WRs are or who we're going to use now that Childs is injured, just the same as it would have nothing to do with AP coming back from his knee injury. We start discussing those things in here (no matter how relevant that they may be to where this team goes next year) and we stop making sense, plus making it a pain in the *** for whoever comes in here to read/post their thoughts on this topic (who they like/who they think we should sign ect.)

Plus, once we go back to talking about WRs again, whatever point/opinion daniel had on our roster is buried instead of properly discussed, like it would be if the same statement (we have poor depth and our backups suck) had been posted in the roster thread. I think this is one of the very best forums on this site when it comes to discussions, and that's thanks in no small part to our mods, and the threads they have set up.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    I don't get why Daniel keeps bringing everything off topic in threads. This is the thread made to discuss the Wide Reciever position in the NFL for our team The Minnesota Vikings. Our discussion should follow Jerome Simpson, Percy Harvin, Devin Aromashodu, Manny arceneaux, Stephen burton, Michael jenkins, Jarius Wright, Greg Child's, Kerry Taylor, a.j. love, Bryan Walters or the signing of a FA or a WR off the waiver wire. How hard really can it be to keep on topic?

Sorry if I sound like a *** hole but this guy doesn't get it.

vCash
    Stephen Burton - WR - Vikings
    Aug 16 - 6:39 PM

Stephen Burton "appears to be the front-runner" for the Vikings' fifth receiver spot.

Fourth-rounder Jarius Wright is likely locked in, and Michael Jenkins' salary cut gives him a better chance to stick. Burton's primary competition could be former CFL star Emmanuel Arcenaux, who has improved more than any player WRs coach George Stewart has coached in 25 years. Kerry Taylor and Bryan Walters are also in the mix. Burton could end up starting for the suspended Jerome Simpson in Week 1 if he makes the team.
    Related: Kerry Taylor, Jarius Wright, Bryan Walters, Emmanuel Arceneaux

Source: St. Paul Pioneer Press
    http://www.rotoworld.com/default.aspx?rw=1

vCash
    I don't wanna see Burton or Arceneaux cut. I'd like to see both of them stay and they cut Jenkins... Just my .02 cents...

vCash
    I want to see Jarius Wright on the field a lot during those first three games.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AllDay775124 View Post
    I have been saying for a while that Manny deserved a chance. Without sounding like a douche I know Manny personally and how hard he has worked this off season. People wouldn't give me the time of day though when I brought up he was gonna make the team and make an impact.... Damn I can't wait till the real season starts
    He seems to be a really cool dude from what I've read/seen. He even made a highlight video of himself using his 22-film tape and posted it on youtube! I'm rooting for him.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast