Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should we look at as a WR who can step up and contribute to our offense?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Manny Arceneaux

4 12.50%
  • Devin Aromashodu

3 9.38%
  • Stephen Burton

10 31.25%
  • Michael Jenkins

2 6.25%
  • Kamar Jorden

0 0%
  • A.J. Love

0 0%
  • Kerry Taylor

1 3.13%
  • Bryan Walters

0 0%
  • Jarius Wright

6 18.75%
  • Sign Plaxico Burress

5 15.63%
  • Trade a top draft pick to the Steelers for Mike Wallace

6 18.75%
  • Trade a top draft pick to the Chiefs for Dwayne Bowe

7 21.88%
  • Trade a later pick to the Titans for Kenny Britt

2 6.25%
  • Sign Mike Williams

1 3.13%
  • Pick up a player off-waivers

2 6.25%
  • Roll with who we've got

4 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Michael Jenkins - WR - Vikings

ESPN 1500 Twin Cities reports Michael Jenkins recently agreed to slash his $2.5 million salary to $1 million.
    "Molasses Mike" saw the writing on the wall. Per beat writer Tom Pelissero, Jenkins also agreed to cut his $2.5 million 2013 salary to $825,000. The 60 percent pay-cut coupled with rookie Greg Childs' season-ending injury could be enough to secure Jenkins' 2012 roster spot, but it's doubtful he'll be back in 2013. Jenkins is Rotoworld's No. 104 receiver.
    rotoworld

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Atleast he's being smart, thank you Jenkins, much more worth it now

vCash
    Ya exactly...I'm sure it sucked to take the paycut but there is a good chance he wouldn't have gotten an offer anytime soon else where. Smart move Jenk and I appreciate it for sure.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    Go Vikings!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    Atleast he's being smart, thank you Jenkins, much more worth it now
    Yep, we still don't know how things will shake out for final cuts but this is a step in the right direction, the FO/Coaching staff should know well enough that Jenkins isn't going to be a starter, and now they're not paying him like one.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    I have changed my mind, I think we should give Chad Johnson a look. Could not hurt anything to give him a try, I think what miami did to him was ********.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ellesmeire View Post
    I have changed my mind, I think we should give Chad Johnson a look. Could not hurt anything to give him a try, I think what miami did to him was ********.
    Nah I'd still have to disagree there. Ochocinco/whatever the **** you want to call him now would probably bring more drama than anything else to this team. We could use a WR but with all due respect he looked pretty ****** with the fins and had trouble learning their play book. Again he's another guy who would probably take a while to put on the field, there's not much of camp left and again you have to give him reps over some young guys. I don't believe that any of these old guys can magically come here and revive their careers. Best case scenario even if he plays good for a year, we still need a new starting WR next year.

Even if Burton or any of those guys don't amount to much, I'd rather see the coaches try to bring them along. Best case we find a young starter who will mature along with the rest of our young team, worst case we have to draft another guy.

On an unrelated note, I can't help but wonder what ATL would want for Roddy White. I know he's an integral part of their offense, but Julio Jones is coming on really strong and Roddy is probably going to end up playing 2nd fiddle to him. He is 30 though so there's probably going to be a drop off in his performance within the next 3 years but he'd also be a guy who should have an easy time getting on the same page as musgrave.

Edit:
    Chad Johnson - WR - Dolphins
    Tuesday's episode of Hard Knocks revealed that Chad Johnson was struggling to pick up the Dolphins offense, just as he did last year in New England.
    Asked if his receivers could play all positions, coach Joe Philbin replied, "Well, most of them ... You know, the big knock on [Johnson] when he came here was he couldn't pick up the system." A peak inside one film session showed all three QBs shaking their heads because Johnson didn't know where to go. He may have been running with the starters in camp, but Johnson was far from guaranteed a roster spot even if he hadn't been arrested last weekend. The episode won't sit well with potential suitors.
    rotoworld
    Last edited by 100%CHEESE FREE; 08-15-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Michael Jenkins - WR - Vikings

rotoworld
    I really don't think he had a choice. If we cut him, his days in the NFL are over. The guy provides little to nothing to this team or any other team in the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    I really don't think he had a choice. If we cut him, his days in the NFL are over. The guy provides little to nothing to this team or any other team in the league.
    Yup, just like the lame ducks that are left in FA. The advantage that this duck has is that he's already here, is familiar with our offense and QB and is now getting paid lame duck money. He's basically this year's Greg Camarillo, although I really hope we use him better than we did Camarillo. He's a big slow possession WR. He can have some limited value to us on short routes though, especially if we try to send Rudy deep instead.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    I agree.

I don't think people understand just how bad of options (besides Havin and Simpson and Rudolph) We have at WR.

What a joke. C'mon Vikings fans! are you seriously telling me we are ok here?

our safties are just as weak as our WR's are.
    it's really sad. I watched our first preseason game again last night and was just pissed at what depth we have. TE, QB, C, CB, OLB, and RTDT, are set up with good depth.
    SS-Harrison smith..then who?
    FS-? nothing
    MLB- Brinkley should be the depth (need to go back to E.J.)
    LTDT- Really need a big plug here, not two Kevin Williams type guys. already have Ballard, Guion, and now Guyton.
    DE- having Griffen back to full time helps Allen, But Robinson needs Ballard or Guyton behind him. Reed would make an ok OLB in a 3-4.
    LT- Kalil.. then who?
    LG- Johnson, then who?
    RG- Fussco better kick it in gear or the schwartz will have it.
    RT- Loadholt then Love. Not bad, but Love is always hurt and Loadholt better play well all year, cause after him right now is Brown or Schwartz. Brown needs cut today!!!!!
    HB- Good shape
    FB- Good shape

We are not looking good at all.
    Ya, First preseason game, C'mon MAN!!!!
    Is this really our team for the year?
    There is so much work to be done and our coaches themselves have not stepped up and looked for better depth.

D'Imperio, a.j love, Karmar jordan, Shuler, Murphy, Holmes, Buche, Brown,
    all need to go on offence

on D: Frampton, Sanford, Felder, Stroud, Baker, Charleston, Mckenzie, Owusu, Jacobs, all need the boot and retool.

It's so broke, that it's not even funny.

None of those guys except maybe Sanford has potential.
    Putting any of those guys in the game is to me just a body to stand there and do nothing.
    I mean who is bringing in these crappy guys?
    Spielman! C'mon man! you did well in the draft and FA, but Coaches! Start compianing, grow some balls, and tell Fraiser you need better people. Stop trying to make what you have work.
    We never have good development guys unless we get them in the first or second round it seems.

Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel0227 View Post
    I agree.

I don't think people understand just how bad of options (besides Havin and Simpson and Rudolph) We have at WR.

What a joke. C'mon Vikings fans! are you seriously telling me we are ok here?

our safties are just as weak as our WR's are.
    it's really sad. I watched our first preseason game again last night and was just pissed at what depth we have. TE, QB, C, CB, OLB, and RTDT, are set up with good depth.
    SS-Harrison smith..then who?
    FS-? nothing
    MLB- Brinkley should be the depth (need to go back to E.J.)
    LTDT- Really need a big plug here, not two Kevin Williams type guys. already have Ballard, Guion, and now Guyton.
    DE- having Griffen back to full time helps Allen, But Robinson needs Ballard or Guyton behind him. Reed would make an ok OLB in a 3-4.
    LT- Kalil.. then who?
    LG- Johnson, then who?
    RG- Fussco better kick it in gear or the schwartz will have it.
    RT- Loadholt then Love. Not bad, but Love is always hurt and Loadholt better play well all year, cause after him right now is Brown or Schwartz. Brown needs cut today!!!!!
    HB- Good shape
    FB- Good shape

We are not looking good at all.
    Ya, First preseason game, C'mon MAN!!!!
    Is this really our team for the year?
    There is so much work to be done and our coaches themselves have not stepped up and looked for better depth.

D'Imperio, a.j love, Karmar jordan, Shuler, Murphy, Holmes, Buche, Brown,
    all need to go on offence

on D: Frampton, Sanford, Felder, Stroud, Baker, Charleston, Mckenzie, Owusu, Jacobs, all need the boot and retool.

It's so broke, that it's not even funny.

None of those guys except maybe Sanford has potential.
    Putting any of those guys in the game is to me just a body to stand there and do nothing.
    I mean who is bringing in these crappy guys?
    Spielman! C'mon man! you did well in the draft and FA, but Coaches! Start compianing, grow some balls, and tell Fraiser you need better people. Stop trying to make what you have work.
    We never have good development guys unless we get them in the first or second round it seems.

You're going way off topic here since this is just supposed to be about WRs Dan. I'd like to discuss this but not in this thread.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    You're going way off topic here since this is just supposed to be about WRs Dan. I'd like to discuss this but not in this thread.
    Still ties into our WR situation. The problem with our WR situation is DEPTH.

Along with alomost every other possition on the team.

We are in a building mode ya, but the thing that bothers me with the Vikings and always have, has been finding good depth.

Spielman and crew did a good job in the draft, but so far moving forward, I just hate the depth we have. Not only at WR, but as I pointed out, in so many areas.

Not many stand outs. WR or where ever else.
    Last edited by Daniel0227; 08-15-2012 at 12:07 PM.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel0227 View Post
    Still ties into our WR situation. The problem with our WR situation is DEPTH.

Along with alomost every other possition on the team.

We are in a building mode ya, but the thing that bothers me with the Vikings and always have, has been finding good depth.

Spielman and crew did a good job in the draft, but so far moving forward, I just hate the depth we have. Not only at WR, but as I pointed out, in so many areas.

Not many stand outs. WR or where ever else.
    You listed almost every position on the roster and talked about how bad most of our 2nd string players are. That's off topic and has NOTHING to do with the WR situation at all.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    I wouldnt be against the Vikings bringing in Chad Johnson for a 1 year min. deal with some incentive increase. Basically sell it to him that this is the last chance he will have at the NFL unless he shapes up and shows what he has.

Then if he still doesnt work well, put in effort, or just doesnt gell with the team. We let him go with no hurt to us.

I just think we need to bring someone in to compete with these young kids, some for competition but mainly because our WRs looked terrible against the 49ers.... everyone was dropping balls or not catching those difficult but catchable footballs.

I guess i just would like to see a little more aggressiveness from our coaching staff on figuring out that position (whatever that is)

Ultimately it doesnt really matter too much because obviously we are not a playoff team and so i can see giving the young kids lots of reps too....

vCash
    Jeff Demps is available and would be a project but could help on returns and maybe turn into a Harvin type down the road. Definitly a burner but would have to be a slot guy. Like Harvin played RB/WR in past.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast