Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should we look at as a WR who can step up and contribute to our offense?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Manny Arceneaux

4 12.50%
  • Devin Aromashodu

3 9.38%
  • Stephen Burton

10 31.25%
  • Michael Jenkins

2 6.25%
  • Kamar Jorden

0 0%
  • A.J. Love

0 0%
  • Kerry Taylor

1 3.13%
  • Bryan Walters

0 0%
  • Jarius Wright

6 18.75%
  • Sign Plaxico Burress

5 15.63%
  • Trade a top draft pick to the Steelers for Mike Wallace

6 18.75%
  • Trade a top draft pick to the Chiefs for Dwayne Bowe

7 21.88%
  • Trade a later pick to the Titans for Kenny Britt

2 6.25%
  • Sign Mike Williams

1 3.13%
  • Pick up a player off-waivers

2 6.25%
  • Roll with who we've got

4 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    No we are not one player away,,,I dont know from what, but we aren't one player away from going undefeated and winning the superbowl. We could be one player away from winning 2 to 3 more games just because of their difference making, I peg us a 6 to 7 wins this season so yea that one player could bring us to 9 to 10 wins,,thats playoffs in the NFC these days, and the playoffs are honestly all you can wish for in the NFL.

Just a chance to try to get to the Superbowl, is what we should always shoot for and we could easily be a low Wildcard team with our schedule and Roster. Once your in the Playoffs anything can happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    Well the Pats are working out Burress.....but what would their Head Coach know about talent, Right......I think we missed our window, I agree with giving our younger guys some time and reps but I also agree with making you team better anyway you can, thats why I accepted bringing in our most hated rival Favre to play for us.....I think it worked out good for us and so will Plaxico.
    They worked him out to see if he was worth keeping tabs on as a guy to sign if someone gets hurt. They worked out Clinton Portis for the same reason last year, how did that work out?

If you expect Plaxico Burress to come in and be a productive member of this team you've got another thing coming. His presence on this team will do SFA to fix our problems we're having at WR.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    No we are not one player away,,,I dont know from what, but we aren't one player away from going undefeated and winning the superbowl. We could be one player away from winning 2 to 3 more games just because of their difference making, I peg us a 6 to 7 wins this season so yea that one player could bring us to 9 to 10 wins,,thats playoffs in the NFC these days, and the playoffs are honestly all you can wish for in the NFL.

Just a chance to try to get to the Superbowl, is what we should always shoot for and we could easily be a low Wildcard team with our schedule and Roster. Once your in the Playoffs anything can happen.
    Having Plaxico is going to win us 3-4 more games?

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chrism516 View Post
    Who are the Cowboys going to cut? Behind Bryant and Austin they have no depth at all. Thats why there have been rumors of them looking at Plax and T.O.
    They are trying to figure out who their #3 guy is and its going to come down to Ogletree, Radway or Andre Holmes. I wouldn't be too jazzed about Ogletree but Radway and Holmes are very fast for their size, Radway would have made their team last year if he didn't break his leg. Holmes went to camp with us last year, but is having issues catching the ball, I'd still be more than willing to take a chance on him on our final roster though.

I would take ANY of those three guys over Plaxico Burress because they are younger, faster and have potential to grow into decent players, which would be very helpful in another year or so when we're going to be on the upswing of this rebuild. The only thing Plax might potentially be doing is giving a retirement speech.

What some of you guys are not getting in here is that Plaxico Burress is not going to be a starting WR on this team. If he is, all I can say is I hope most of you still have old style CRT TVs because they react better to empty beer bottles than the new flat screens do (don't ask me how I know this).

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    So Lee Evans and Chad Johnson were both cut today, and I hope we don't have anything to do with either of them. Evans used to be a deep threat but he doesn't have anything left, and Johnson (who up until this point hadn't gotten into trouble off the field) just flushed his career after what went on with his wife. No place for a guy like that here, even if he had a little something left. Its also a huge red light that both of these teams arguably have even worse situations than we do at WR yet these guys were cut anyways.

Chad Johnson - WR - Dolphins
    Dolphins released WR Chad Johnson.
    This is probably it for Chad in the NFL. Released following a domestic violence arrest wherein he was accused of headbutting his wife, Johnson's one-year deal included no guaranteed money and the Dolphins are off the hook for that contract. While Johnson still has NFL-caliber quickness, his downfield separation skills have evaporated and he's too much of a locker-room liability for any team to seriously consider at age 34. Johnson's release leaves behind Davone Bess, Legedu Naanee, Roberto Wallace, and injured Brian Hartline as Miami's top four wide receivers. We like what we've seen of rookie Ryan Tannehill so far, but any quarterback would struggle throwing to that group.
    Rotoworld

Lee Evans - WR - Jaguars
    Coach Mike Mularkey explained that the Jaguars released Lee Evans Sunday because he can't play like he used to.
    "He's not the same player obviously and that's normally the case when you're nine years out of it," Mularkey said, adding that he wouldn't be surprised if Evans retired. "He's just struggling getting in and out of breaks and I think he felt the same way." Father Time appears to have caught up with Evans at age 31.
    Lee Evans - WR - Jaguars
    Jaguars released WR Lee Evans.
    The Jags will eat a $250,000 signing bonus paid to Evans in April. They're off the hook for the remainder of his one-year, $1.5 million deal. Evans was a somewhat surprising scratch for Jacksonville's Friday night preseason opener, and it was because he was deemed no longer useful enough to carry through training camp. Evans may have reached the end of the line in his NFL career. The 31-year-old would have made the Jaguars if he could still play.
    Rotoworld
    Last edited by 100%CHEESE FREE; 08-12-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    I choose Burton, None of those FA's interest me.

Out of the three guys notable for trade (Britt, Wallace, and Bowe) i think the only realistic option would be Britt and i much rather not have him on the roster with his injuries and off field issues.

vCash
    I don't really see the Vikes in any hurry to make a roster move for a WR. This is a great year to find out what guys like Arceneaux, Wright, Love, Burton, and Aromashodu have got to offer. Obviously going into the season expectations are going to be low and young guys are going to get chances to play. I think Burton has the most intriguing potential of anyone on that list although it kills me that Childs got hurt. That guys has all the physical tools to be a solid wideout and a great red zone target for that fade route to the corner. Hiss knees have got to be destroyed though, not sure he ever takes a NFL snap.
    ]”Goaltending is a normal job, sure. How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and 15,000 people stood up and yelled at you.”

vCash
    obviously not for the first 3 games, but your poll is about who'll step up this season........yet nowhere in this thread does anyone mention the guy who, in theory, should be our top WR not named Percy- Jerome Simpson
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    obviously not for the first 3 games, but your poll is about who'll step up this season........yet nowhere in this thread does anyone mention the guy who, in theory, should be our top WR not named Percy- Jerome Simpson
    Jerome Simpson is a forgone conclusion, he would have to to be a failure of epic proportions to not be starting week 4.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    I think Percy will have a big season too once we get Simpson back because he will open up the field for Harvin with his speed and deep threat.
    ]”Goaltending is a normal job, sure. How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and 15,000 people stood up and yelled at you.”

vCash
    a 3rd and a 5th?
    Flat out stupid. If we are looking to trade Harvin, why not trade for bowe?
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Kyle Rudolph will be the 2nd leading receiver, on any given play simpson will be the 3rd read, I feel more comfortable losing him for 3 games given that.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    Pats aren’t expected to sign Plaxico

Adam Schefter of ESPN reported on Sunday that receiver Plaxico Burress would be working out with the Patriots.

Adam Schefter of ESPN now reports that, in the wake of the Sunday workout, the Patriots don’t plan to sign Plaxico.

And so the man who helped beat the Patriots in Super Bowl XLII (due in part to the Pats’ failure to double-team Burress for the game-winning touchdown pass) will continue to look for a job.

Maybe the Dolphins finally will be interested. After all, they have a vacancy. And the only person he ever got in trouble for assaulting was himself.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...xico/#comments

Why am I not surprised? I want to spend a little time and talk about why I don't want the guy here.

Lots of you guys on here are still thinking about the guy with stars in your eyes as if he's still the same player that won the Giants the Super Bowl in 2007. He isn't.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co.../gamelog/2011/
    Other than one game where he scored 3 red zone TDs he put up pretty bland numbers. It comes down to two things.

#1 Age (and what its done to his speed)
    If Burress is brought to this team he is not even going to be a bandaid for our problem at WR. If we try to use him as a starter it won't be pretty, the guy just doesn't have the speed anymore to get away from anyone.

#2 Effect on the team
    In order for him (or any other veteran) to actually learn our offense they will be taking snaps away from (and therefore stunting the growth) of the young WRs on this team, some of whom might actually have some hope of a future with this team beyond this year (Plaxico does not).

I don't have anything against Plaxico (I really don't like Terrell Owens though and I would't have wanted him on this team just for the simple fact that he is Terrell Owens). He was a bit of a headache for Coughlin during his time with the Giants (and I'm even talking about before the whole weapons arrest thing) but I really don't think its fair that he spent 2 years in prison for what happened when you look at what some other guys get away with (then again he could have plea-bargained so I guess a bit of that is on him). I wouldn't even really worry about him too much in our locker room. Some things leaked out from him about the Jets but that was after he left the team.

What it boils down to for me is that while Plaxico is not a bad guy, I think he would be little more than a waste of time for this team, i.e. his contribution towards what we will be able to do this year won't be worth the reps he's going to need in what's left of camp, I'd much rather see those same reps to go Burton. I doubt Burton will ever have the career Plaxico had, but I'd rather bet on him since he has a future ahead of him.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Having Plaxico is going to win us 3-4 more games?
    First off read what I said,,,2 to 3 and yea I believe having a Tall Target like him would be a perfect compliment to Simpson and Harvin, both of which are speedy and can be deep threats.

Maybe he just didn't fit what the Pats need or are doing, but they brought him in and I say we should. If he get brought in here we will sign him.

vCash
    First off read what I said,,,2 to 3 and yea I believe having a Tall Target like him would be a perfect compliment to Simpson and Harvin, both of which are speedy and can be deep threats.

Maybe he just didn't fit what the Pats need or are doing, but they brought him in and I say we should. If he get brought in here we will sign him.
    I did read what you said You said that we could be one player away from getting 9-10 wins instead of 6-7. Plaxico Burress is not going to be that difference maker for this team.

So far since free agency began he hasn't fit with what ANYONE needs or is doing, which explains why most of what you've been hearing is teams saying no they're not interested. Philly, Pittsburgh, Miami, Dallas (who later said they'd consider him if there was an injury) never even worked him out and it was pretty evident from the beginning (they are loaded up at WR right now) that he was just being looked at for their emergency call list in case of injury.

We don't have a pressing need in the redzone (who led the NFL in redzone efficiency last year?) GETTING to the redzone is a different story. We need a passing game that's going to minimize the # of stalled drives we have so we can actually move down the field and score points. Plaxico Burress is not going to help us do that, and if he sees field time/practice reps its going to take away field time/practice reps from guys who just might, like Burton.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast