Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should we look at as a WR who can step up and contribute to our offense?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Manny Arceneaux

4 12.50%
  • Devin Aromashodu

3 9.38%
  • Stephen Burton

10 31.25%
  • Michael Jenkins

2 6.25%
  • Kamar Jorden

0 0%
  • A.J. Love

0 0%
  • Kerry Taylor

1 3.13%
  • Bryan Walters

0 0%
  • Jarius Wright

6 18.75%
  • Sign Plaxico Burress

5 15.63%
  • Trade a top draft pick to the Steelers for Mike Wallace

6 18.75%
  • Trade a top draft pick to the Chiefs for Dwayne Bowe

7 21.88%
  • Trade a later pick to the Titans for Kenny Britt

2 6.25%
  • Sign Mike Williams

1 3.13%
  • Pick up a player off-waivers

2 6.25%
  • Roll with who we've got

4 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Terrance Toliver wouldn't be a bad guy to take a look at. 6'5 and ran a 4.5 40 coming out of college. Probably won't get much of a chance on the Lions.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    I've read Steve Smith (of the Rams) has looked like his old self this off season but there's a chance he might get cut. If he does he would be worth a look.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    I like what I saw from Stephen Burton, at least for the first three games. It is idiotic to go after anyone else.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    Bowe all the way!!!!
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Here's a tweet from a unreliable source

@incarceratedbob: **UPDATED NFL RUMOR**Source: Jets are still pursuing Vikings WR Harvin & have made an initial offer (3rdRD Pick + Cond 5th) no response yet

Desean "Jet" Jackson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNation24 View Post
    Here's a tweet from a unreliable source

@incarceratedbob: **UPDATED NFL RUMOR**Source: Jets are still pursuing Vikings WR Harvin & have made an initial offer (3rdRD Pick + Cond 5th) no response yet
    Why would we just give up one of our best players, he is one of the most explosive guys in football. I would have to say you give us a 1st and we will give you Harvin and a 5th rnd pick but even then that makes me sick to my stomach cause Harvin is what you try to hopefully find in the 1st round and rarely do so I still say Hellllllll NOOOOOOOOOO

vCash
    incarceratedbob

vCash
    none of our receivers can catch in traffic besides harvin....that is not good

Burton dropped a 1st down cus he heard footsteps as well as mike Jenkins dropping that absolute dime Ponder put on him on the 5 yard line which would have set up a 1st and goal....i'll say it time in and time out Plaxico can really help this team!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    none of our receivers can catch in traffic besides harvin....that is not good

Burton dropped a 1st down cus he heard footsteps as well as mike Jenkins dropping that absolute dime Ponder put on him on the 5 yard line which would have set up a 1st and goal....i'll say it time in and time out Plaxico can really help this team!!!!!!!
    All the reason for us to Trade Harvin to the Jets....Lol what are these people thinking.

I am all for Plaxico 100%...Ive preached his name since he was a Steeler.

vCash
    I would love to see plaxico at this point. I really don't understand why the hell everyone is saying wait and see who gets cut... Do WE REALLY THINK WELL FIND A STARTING WR digging through the rest of leagues garbage cans?
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    I would love to see plaxico at this point. I really don't understand why the hell everyone is saying wait and see who gets cut... Do WE REALLY THINK WELL FIND A STARTING WR digging through the rest of leagues garbage cans?
    Nope, but we can probably find a better WR than Plaxico. Both the Packers and the Cowboys are probably going to cut better WRs than Burress this year. Once again, there is a reason he has hung around so long is free agency. The Pats (who are pretty much crammed to the top with WRs) are working him out today, likely just to see if he's good enough to put on their emergency injury rolodex.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash

you guys are crazy!

For once it actually feels like the viking have a direction of building through the draft and not finding aged veterans who give us a 1 year fix. Why would you want plaxico? Why not let people develop? I completely agree that we need a true #1 WR but giving up percy harvin is about as dumb as giving your whole draft away to draft ricky williams. Our o-line is much improved since last year lets let ponder sling it and watch these young guys make plays so we can see what we have then address it through the draft!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Nope, but we can probably find a better WR than Plaxico. Both the Packers and the Cowboys are probably going to cut better WRs than Burress this year. Once again, there is a reason he has hung around so long is free agency. The Pats (who are pretty much crammed to the top with WRs) are working him out today, likely just to see if he's good enough to put on their emergency injury rolodex.
    Who are the Cowboys going to cut? Behind Bryant and Austin they have no depth at all. Thats why there have been rumors of them looking at Plax and T.O.

vCash
    Well the Pats are working out Burress.....but what would their Head Coach know about talent, Right......I think we missed our window, I agree with giving our younger guys some time and reps but I also agree with making you team better anyway you can, thats why I accepted bringing in our most hated rival Favre to play for us.....I think it worked out good for us and so will Plaxico.

vCash
    Don't expect any WR changes for a couple of weeks and then during the final cutdowns there should be some "decent" options there. Not sure who they will be but it will come more apparent as we get closer. Jenkins was aful last year and looks bad again - not sure what the point is there. We will be fine. Can't see us getting a big name guy as would cost us to much and we are not "one player" away.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast