Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should we look at as a WR who can step up and contribute to our offense?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Manny Arceneaux

4 12.50%
  • Devin Aromashodu

3 9.38%
  • Stephen Burton

10 31.25%
  • Michael Jenkins

2 6.25%
  • Kamar Jorden

0 0%
  • A.J. Love

0 0%
  • Kerry Taylor

1 3.13%
  • Bryan Walters

0 0%
  • Jarius Wright

6 18.75%
  • Sign Plaxico Burress

5 15.63%
  • Trade a top draft pick to the Steelers for Mike Wallace

6 18.75%
  • Trade a top draft pick to the Chiefs for Dwayne Bowe

7 21.88%
  • Trade a later pick to the Titans for Kenny Britt

2 6.25%
  • Sign Mike Williams

1 3.13%
  • Pick up a player off-waivers

2 6.25%
  • Roll with who we've got

4 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    vCash
    I'm just throwing options out there. Shiancoe is a much better receiving threat than Ellison which, according to everyone around here, is what we need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    I'm just throwing options out there. Shiancoe is a much better receiving threat than Ellison which, according to everyone around here, is what we need.
    Maybe a few years ago but right now I doubt he could offer us more than Ellison. We need threats at the receiver position, were fine at tight end with Kyle Rudolph.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    We don't have Ellison on the team because he's a receiving threat though. As the 3rd string TE, he's mainly used for blocking, which is something he's much better than Shiancoe at.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    We don't have Ellison on the team because he's a receiving threat though. As the 3rd string TE, he's mainly used for blocking, which is something he's much better than Shiancoe at.
    It was a hypothetical for if we cut Carlson in the offseason.

vCash
    Darrius Heyward-Bey - WR - Raiders
    Dec 14 - 1:19 PM

Jerry McDonald of Bay Area News Group floats the idea of the Raiders making WRs Darrius Heyward-Bey, Denarius Moore, and Jacoby Ford available for draft picks this offseason.

The three receivers have three things in common: They all have well above average speed and athleticism, they were all drafted by the previous regime, and they have all have durability concerns. If rookie Rod Streater shows that the last two weeks were not a mirage, the Raiders may be even more inclined to listen to offers.

Source: Contra Costa Times
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football
    Any of these guys could definitely help us stretch the field. Not sure what type of picks they would want in return though.

vCash
    Jerome Simpson - WR - Vikings
    Coach Leslie Frazier indicated Jerome Simpson's back injury has "definitely" affected his play over the past two months.
    The injury's biggest impact has been in speed and the ability to plant coming in and out of breaks. "You can see he's not as crisp as he was before that injury," Frazier said. Quite frankly, Simpson has not been an NFL-caliber wide receiver since the weakness and numbness appeared in his lower leg back in early October.
    rotoworld

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    maybe we should just clone adrian peterson into a wide receiver.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tc80 View Post
    And a QB, LT,LG,RT,RG,RT,TE, FB, DE, DT, CB, S, LB.......That would be a DOMINATE team.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Back off on Ellison buddy!!!!

He is suppossed to be our new Kleinsasser, and Ellison can catch.

Besides, he was a late rounder.

Back off!!!!

vCash

LOL!!!!! I wish that was possible buddy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Darrius Heyward-Bey - WR - Raiders
    Dec 14 - 1:19 PM

Any of these guys could definitely help us stretch the field. Not sure what type of picks they would want in return though.
    I wouldn't mind throwing one of our extra 4th rounders at Heyward-Bey. I know the Raiders will think he is worth more since they drafted him so high, but he really isn't. He has only really had one decent year in 2011 with 975 yards and 4 TD's. Besides that, he has never really been much of a threat besides being able to run. Imo he is identical to Simpson with a higher ceiling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    And a QB, LT,LG,RT,RG,RT,TE, FB, DE, DT, CB, S, LB.......That would be a DOMINATE team.
    and maybe even Center

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvikingfan View Post
    LOL!!!!! I wish that was possible buddy.
    or use the best player in football since he was drafted as more then just a RB,,,How about a Screen..when we the last time you have seen the best RB in the sport get a Screen pass. Hell I would let him be a WR even on the plays he is suppose to take a play or two off. You would be a fool as a DC to not put atleast two guys on AP even at the WR position..if he just catches the ball he is going to throw the first guy to the ground with one hand and then what an easy 50 yrd TD...He should never leave the field even if he is taking a breather

vCash
    OH yea BTW our whole offensive coaching staff should be fired for wasting one of the best athletes in all of sports history to text book mythology of that a prototypical RB should do. He isn't even halfway done with his career and it already feels like Barry Sanders story. How can we not learn form the Lions mistake but we haven't...and AP is way better then Barry in a complete athletic way....He is a LB that can run like a small RB,,,it doesn't make sense.

vCash
    wont make any difference if ponder is throwing turnaround jump passes his way. AP had his guy beat by 5 yards down the sideline and ponder dialed up his best tjack fade away... jesus h

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast