Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should we look at as a WR who can step up and contribute to our offense?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Manny Arceneaux

4 12.50%
  • Devin Aromashodu

3 9.38%
  • Stephen Burton

10 31.25%
  • Michael Jenkins

2 6.25%
  • Kamar Jorden

0 0%
  • A.J. Love

0 0%
  • Kerry Taylor

1 3.13%
  • Bryan Walters

0 0%
  • Jarius Wright

6 18.75%
  • Sign Plaxico Burress

5 15.63%
  • Trade a top draft pick to the Steelers for Mike Wallace

6 18.75%
  • Trade a top draft pick to the Chiefs for Dwayne Bowe

7 21.88%
  • Trade a later pick to the Titans for Kenny Britt

2 6.25%
  • Sign Mike Williams

1 3.13%
  • Pick up a player off-waivers

2 6.25%
  • Roll with who we've got

4 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
    vCash
    Braylon Edwards - WR - Jets
    Dec 11 - 4:26 PM

Jets claimed WR Braylon Edwards off waivers from the Seahawks.

Stephen Hill's knee injury left the Jets thin in the passing game with Clyde Gates (concussion) and Dustin Keller (ankle) also sidelined. Edwards struggled to separate from defenders in posting just eight receptions for 74 yards over 10 games with the Seahawks. Seattle cited an injury in waiving Edwards, though he played just two days before the transaction. Edwards isn't worth adding in fantasy leagues.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football?rw=1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tc80 View Post
    youre talking for this season right? i would understand that than lol because we all know as fans and the coaches and front office should (well at least hopefully know) that we need a proven deep threat and 1st or 2nd round receiver for sure.
    Yeah meant this season. If we dont address WR in the offseason then everyone in the orginization should be fired and the team should be sold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugefan View Post
    WTF?!?!?!? Ya I'd say athletically he appears to be a freak of nature. Runs a decent 40. We don't usually find gems so I have to think this guy isn't really anything special but one can ****ing dream.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    on the startribune website they are talking about the *what if*on going after larry fitzgerald, realistically i think he could possibly take a hometown discount to come home, but i am dreaming though

vCash
    I would put money on if we brought in a guy like, Rivers or Palmer...he would really consider a home town discount....But so would Rivers or Palmer,,,it we had Fitz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    I would put money on if we brought in a guy like, Rivers or Palmer...he would really consider a home town discount....But so would Rivers or Palmer,,,it we had Fitz
    I doubt it. Fitz has said numerous times he wants to stay in Arizona. If he truly wanted to return home to Minnesota he wouldn't of signed that big deal in the first place.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I doubt it. Fitz has said numerous times he wants to stay in Arizona. If he truly wanted to return home to Minnesota he wouldn't of signed that big deal in the first place.
    I agree but things change fast and sometimes it isn't up to the player as much as they would like.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    well that is true, but there is a thing called *buyers remorse* i would at least imagine that he has a little regret, but he is such a class guy, he wont show his disappointment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    I agree but things change fast and sometimes it isn't up to the player as much as they would like.
    Quote Originally Posted by tc80 View Post
    well that is true, but there is a thing called *buyers remorse* i would at least imagine that he has a little regret, but he is such a class guy, he wont show his disappointment
    Maybe so but I just can't see us being willing to unload the amount of draft picks it would take to get him along with taking on his salary. Rick Spielman's plan has been to build through the draft and to target free agents coming off of their rookie contracts so I can't see Fitz fitting into the plans. I'd love to see him here as much as the next guy but I believe resigning Percy should be our #1 priority and then looking to the draft to find a talented receiver. I wouldn't be surprised if we pursued a free agent receiver but I can't see us investing a lot of money into Percy and another receiver. I forget where I read it but no team in the NFL has 2 wide receivers making 10+ million each. I don't see the Vikings becoming the first team to do that so I think that eliminates the Bowes and Wallaces of the world from signing here. I think we are more likely to go after a guy like Brandon Gibson or Ramses Barden and then draft somebody in round 1 or 2.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugefan View Post
    I like what I see but 1 I'm not sure if he will transition well to the NFL and 2 he is not the deep threat we need. He looks mor like Rudolph. So I guess it would be nice to have him as out other TE in the 2 TE set. A million times better than Carlson. So we could cut his worthless Arse.
    Hey coach. Do you have ANY idea what you are doing?
    Thats what I thought.

vCash
    Larry Fitzgerald - WR - Cardinals
    Dec 11 - 10:29 AM

Larry Fitzgerald said Monday he wants "to continue to play" for the Cardinals.

The woeful quarterback play in Arizona has led many to suggest Fitzgerald should demand a trade. That's not his style. Fitzgerald has never publicly criticized his quarterbacks even though they've targeted him 134 times this year and completed just 57 of those balls. Over the last four weeks, Fitz has totaled six catches for 67 yards and no touchdowns. He signed an eight-year, $120 million contract in 2011.

Source: Associated Press
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ll-player-news

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by logan44 View Post
    I like what I see but 1 I'm not sure if he will transition well to the NFL and 2 he is not the deep threat we need. He looks mor like Rudolph. So I guess it would be nice to have him as out other TE in the 2 TE set. A million times better than Carlson. So we could cut his worthless Arse.
    In terms of transitioning to the nfl, it's hard to say, but he did seem to run good routes and uses his hands to catch the ball. As to your second point, he doesn't have blazing speed, but then Troy Williamson did, we all know what happened there. We don't need someone to blow the top off the defense. What we need is someone who can easily get 15-20 yards down the field and can be relied on to go up and get the ball. This guy knows how to use his body. He also has the ability to fall forward after the catch and runs with power. Hard to find that. He also looked pretty good as a running back. I'm interested to see what he can do in the offseason. It's not unreasonable to think that he could at least be a faster Jenkins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by logan44 View Post
    If we cut ties with Carlson, we could always resign Shiancoe. He seems like he would be a much better compliment to Rudoplh than Carlson is and he would come at a much cheaper price. (He was just cut by the Patriots)

vCash
    No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    If we cut ties with Carlson, we could always resign Shiancoe. He seems like he would be a much better compliment to Rudoplh than Carlson is and he would come at a much cheaper price. (He was just cut by the Patriots)
    Zero chance we sign Shiancoe and I don't see the Vikings cutting Carlson either. If they do cut Carlson, Rhett Ellison becomes our full time #2 tight end.

- Mike Zimmer

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast