Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should we look at as a WR who can step up and contribute to our offense?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Manny Arceneaux

4 12.50%
  • Devin Aromashodu

3 9.38%
  • Stephen Burton

10 31.25%
  • Michael Jenkins

2 6.25%
  • Kamar Jorden

0 0%
  • A.J. Love

0 0%
  • Kerry Taylor

1 3.13%
  • Bryan Walters

0 0%
  • Jarius Wright

6 18.75%
  • Sign Plaxico Burress

5 15.63%
  • Trade a top draft pick to the Steelers for Mike Wallace

6 18.75%
  • Trade a top draft pick to the Chiefs for Dwayne Bowe

7 21.88%
  • Trade a later pick to the Titans for Kenny Britt

2 6.25%
  • Sign Mike Williams

1 3.13%
  • Pick up a player off-waivers

2 6.25%
  • Roll with who we've got

4 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thechom80 View Post
    I don't know much about him, but what came of the Chris Summers workout?? He has good size at 6-5 215 and had some big yardage grabs for the Bears before being cut.
    Nice!

vCash
    Apparently we signed Summers to the practice squad... Link

vCash
    Well with Harvin out I dont think there is any doubt that we have the worst WRing core in the NFL....

vCash
    No doubt about it...

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Hey I have a brilliant idea! Let's trade a 3rd round pick to the 49ers for Randy Moss!

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Hey I have a brilliant idea! Let's trade a 3rd round pick to the 49ers for Randy Moss!
    I personally would rather trade for Manningham.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    I personally would rather trade for Manningham.
    I was being sarcastic

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Remember when Simpson was going to be our deep threat?
    Remember when Jarius Wright had that great 1st game?

yeah, good times......

as soon as Childs went down, the Vikings should have been looking to bring someone in...someone that can actually get open....hell, I'd take TO over Jenkins at this point
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    So we'll soon see how seriously the front office is taking all of this with Harvin being out for the year. If they think we have a shot at the play-offs expect to hear them bringing guys in for workouts today and tomorrow. If not, expect to hear about them activating Chris Summers from the practice squad, or even somebody that's not a WR that they just don't want to risk on the practice squad this late in the season (don't forget this is the time where teams who are packing it in for the year start signing guys off of other team's squads, we do it often enough).

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    So we'll soon see how seriously the front office is taking all of this with Harvin being out for the year. If they think we have a shot at the play-offs expect to hear them bringing guys in for workouts today and tomorrow. If not, expect to hear about them activating Chris Summers from the practice squad, or even somebody that's not a WR that they just don't want to risk on the practice squad this late in the season (don't forget this is the time where teams who are packing it in for the year start signing guys off of other team's squads, we do it often enough).
    Honestly I doubt we make a move at all. We likely will leave a roster spot open until Cook comes back.

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    We defiantly need a deep threat. AP has been killing it. Imagine how much better it could be if we had a deep threat to stretch the field opening it up for AP, percy and Rudolph. If we had a deep threat it would open up so much for the dynamic playmakers we already have now. Should be a priority this offseason in my eyes.

vCash
    Armon Binns - WR - Free Agent

Bengals waive WR Armon Binns.
    This is a huge fall for Binns, who opened the season as a starter and served in that role in five of the Bengals' first six games. Since then, he's played just 17 snaps and hasn't caught a pass. Binns has 18 receptions for 210 yards and a touchdown on the season.
    rotoworld

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    If we had just a No 1 WR teams respected along with Harvin...AP would rush for 2500 yrds I have no doubt about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    If we had just a No 1 WR teams respected along with Harvin...AP would rush for 2500 yrds I have no doubt about it.
    We don't even need someone great for other teams to respect, we need someone who's up to the job, we don't have that right now. Simpson has dropped almost every chance he's been given and Jenkins isn't fast enough to escape his man. There are lots of WRs in the NFL who could do better.

Even though he's a far from ideal fit because of his small size, they have to give one of these guys' jobs to Wright, at least he's shown something in the past few weeks. What sucks most of all though is that the guy who's paying for Wright's emergence is Devin Aromashodu. Aromashodu has basically shown that he's at best a rotational guy, he should be getting some starts this year due to the underperformance we're seeing from our starters.

Wright and Aromashodu are the only two who have anything going for them. Jenkins good hands are negated by his slow legs, and Simpson is just a trainwreck right now, I think that there's still something wrong with his back.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    ok guys watch for this now

we will sign summers today nd he will be big for us 2morow nd criistian ponder will lok like drew brees 2morow with summers going for 150 2td he will be a star in the making. i think he will have a victor cruz's kind of story so watch pout guys if not thins week than nxt week watch outi can see it happen.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast