Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should we look at as a WR who can step up and contribute to our offense?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Manny Arceneaux

4 12.50%
  • Devin Aromashodu

3 9.38%
  • Stephen Burton

10 31.25%
  • Michael Jenkins

2 6.25%
  • Kamar Jorden

0 0%
  • A.J. Love

0 0%
  • Kerry Taylor

1 3.13%
  • Bryan Walters

0 0%
  • Jarius Wright

6 18.75%
  • Sign Plaxico Burress

5 15.63%
  • Trade a top draft pick to the Steelers for Mike Wallace

6 18.75%
  • Trade a top draft pick to the Chiefs for Dwayne Bowe

7 21.88%
  • Trade a later pick to the Titans for Kenny Britt

2 6.25%
  • Sign Mike Williams

1 3.13%
  • Pick up a player off-waivers

2 6.25%
  • Roll with who we've got

4 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Danny Coale - WR - Cowboys
    Aug 30 - 4:31 PM

Cowboys waived WR Danny Coale.

By the time the fifth-rounder overcame foot and quad injuries, he had fallen too far behind Kevin Ogletree, Dwayne Harris, Cole Beasley and Andre Holmes. The undrafted Beasley has been a more promising slot prospect this summer.

Source: Josh Ellis on Twitter
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...yer-news/?rw=1
    Looks like they might be keeping Holmes.

vCash
    I don't know much about him, but what came of the Chris Summers workout?? He has good size at 6-5 215 and had some big yardage grabs for the Bears before being cut.

vCash
    Reggie Wells - G - Packers
    Packers released or waived G Reggie Wells, C Sampson Genus, C/G Tommie Draheim, T Andrew Datko, T Shea Allard and TE Brandon Bostick.
    The journeyman Wells lasts just three weeks on the roster. Meanwhile, rumors are flying that the Packers have cut intriguing wideout prospects Tori Gurley and Diondre Borel. Both would make for interesting additions to receiver-needy teams.
    rotoworld

Dale Moss has also been cut too.
    Last edited by 100%CHEESE FREE; 08-31-2012 at 12:24 PM.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Ok so you can add Mardy Gilyard and Tory Gurley to the list of guys who have been waived.

The Dolphins cut BJ Cunningham, Jeff Fuller and Clyde Gates too but if the fins don't want them why should we?
    Last edited by 100%CHEESE FREE; 08-31-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    So Dion Branch was cut too but I'd still rather see Gaffney over Branch or Stallworth. I doubt we pursue any of them though.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    I heard Marvin Mcnutt got cut as well? Eagles don't use big receivers in their offense I would take him Harvin underneath Simpson deep ball Mcnutt for blcoking and slants
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 08-31-2012 at 03:08 PM.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Marvin McNutt - WR - Eagles
    Aug 31 - 1:53 PM

Eagles waived WR Marvin McNutt, G/C Steve Vallos, S Phillip Thomas and FB Emil Igewanagu.

McNutt's release is a sign that the Eagles are confident in Riley Cooper's (collarbone) status for Week 1. They will roll with Cooper and possibly undrafted rook Damaris Johnson behind Jeremy Maclin, DeSean Jackson and Jason Avant. McNutt is a practice squad candidate.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football?rw=1

Tori Gurley - WR - Packers
    Aug 31 - 12:27 PM

Packers waived WR Tori Gurley.

Teams in need of wideout help should have their ears perked up. Gurley was a darling of the practice squad last season and the offseason program this year. The 6'4/232 South Carolina product was simply buried in the Packers' deep receiving corps.

Source: Rob Demovsky on Twitter
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football?rw=1
    We really need to bring in at least one of these guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Marvin McNutt - WR - Eagles
    Aug 31 - 1:53 PM

Tori Gurley - WR - Packers
    Aug 31 - 12:27 PM

We really need to bring in at least one of these guys.
    For sure they will be filling Jenkins role, although I do think in the short term Jenkins would be more effective (its going take the better part of the next three weeks for whoever we pickup to learn the offense, unless we just limit them to a basic package of plays) but for the long term their outlook would be much brighter.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    For sure they will be filling Jenkins role, although I do think in the short term Jenkins would be more effective (its going take the better part of the next three weeks for whoever we pickup to learn the offense, unless we just limit them to a basic package of plays) but for the long term their outlook would be much brighter.
    We are rebuilding. Hence the youth movement this team has been going through in the offseason. Both of those WRs have a thousand times the upside Jenkins has. It should be a no brainer for our front office and everyone involved with the Vikings.

vCash
    We are rebuilding. Hence the youth movement this team has been going through in the offseason. Both of those WRs have a thousand times the upside Jenkins has. It should be a no brainer for our front office and everyone involved with the Vikings.
    Yeah, but right now Jenkins is a turn key guy for this offense, any of these new guys will have a break in period, which will just so happen to be while we're also without Simpson. I wouldn't be surprised if we cut someone like Aromashodu or Arceneaux in favor of any new guy we bring in and cut Jenkins later on once Simpson is back.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Kris Durham - WR - Seahawks
    Seahawks waived WR Kris Durham.
    Durham was a fourth-round pick in 2011 that spent most of his rookie year on IR due to a shoulder injury. He's just a big body at 6'6/216.
    rotoworld

another big WR to add to the list. Buyers market for sure.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Yeah, but right now Jenkins is a turn key guy for this offense, any of these new guys will have a break in period, which will just so happen to be while we're also without Simpson. I wouldn't be surprised if we cut someone like Aromashodu or Arceneaux in favor of any new guy we bring in and cut Jenkins later on once Simpson is back.
    Who cares about right now? This entire offseason has been about building for the future. The organization did all but admit that we don't care about this season. Should our front office and coaches draw the line with an aging under achieving slow WR in Jenkins? I could see us cutting a guy like Arceneaux but after what Aromashodu did last night I just don't see it. The obvious choice to me would be to cut Jenkins.

vCash
    Who cares about right now? This entire offseason has been about building for the future. The organization did all but admit that we don't care about this season. Should our front office and coaches draw the line with an aging under achieving slow WR in Jenkins? I could see us cutting a guy like Arceneaux but after what Aromashodu did last night I just don't see it. The obvious choice to me would be to cut Jenkins.
    Leslie Frazier? These first three games are going to be important, especially if he wants to stay off the hot seat (I doubt Zygi would fire him if we go 0-3, but if this happens he will become increasingly unpopular with the fans). If we cut Jenkins (who, by the looks of how he was used in the pre-season has been ticketed to start for us or be the first guy off the bench) and replace him with a guy who is not going to know all the plays, its going to limit our already poor pass game. I'm all for building for the future and I wouldn't want to bet that Jenkins is on our roster at the end of the season, he will be replaced (probably when Simpson comes back) but for now he has his uses.
    Last edited by 100%CHEESE FREE; 08-31-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Derek Hagan - WR - Bills
    Bills waived WRs Derek Hagan, Ruvell Martin, Naaman Roosevelt, Kamar Aiken and Marcus Easley.
    Each player was known to be on the bubble, but it's surprising the Bills have opted to keep only WR/QB Brad Smith behind Stevie Johnson, David Nelson, Donald Jones and T.J. Graham. Hagan drew praise from coach Chan Gailey early in camp, while Ryan Fitzpatrick called Roosevelt "the man." Nevertheless, one of the league's most muddled receiver corps has finally achieved some clarity.
    rotoworld

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Leslie Frazier? These first three games are going to be important, especially if he wants to stay off the hot seat. If we cut Jenkins (who, by the looks of how he was used in the pre-season has been ticketed to start for us or be the first guy off the bench) and replace him with a guy who is not going to know all the plays, its going to limit our already poor pass game. I'm all for building for the future and I wouldn't want to bet that Jenkins is on our roster at the end of the season, he will be replaced (probably when Simpson comes back) but for now he has his uses.
    So Fraziers job is going to be saved by Jenkins? We are rebuilding. I think Frazier is good for at least another year considering the situation our team is currently in. Jenkins isn't saving anyones job. I think taking Jenkins off the field and replacing him with a more talented WR will help the offense. Any player can learn the play book. We have other WRs with more upside that know the playbook besides Jenkins too.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast