Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should we look at as a WR who can step up and contribute to our offense?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Manny Arceneaux

4 12.50%
  • Devin Aromashodu

3 9.38%
  • Stephen Burton

10 31.25%
  • Michael Jenkins

2 6.25%
  • Kamar Jorden

0 0%
  • A.J. Love

0 0%
  • Kerry Taylor

1 3.13%
  • Bryan Walters

0 0%
  • Jarius Wright

6 18.75%
  • Sign Plaxico Burress

5 15.63%
  • Trade a top draft pick to the Steelers for Mike Wallace

6 18.75%
  • Trade a top draft pick to the Chiefs for Dwayne Bowe

7 21.88%
  • Trade a later pick to the Titans for Kenny Britt

2 6.25%
  • Sign Mike Williams

1 3.13%
  • Pick up a player off-waivers

2 6.25%
  • Roll with who we've got

4 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Brady also has a great offensive coordinator tht apparently has a system 4 teams In the nfl think work. Packers saints patrios now lions will run out of 4 wide every down and simply challenged ur 2ndary Making it nearly impossible to blitz effectively. They spread out the defense so much and get so much Time even put wrs could shine in their system.
    we do not run an offense designed to pass the ball, this dual TE **** does nothing but contest the middle of the field and give teams the green light to blitz with such condensed slow developing plays. I don't believe this offense can compete with Musgraves offense.... I think our oline is more than capable of giving ponder time without having to put Rudolph and Carlson on each end of them.
    You're saying that 4 wide receivers will never clog the middle of the field? It's all about the routes you run. Blitzes can be easily beat by a QB and WR/TE with good chemistry to know when the blitz is coming and where the hot read is. Rudolph apparently has great chemistry with Ponder and Carlson's been around for a while.

The point of putting Rudolph and Carlson in there isn't to provide extra blocking for the offensive line. They're there to run routes during passing plays and block for running plays, not provide pass protection.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Am I missing something? How can anyone be pleased with our WRing core? Can you name more then three teams with a worse group? Maybe the Colts, Rams and Browns? This team has a ton of holes and WR is one of the biggest.
    Our top 3 receivers look pretty good. Beyond that there's a lot of potential, but not a lot of reassurances.

What about these: Jets, Dolphins, Bills, Ravens, Texans
    How do they look beyond their top receiver?

Look at 1998, who were our receivers then? Can you name anyone who made a significant contribution beyond Jake Reed, Chris Carter and Randy Moss? What about 2000? Who was there beyond Moss and Carter? Both seasons the Vikes made the NFC championship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hpmott View Post
    You're saying that 4 wide receivers will never clog the middle of the field? It's all about the routes you run. Blitzes can be easily beat by a QB and WR/TE with good chemistry to know when the blitz is coming and where the hot read is. Rudolph apparently has great chemistry with Ponder and Carlson's been around for a while.

The point of putting Rudolph and Carlson in there isn't to provide extra blocking for the offensive line. They're there to run routes during passing plays and block for running plays, not provide pass protection.
    Nope I think what he's saying is that our 2 TE offense is not going to go deep and stretch out the defense like a 4 wide set would (which not only is not a regular part of our offense but we would be challenged to run well based on who our WRs are). We really don't have a deep threat on our offense right now. The argument can be made for both Percy, who has shown some improvement being used on the outside this pre-season and

Our top 3 receivers look pretty good. Beyond that there's a lot of potential, but not a lot of reassurances.

Look at 1998, who were our receivers then? Can you name anyone who made a significant contribution beyond Jake Reed, Chris Carter and Randy Moss? What about 2000? Who was there beyond Moss and Carter? Both seasons the Vikes made the NFC championship.
    Our top 2 WRs look good/alright (Jerome Simpson is an unknown quantity in the role we're asking him to do), beyond that we have very marginal guys. We should not be reliant upon Jenkins to be a regular contributing part of our offense, if we do we're setting ourselves up to be let down. He should be a bit player at this point and again, the lack of quality at WR is telling because he's still apparently our #3.

All the teams you mentioned except for the Dolphins have a better group of WRs than we do and its very likely that the three AFC East teams you listed (with the possible exception of the Bills) will be horrible.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash

What have our WRs done this preseason to say they look good? I didn't know dropping very catchable passes was a good sign?

Every team you mentioned has a better WRing core then we do besides the Dolphins. The Jets are also close but the other three teams aren't even debatable.

In 1998 and 2000 we had two future hall of famers as WRs. Who on this team now is even close to Carter and Moss? We currently don't have a WR that has ever received for over 1,000 yards in a season. Also the other WRs on the roster in 98 were Matthew Hatchette, Chris Walsh, Robert Tate and Tony Bland. You are right they didn't contribute much but I'm sure it was hard when you had Moss and Carter combining combining for 2,324 yards and 29 TDs.

vCash
    I think it's time to bring in T.O. or Edwards if Sea let's them go. Got to make some kind of a move. Tired of seeing so many other teams just loaded up with good looking development guys and we don't have a pot to piss in.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    What have our WRs done this preseason to say they look good? I didn't know dropping very catchable passes was a good sign?

Every team you mentioned has a better WRing core then we do besides the Dolphins. The Jets are also close but the other three teams aren't even debatable.

In 1998 and 2000 we had two future hall of famers as WRs. Who on this team now is even close to Carter and Moss? We currently don't have a WR that has ever received for over 1,000 yards in a season. Also the other WRs on the roster in 98 were Matthew Hatchette, Chris Walsh, Robert Tate and Tony Bland. You are right they didn't contribute much but I'm sure it was hard when you had Moss and Carter combining combining for 2,324 yards and 29 TDs.
    I still remember Hatchette scoring that TD against Atlanta (talk about opening up old wounds). As for the rest, I think Tate was a return man, Walsh was a depth guy and I think Bland got cut.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel0227 View Post
    I think it's time to bring in T.O. or Edwards if Sea let's them go. Got to make some kind of a move. Tired of seeing so many other teams just loaded up with good looking development guys and we don't have a pot to piss in.
    Daniel, that's exactly what Owens isn't though and one of the reasons we shouldn't go after him. I forget who it was who was talking about how well he was getting along with people in Seattle right before someone posted that bit about him being a complainer. The guy is a clubhouse lawyer. He'll come in right contrite and try to fit in well with everyone and once he has some young guys around him (who are looking up to him because he is one of the all-time greats at WR) he'll start his BS. No room for that on our team. I'll take a young guy of marginal talent who will give his all to fight for a place on the roster any day over a guy like T.O.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Donte' Stallworth - WR - Patriots
    Patriots released WR Donte' Stallworth.
    Stallworth's straight-line speed isn't enough. Now 31, he nearing the end of his career after bouncing between three different teams in the last three seasons. The Patriots are going to roll with Deion Branch and Jabar Gaffney as the primary backups to Brandon Lloyd and Wes Welker. Julian Edelman and Matt Slater also project to make the final roster as special teams assets.
    rotoworld

He's not big but its hard to argue that he's not still a deep threat. I don't see him being some huge impact player but he could add something that we're missing (speed on the outside) at WR.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Donte' Stallworth - WR - Patriots

rotoworld

He's not big but its hard to argue that he's not still a deep threat. I don't see him being some huge impact player but he could add something that we're missing (speed on the outside) at WR.
    Nice hell yea,,,Bring him in. A couple years ago he was a beast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    Nice hell yea,,,Bring him in. A couple years ago he was a beast
    I'm going to try to re-watch his plays in the pre-season and see what I think (I was mostly looking at Branch when the pats played).

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    So I just finished watching Stallworth's plays and I come away with
    His speed is not as evident as it used to be, and if a DB is by him he's usually not going to beat them for the ball. He did have a drop against Tampa too and was only playing with NE's 2nd and 3rd teams.

That said, is he a better option than say Devin Aromashodu? Maybe.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    So the Cowboys just cut Raymond Radway. I'm thinking Andre Holmes, Dwayne Harris and Cole Beasley are going to be their keepers. I think that Radway would be a great guy for us to get even if we just put him on the PS.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    I don't know. I guess I'm just an optimist. Granted Jenkins hasn't lived up to his hype when he first came into the league, but I do think he is a reliable receiver. He had what almost 800 yards last season with 3 different quarterbacks (2 of which didn't throw that much) and an offense that was horrible to watch, to put it nicely. He's not flashy, but that's not what he's there for.
    I like Simpson. Yes, he hasn't put up wow you numbers yet, but then neither did Victor Cruz before last year. The one year Simpson actually had a good QB throwing to him, he put up respectable numbers, and he does have raw athletic ability.
    Do I need to say anything about Harvin? Love his heart, his savvy, his speed, his toughness...
    Rudolph is also not the typical TE. He is more of a Gronkowski or Hernandez type that can stretch the field as a deep threat. Because of his ability to rip the ball out of the air, it's not as important that he get separation, even though he can separate well from most linebackers.
    Like I said, this is not going to be a passing attack to rival the greatest show on turf, or the Saints last year, or even the Vikes of 1998 and 2000. However, I think the parts are there for the passing game to be successful. We are a run first team anyway, whether it's Gerhart or Peterson. The passing game will be used to keep the defense from stacking 8 in the box against the run or to take advantage of play-action to get that quick hit deep throw or even TD.
    Is it my dream offense? Absolutely not!!! Am I still excited about what they might be able to achieve this season? With cautious optimism, yes.

vCash
    Terrell Owens - WR - Seahawks
    The Jets are not interested in free agent WR Terrell Owens, according to the Daily News.
    The Jets are desperate for playmakers on offense and are known to take risks with high-profile players. But even Rex Ryan and friends don't want any part of a 38-year-old Owens. His on-field production is just no longer worth it.
    rotoworld

Good decision by the Jets.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Danario Alexander - WR - Rams
    Rams waived/injured WR Danario Alexander.
    Alexander will revert to injured reserve if he goes unclaimed on waivers. The 6-foot-5, 217-pound third-year pro is long on talent, but even longer on injuries, and had been sidelined the majority of camp by a hamstring ailment. "DX" has been productive in 18 career games, snagging 46 passes for 737 yards and three touchdowns, but has rarely been able to practice. DX's size and athleticism could keep him on the NFL radar, but his career is just about through if he can't get and stay healthy in the very near future.
    Rotoworld

The guy is too fragile. He might be an interesting project but I don't see the use of carrying him on the 75 and then 53 man roster until we can put him on IR.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast