Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should we look at as a WR who can step up and contribute to our offense?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Manny Arceneaux

4 12.50%
  • Devin Aromashodu

3 9.38%
  • Stephen Burton

10 31.25%
  • Michael Jenkins

2 6.25%
  • Kamar Jorden

0 0%
  • A.J. Love

0 0%
  • Kerry Taylor

1 3.13%
  • Bryan Walters

0 0%
  • Jarius Wright

6 18.75%
  • Sign Plaxico Burress

5 15.63%
  • Trade a top draft pick to the Steelers for Mike Wallace

6 18.75%
  • Trade a top draft pick to the Chiefs for Dwayne Bowe

7 21.88%
  • Trade a later pick to the Titans for Kenny Britt

2 6.25%
  • Sign Mike Williams

1 3.13%
  • Pick up a player off-waivers

2 6.25%
  • Roll with who we've got

4 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    So Fraziers job is going to be saved by Jenkins? We are rebuilding. I think Frazier is good for at least another year considering the situation our team is currently in. Jenkins isn't saving anyones job. I think taking Jenkins off the field and replacing him with a more talented WR will help the offense. Any player can learn the play book. We have other WRs with more upside that know the playbook besides Jenkins too.
    Jenkins himself is not an impact player, however having to run a vanilla offense the first week or two because one of your starting wideouts doesn't know/is just learning the playbook will have impact.

As far as our other WRs go, we don't really have anybody who can fill Jenkins big and tall role, and I'm not ready to say I'm sold on Aromashodu, after he had one good game against 3rd and 4th string guys. Aromashodu is perpetually going to be a hot-or-cold kind of player. I liked what I saw from Wright but its not like he's going to be out-jumping anybody.

Again, I don't think Frazier will be fired by Week 4, however if we go in the tank there's going to be all sorts of backlash "FIRE FRAZIER NOWWWWWWW!" signs and such which this team really could just as well avoid, we don't need that at the start of a rebuild, hearing for the next 8 months or so how inept the leadership structure of the team is and how Zygi needs to reboot the whole place.

I'm all for replacing Jenkins with a better WR, hopefully it will happen with whoever we get on waivers, however whoever we get, don't expect to see them be a featured part of our offense right out of the gate. Once again I don't expect to see Jenkins cut right away.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    I'm pretty bummed that Manny got cut. I wonder why the coach said what he did about him? The whole "in 20 years he has improved the most out of any player I have seen"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AllDay775124 View Post
    I'm pretty bummed that Manny got cut. I wonder why the coach said what he did about him? The whole "in 20 years he has improved the most out of any player I have seen"
    He's probably ticketed for the practice squad. I don't necessarily think that Stewart was lying when he said that, but what it comes down to is that after what Aromashodu did last night, Arceneaux is the most expendable of the guys we have on the roster. Also since we might be bringing someone in on waivers, they had to get the roster spot somewhere.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    He's probably ticketed for the practice squad. I don't necessarily think that Stewart was lying when he said that, but what it comes down to is that after what Aromashodu did last night, Arceneaux is the most expendable of the guys we have on the roster. Also since we might be bringing someone in on waivers, they had to get the roster spot somewhere.
    I understand that the NFL is a tricky business but just seeing a friend get cut sucks. Maybe he'll be activated again like last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AllDay775124 View Post
    I understand that the NFL is a tricky business but just seeing a friend get cut sucks. Maybe he'll be activated again like last year.
    Yeah you never know. I see absolutely no indication that they're done with him though and I think out of all the guys we cut he's going to be one that we want on the PS. I think he still has eligibility left since they activated him after Burton last year.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    the vikings can pick up one of the three packers wrs cut tonight. tommarow morning when the waiver process begins. i know some on this board wanted the pack to cut moss and they did

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleplayer543 View Post
    the vikings can pick up one of the three packers wrs cut tonight. tommarow morning when the waiver process begins. i know some on this board wanted the pack to cut moss and they did
    Hell yeah. Moss AND Gurly(sp) would be a great way to go. I'm not that optomistic though. Speilman has kinda been pissing me off with his moves lately(or lack of moves). Especially when it comes to the WR corps. I got a bad feeling that he really believes we are good there. Which is a scary thought. If he really does believe that then we are in for a lot of headaches when it comes to his personell decisions.
    Hey coach. Do you have ANY idea what you are doing?
    Thats what I thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleplayer543 View Post
    I take full credit for the above mentioned statement.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    I take full credit for the above mentioned statement.
    Hey I was talking about Dale Moss too

vCash
    I am all in for Marvin McNutt. I think he or Gurley are our best decision.. be nothing better to bring moss and Gurley in though and throw.em a couple td as we beat green bay later in the.year and make em wish they woulda kept em lol

vCash
    the eagles grabbed mcnutt

vCash
    Marvin McNutt - WR - Eagles
    Sep 2 - 8:42 AM

Eagles signed WRs Marvin McNutt and B.J. Cunningham to their practice squad.
    McNutt passed through waivers unclaimed, confirming he's not especially highly regarded around the NFL. A sixth-round pick in April, McNutt caught one ball for 13 yards in the preseason. Cunningham, who was drafted by the Dolphins, had five catches for 38 yards in four exhibition games. McNutt is the better prospect.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ll-player-news

vCash
    Add another young guy to the mix

Chris Summers WR - Summers spent most of camp with the Chicago Bears before being released. Another small school player, having played his college ball at Liberty University, Summers broke a few Big South Conference records that had been held by some guy named Jerome Simpson. He also has a pretty intriguing blend of size and speed. . .he's 6'5", 215 pounds, and ran his 40-yard dash in 4.52 seconds at his Pro Day. Over his junior and senior years with the Flames, he caught 140 passes for 2,095 yards (15 yards/catch) and 22 touchdowns, including 15 scores as a junior. As a senior, he had two games of 200-plus yards, including a 10-catch, 240-yard performance in his final college game.
    http://www.dailynorseman.com/2012/9/...practice-squad

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Another big developmental WR. I like it. The more the merrier.

vCash
    Im not worried about the WR situation, see the thing is look at NE they got like 4 TE's and they are looking at another(Winslow) they were almost unstoppable with their double TE sets last year and everybody and their Grandma knew where they were going to throw it. I think with Kyle, whom is our Gronk, and with Carlson, whom will sort of be our Hernandez, we will be coping them this year. We just need the line to give Ponder some Brady time in the pocket. Ponder with time has the brain to be a mix between Brady/Brees maybe not that potent but that type of QB. The double TE sets also make it way easier for Ponder on last second check downs and way more easier for AP and Toby to get some holes to run through.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast