Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

next-gen Xbox details emerge, reinforcing reports that used games will be unplayable

http://news.yahoo.com/next-gen-xbox-...164504269.html
    The mystery surrounding Sony’s (SNE) PlayStation 4 will soon dissipate when the company unveils its next-generation video game console on February 20th. Meanwhile, Microsoft’s (MSFT) upcoming rival console is still very much a mystery, though pieces of the puzzle continue to come together. The latest report comes from Edge, which cites multiple unnamed people with “first-hand experience of Microsoft’s next generation console” in claiming that the new Xbox will require an always-on internet connection to check disc registration in order to function. The report reinforces earlier rumors that Microsoft will restrict or even completely block owners’ ability to play used games.

[More from BGR: Microsoft Surface Pro review]

Edge also reaffirms specs reported earlier, including a 1.6GHz eight-core AMD CPU, D3D11.x 800MHz graphics and 8GB of RAM, and it says we should expect a new Kinect sensor to launch alongside the console.

[More from BGR: New reports throw cold water on BlackBerry Z10 sell-outs]

Microsoft’s next Xbox is expected to be unveiled during the E3 gaming conference this summer
    Bad news. Cant be true. I hardly ever buy new games.
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Lol I was just about to post this. I love being to trade in games, so this sucks if true. Will be a pretty big incentive for people to gey the PS4 if Sony doesn't follow suit. Gamestop must be ******** themselves too. Microsoft is digging itself an early grave, I'm not sure there has been a positive reaction to their next gen specs.

vCash
    And I bet they jack prices up another $10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks19791024 View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/next-gen-xbox-...164504269.html

Bad news. Cant be true. I hardly ever buy new games.
    The fact its requiring constant online DRM in order to function is a massive drawback, and frankly ****ing stupid.

Thats much worse than no used games.
    Last edited by 1-800-STFU; 02-06-2013 at 01:52 PM.

vCash

next-gen Xbox details emerge, reinforcing reports that used games will be unplayable

So if u want to bring a video game to a friends house you won't be able to play it on their system? So gamestop, gamefly, redbox, family video and other retailers are SOL?

vCash
    Looks like goodbye Xbox and Hello ps4
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Gamestop's stock also took a pretty big drop today because of the story.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagocubsfan View Post
    Gamestop's stock also took a pretty big drop today because of the story.
    It's back up now

vCash
    Yeah if this is true I won't be getting the new Xbox.

I have absolutely ZERO problem with companys like EA and their online pass thing, because well I think they do deserve to receive some profits off of used games.

To make them completely unplayable is bull ****. 75% of games I play are used, so this basically ends it for me. I may have to switch to PS4, or just stick with my Wii U.

vCash
    The only way this could be tolerable is if they dramatically lower the cost of new games.
    So those days of $60-$65 needs to be dropped to $40 at the minimum.
    If Sony goes for this too this blows.
    Last edited by 29$JerZ; 02-06-2013 at 02:46 PM.

vCash
    I feel like if this is true, there is no way the PS4 won't be doing it too. It would be suicide for XBOX sales I imagine. Unless the console itself just blows the PS4 out of the water (yeah right) or the cost of it is far less than the PS4, I'd imagine people would be flocking to the PS4 like crazy.

Maybe cheaper original costs for games? (Yeah right again)

I might not be getting either honestly, but if the XBOX has unplayable used games and the PS4 doesn't and I do decided to get one, I guess I'm switching back to Sony again...reluctantly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks19791024 View Post
    Looks like goodbye Xbox and Hello ps4
    +1.

vCash
    This is ********.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    If this crap is true I am full on going PC gaming. Steam has already started to push me in that direction as it is.

vCash
    Thank the lord for PC gaming and STEAM!!!!!!!!!11

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast