Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

What would our lines look like?

With Gabby out till Dec-Jan, and this is not including a signing of Doan or a trade for Ryan, as of right now we have 12 forwards under contract. To start the season:

Kreider/Richards/Nash
    Hagelin/Stephan/Cally
    Pyatt/Halpern/Boyle
    Asham/Rupp/Haley

Girardi/DZ
    Stall/McD
    Bickel/Sauer

Once Gabby returns, or if we sign Doan or trade for Ryan, the whole Dynamic changes. anxious to see what happens

vCash
    Hagelin-Richards-Nash
    Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik/Callahan(When Gabs out)
    Pyatt-Boyle-Callahan
    Rupp-Halpern-Asham

McDonagh-Girardi
    Staal-Stralman
    MDZ-Bickel

vCash
    Nash has played LW for Canada, he will likely be tried out on one of the top two lines on LW when Gaborik comes back with Callahan keeping the 2nd line RW spot and Hagelin moving to third line, unless that doesn't work. I think that maybe Jasper Fast or JT Miller enter the lineup to start the year as well.
    To start the year...
    Hagelin Richards Nash
    Kreider Stepan Callahan
    Pyatt Boyle Fast/Miller
    Rupp Halpern Asham

Gaborik return..
    Kreider Richards Gaborik
    Nash Stepan Callahan
    Hagelin Boyle Pyatt
    Rupp Halpern Asham ----unless Fast or Miller impress

vCash
    Id like to see something this when Gabs returns.

Nash Richards Cally
    Kreider Stepan Gaborik
    Hagelin Boyle Pyatt
    Rupp Halpern Asham

If Miller/Hrivik/Fast play until Gabs returns and fit then move Pyatt down and Asham and Rupp take turns rotating in and out of the lineup.

vCash
    I thought Nash played left wing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S-77 View Post
    I thought Nash played left wing?
    No Nash is typically a RW but as I said before he has played LW when playing for Canada.

vCash
    Putting Hagelin or Cally with Boyle basically ruins their entire offensive game. Thus, why you need a legit third line center. I hope Miller is ready but I don't think so. I'm sure the Rangers are praying behind closed doors that Miller lights it up at Hartford after 30 games so they can have him center the third line.

vCash
    Hagelin-Richards-Nash
    Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
    Pyatt-Boyle-Thomas/Miller?
    Rupp-Halpern-Asham

There you go

vCash
    Thomas? He isn't even close to being ready for the NHL. He's physically weak. In fact, he's dropped way down on the prospect list for the organization. You can just see it by the way they no longer talk about him.

vCash
    Christian Thomas is not NHL ready. He's really a long shot to make the club, and in all likelihood is in desparate need of a full season or more at the AHL level. Played only 11 total games for Ceonnecticut last year and just turned 20 in May. For all we know with Thomas, his lack of size may be a thing that precludes him from ever being a full time NHL'er.

Miller is probably closer at this point, and he needs some seasoning as well.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a veteran winger get a camp invite for a tryout, make the club, and grab a spot in the bottom six. That's what happened with Feds in 2010 and he got two seasons out of it.

vCash
    One of them is going to make it, or maybe even have Newbury make it, but then that puts one of Asham/Rupp on the 3rd line, unless Newbury plays 3rd line Center and Boyle moves to RW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    One of them is going to make it, or maybe even have Newbury make it, but then that puts one of Asham/Rupp on the 3rd line, unless Newbury plays 3rd line Center and Boyle moves to RW
    I don't see Newbury starting the season in NY, one of Miller or Fast will be there I think, if they fail maybe Newbury fills in.

vCash
    No way Newbury makes the team. The guy is a 30-year old, career AHL'er who has played a grand total of 51 NHL games. Same thing with Chad Kolarik. If they have a spot to fill, it'll be one of the younger guys like Miller or Fast, or whoever among them is the most able to play at the NHL level.

Either way though, no matter who it is, you're looking at someone who'll probably wind up playing 4-6 mins. a night on the 4th line, unless someone comes out and just tears it up, which is not very likely.

vCash
    Hagelin / Richards / Nash
    Kreider / Stepan / Callahan
    Boyle / Miller / Pyatt
    Rupp / Halpern / Asham

I am betting (hoping) Miller makes the squad out of training camp.

vCash
    Newbury is more NHL ready then Fast is, he is a long shot to make the team and plus hes played in the NHL before with us, so I would see him as an option before any of them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast