Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 463
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Home of the Red Sea
    Posts
    6,849
    vCash
    1500
    I hate bait threads.

    Its Over.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,752
    vCash
    1500
    reasons why its a bait thread

    1. kobe bryant advanced stats arent even up there

    I've seen kobe go 3/20 tons of nights so im pretty sure his is bad as well

    but yeah hes not a top offensive player either huh?

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bayview Grand..Ixtapa , Mexico
    Posts
    4,105
    vCash
    1500

    Melo....

    I really dont know how Celtics can take the Heat to 7 games than
    draft Jared Sullinger and Fab Melo......unreal...
    Melo will be a very good center.

    Oh....the other Melo.....Car.....Melo.....is a great Basketball player....
    If you doubt it,,,,you really dont know basketball....
    Is he a good fit for the Knicks...thats another question,,I will say this
    he was a bad fit with Mike D.
    Can he play with Amare....that remains to be seen....................

    Melo is a stat stuffer,,,,,,,,Not fair comparing him to Lebron or Durant...
    those 2 are the best NBA players I ever saw.....
    Kevin Love ,,,,well he cant win....now can he ?
    Chris Paul......he is on his way to another team.....he is just visiting the
    Clippers...and I prefer,,,,D Rose...D Williams.....
    Westbrook.....I read somewhere that Linsanity is way better....that might
    have been a Knick Fan on a Trip....
    Stats have a lot to do with who you play with....example....cant double team
    Lebron on the Heat,,,so its easier for him to play ball....

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    58
    vCash
    1500
    Like i said ! Every superstar went through the same scrutiny
    But now since they have a good team nobody seems to see
    anything wrong with their game, let's decide what melo is
    after this season.

    And Lebum James said it himself, that he cannot stop melo,
    everyone who plays against him says they can't stop him
    but Lebum stopped KD , so that makes KD better Offensively
    c'mon let's be serious.

    And every analyst besides the non respectable ones says
    That melo is the best offensive player in the league
    And will be until he retires, why ? Cause nobody can stop him
    plain and simple ! Even Charles ugly said hes hands down the best
    so stop looking at the non-insured stats and look at the
    REAL FACTS !

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    5,093
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    See I can respect this in the bold. You should start all your debates with this statement, that way the person you're speaking with knows what they are getting into. Its NOTHING wrong if you dont like his game but I would like to know what makes you say that he's not a leader of men? Im NOT saying that he is, but unless you have been actually on the court with him or in the locker room or at practice or in film study with him and other Knicks how could you judge his ability to lead?



    And for the record, Billups is not a spot up shooter and he isnt the only person to have success with Melo. Iverson 26.4 pts per game Melo 25.7 pts per game on a 50 win team.
    Iverson and him playing together was a failed experiment IMO because they got knocked out early in the playoffs. I brought up Billups because they went to the ECF with him. Billups is not known for spotting up that is true but he "can" spot up (catch and shoot) is what I'm saying.

    I can't sit here and give you a definitive answer to whether Melo is or is not a leader. But to me he doesn't come off as a leader based on when he's on the court or in his interviews.

    I haven't heard any player come out and say Melo is a great leader like people continuously say about Tyson and his leadership qualities. Tyson leadership qualities are evident on the court I just don't see that in Melo IMO. I could be wrong but I can't recall any player coming out and praise Melo about his leadership qualities.
    Last edited by Blitzace137; 08-06-2012 at 10:52 PM.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    904
    vCash
    1500
    you just compared Melos worst year to most of the others best season. Melo needs a good PG in order to be efficient because if everybody knows that your going to shoot its easy to be guarded. Nobody is saying Melo is perfect and had he put up better numbers we would have been a better team.

    With Felton and Kidd I expect both Melo and Amare to be two of the best teams in the league.
    Eli Manning going for 2012-2013 NFL MVP

    not to mention this: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/ima...ine=1328584116

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    8,126
    vCash
    1750
    Quote Originally Posted by NYkillaPriest View Post
    you just compared Melos worst year to most of the others best season. Melo needs a good PG in order to be efficient because if everybody knows that your going to shoot its easy to be guarded. Nobody is saying Melo is perfect and had he put up better numbers we would have been a better team.

    With Felton and Kidd I expect both Melo and Amare to be two of the best teams in the league.
    Couldn't have said it better.
    Future Ace

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    967
    vCash
    1500
    The Truth About Melo

    Here’s what we know about Carmelo Anthony.

    He struggles to get out of the first round of the playoffs. The reality of that fact is that 5 of the 9 teams Anthony lost to in the first round went on to the NBA Finals and 4 of those 5 won titles. But facts are facts, in his career he’s only won 1 playoff series.

    Carmelo also gets blamed for forcing a trade to the Knicks, who had to give up “too much” for his All-NBA services. Last I checked players don’t actually and officially make trades, front offices do, and from someone who was in the trenches, daily,of what on going and laboriousseries of events in 2010-11, there was a time Denver absolutely didn’t want to trade him to New York. Melo was only extending in New York was what I kept hearing, but had Denver played hard ball, who knows what would have happened. Would they have traded him to New Jersey? Would Melo have gone to free agency? Another fact is that when you look at the players in the dealFelton is back with the Knicks and Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler, combined, make Melo’s money. Where the Knicks going to pay them that? Bottom line is that it’s hard to say right now that the Knicks gave up too much for Melo.

    Patrick Ewing turns 50 today and the expectations placed on Anthony for this year are certainly Ewing-esque. Knicks fans want a championship and championship ball is defined by ball movement… errr, defense. Um, I mean ball movement and defense? See, fans thought Mike D’Antoni couldn’t win a title despite his supreme ball movement style because he ignored defense. The Knicks improved last year under D’Antoni, drastically in fact, but one could make the argument that the Knicks defense would always have struggled in big games as long as D’Antoni was running the shots. Right? Or was it because Melo is a malcontent? Anthony gets blamed for D’Antoni walking out on the Knicks, but there were much deeper locker room issues than just Anthony. Ask anyone close to the team- there were different clicks. More than two, in fact. While D’Antoni was here, from Nate Robinson and Larry Hughes to Anthony and Jeremy Lin, the locker room was never fully unified. Coach D’Antoni is nice guy for sure, but that is a fact. It was never his nature to challenge players to their faces especially off the court.

    Ewing was an all-time great NBA player. He was one of the greatest players in NY sports history. He unfortunately played in Michael Jordan’s era in terms of title chances and maybe even more unfortunately was penalized for stepping one foot on the floor in Miami. I would have given anything to see the Knicks battle Jordan’s Bulls in 1997. Ewing also was never fully appreciated by the fans until after his career ended here. Why?

    The media.

    Patrick’s relationship with the media was cantankerous and before the age of socialmediaand a wide range of information gathering, fansrelied on thepapersto tellthestory.Patrickwas moody and rarely outgoing. He was sensitive and didn’t open up about himself. That’s just who he was and yet somehow that made him a bad person despite it never making him a bad teammate. The guy was a warrior.

    Anthony has no choice now. All the excuses are gone and the only thing that remainsis for him to become the player everyone expects him to be like the one who is dominant during the Olympics. Like Ewing had the Bulls, Melo has an uphill climb with the heat firmly entrenched in the conference, but if the Knicks can win the Atlantic Division then they gain home court advantage that Ewing always had which set him up for constant series wins and big games at home during the playoffs. That’s the goal for this year.

    Look, Melo maybe setting himself up for a massive fail, but don’t let anyone convince you he’s Stephon Marbury because those teams weren’t as good. Don’t let people convince you that Melo doesn’t want to win or that he’s a malcontent.

    Like with Patrick, he has a mountain of expectations on his shoulders. Let him prove it to you one way or the other this year.
    http:// http://www.*******.com/2012/...th-about-melo/

    Looks like this guys took someone's article title and did his own journalism lol! Here's the real thing not and imitation.
    Last edited by kartyea; 08-06-2012 at 11:27 PM.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind the 8 ball
    Posts
    12,142
    vCash
    1500
    Yawn...the OP is just another example of using stats in a negative way. For some reason people think the longer the post the more relevance.
    Anthony is an incredible force IF USED THE RIGHT WAY. Get off the guy.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    bronx newyork
    Posts
    4,667
    vCash
    1500
    yup melo is the goat excuse after excuse knicks fans kiss his *** do we give amare this excuses do give anyone esle no melo is 12-15 player who get hot like no one can but can jack up shots more than anyone.melo has it all but ha never put it together,sorry talent doesn't make a top 10 player results do.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hometown of Gary Gaetti
    Posts
    9,739
    vCash
    1500
    I got an idea, how about we just stop making threads about Melo until the season starts and we see how he does. It's the same **** over and over in here. Both sides continually regurgitate crap constantly. I don't get how any of you take anything from this as it's been all said before. At this point, what is the point?

    Let's move on.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    967
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by seikou8 View Post
    yup melo is the goat excuse after excuse knicks fans kiss his *** do we give amare this excuses do give anyone esle no melo is 12-15 player who get hot like no one can but can jack up shots more than anyone.melo has it all but ha never put it together,sorry talent doesn't make a top 10 player results do.
    You have not idea what your talking about. One man doesn't win a chip a whole team does and everyone one keeps screaming melo this melo that melo doesn't makes teammates better, thats bs. Teammates has got to hit shots. The guys is a good passer, and a willing one at that. A star is only as good as their teammates and the fact of their matter is he hasn't had many. Melo carried Denver simce his rookie year he had a good team one time and what happens their next year they don't even try to get better. They guys is one of they top 5 basketball players in they world.

    And your right results matter and he came to a team that won 16 games the year before and brought them to them playoffs every year he's been there. Then he came to a team whole hasn't been to them playoffs ima years and got them there his first two seasons without a proper supporting cast.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,936
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by seikou8 View Post
    .melo has it all but ha never put it together,sorry talent doesn't make a top 10 player results do.
    You must hate Ewing then........
    Last edited by javsvt; 08-06-2012 at 11:46 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    I honestly dont think Knicks are good but thats me, maybe thats cause I dont watch them they are boring to me and Nets already beat them.
    Classic DMF.....

    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    We have our foot on the Bulls throats with a gun pointed between their eyes. Now we are about to pull the trigger.
    Classic wavey......

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York N.Y.
    Posts
    194
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by seikou8 View Post
    yup melo is the goat excuse after excuse knicks fans kiss his *** do we give amare this excuses do give anyone esle no melo is 12-15 player who get hot like no one can but can jack up shots more than anyone.melo has it all but ha never put it together,sorry talent doesn't make a top 10 player results do.

    So compare his career stats with the 14 guys better then him...Since his stats prove he is 15
    Media: Carmelo thinks Jeremy Lin is a good guy

    Lin Fans: You mean to tell me he isn't a GOD!!!

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    22,080
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ewmania View Post
    reasons why its a bait thread

    1. kobe bryant advanced stats arent even up there

    I've seen kobe go 3/20 tons of nights so im pretty sure his is bad as well

    but yeah hes not a top offensive player either huh?
    No he is not. He is a top offensive talent, but he is no longer a top offensive player. Assuming we are acknowledging that Kobe is good, so lets get past that. There are not many players ABOVE a certain skill level that couldn't do what he does with the amount of ball domination he uses.

    And if you look at his clutch numbers they are terrible. The fact is people ignore all the games where he goes 1 for 5 down the stretch and where he misses clutch shot after clutch shot.

    And this is when people use the most pointless line possible in debates, which is watch the games not just the numbers. Fact is if anyone is using the numbers its because the watch the game. And they see it different then most, so they go and get proof. Which is then ignored because it disagrees with what others are saying.

    I could go in depth into why that happens, from a proven psychological level, but I don't imagine many would care or even read it. The fact is there are plenty of players that could hit as many or more clutch shots as Kobe (and do) but people only hype up his makes.

    Hell when Felton was on our team last he was 2nd behind Kobe in a raw clutch stat (I believe it was just a simple shots made to tie or take the lead with less then a minute left in a game) Do you think Felton was the second most clutch player until then? No, because his name was never brought up so people were not looking to give him that title. Hell people would have probably guessed 50 names before Felton because those are the names that get brought up when they do hit, not when they miss. And again that was a raw number. Breaking it down you see a lot more misses for Kobe. Because he isn't as clutch as people think, and he is very inefficient.

    Fully expecting most to skip it and say, OMG your hating on Kobe OR just skip on to the end and debate only the last thing said.
    Last edited by aNYer; 08-06-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •