Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynKnicks3 View Post
    Coward killer Melo
    Hes a super hero just call him Meloman

vCash
    how many of those players have rings????? because that's all that really matters..you play the game to win a championship...i can probably bet there are dozens of players whose numbers are way worst...and those same players probably have championships...if mello kept those numbers up and brought a ring then what??? ill tell you then what...it means numbers mean absolutely crap as long as you bring home the hardware..
    you think if mello won a ring that some idiot on espn is gona say ....
    ( hey mello brought a title to NY but..... it doesn't mean anything because hes inefficient ).. NO!!!..... all those numbers mean is some nerd that wanted in on liking sports found a way to entertain his self by coming up with these dumb numbers to try to make it interesting and in reality its just a waste of time.... in 2010 kobe bryants efficiency was just as bad as mello and guess what? he won a title...i just dont like how ppl think that these weird numbers mean anything better yet for some ppl to call it a " good " read...

not hating on the thread just hating on the bogus thought of these numbers mean anything.....

vCash
    At the time the thread was completely right and I would bet my life saving that anyone who was on the alleged "anti" Melo side in the debate was still rooting like hell for him to have a breakthrough season as our leader.

I just don't see the purpose in bumping a dead factually based thread that would only lead to potential baiting. Let's just enjoy this great season.

vCash

The Truth About Carmelo Anthony

Lol when Melo haters are proven wrong they want to move forward... Lol figures... Thank goodness none of you are the GM...

Same hate is getting hurled toward Stoudemire.. Redemption is upon us..
    The Dark Knight Rises to Save Gotham Once again..

vCash
    Melooooooooooooooooooo

OJ Mayo 40 points 8 rebounds vs James Harden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV6DCFAfuDo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    At the time the thread was completely right and I would bet my life saving that anyone who was on the alleged "anti" Melo side in the debate was still rooting like hell for him to have a breakthrough season as our leader.

I just don't see the purpose in bumping a dead factually based thread that would only lead to potential baiting. Let's just enjoy this great season.
    at the time of the thread his PG was Bibby and Td??

JR was our second and third and fourth options ?

Now add Kidd, Felton, Brewer, Sheed and even Prigs and his game jumped a level.i

Melo gets way too much heat from this forum and it would be nice to another thread using the same tools to show his MVP season so far.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    I count only 2 Melo haters on this forum.
    Don't see why this was brought up again, Melo is playing exactly how Rosh, myself and any other rational fan wanted Melo to show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 29$JerZ View Post
    Don't see why this was brought up again, Melo is playing exactly how Rosh, myself and any other rational fan wanted Melo to show.
    I agree that he is playing how everybody wants him to play, but he also has to have the players around him to play like that, at least on the offensive end of the court.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    So far Melo is having one of his most efficient seasons ever.

110 Ortg coupled with a >34% USG is beastly.

Oh, I guess since advanced stats are agreeing with the fact that Melo is performing well, now they're okay.
    Wait, I thought advanced stats are stupid!?!?

But yeah he's having a great year. And I haven't complained yet. But everyone can keep thinking I'm anti-Melo.
    Quote Originally Posted by blastmasta26 View Post
    Not to mention career highs in PER and TS%.
    Oh look, more advanced "bullshats."
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post

This.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    at the time of the thread his PG was Bibby and Td??

JR was our second and third and fourth options ?

Now add Kidd, Felton, Brewer, Sheed and even Prigs and his game jumped a level.i

Melo gets way too much heat from this forum and it would be nice to another thread using the same tools to show his MVP season so far.
    Want me to create a thread showing people what they know already to prove that I love Melo? You gotta be ******** me. Why tell people what they already know.
    Quote Originally Posted by 29$JerZ View Post
    Exactly. The bump was totally immature especially from a mod and only will lead to baiting. Can't say I'm surprised by who bumped it though.

vCash
    Mello is the greatest thing to happen to the knicks since Ewing...so advanced stats to prove how inconsistent he is is blasphemy.... were would we be right now without mello? Probably a sub .500 team praying for amare to get healthy fast... even if we had just a healthy amare were not even close to where mello has this team.. ...
    Last edited by yankstheknicks; 12-09-2012 at 11:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankstheknicks View Post
    Mello is the greatest thing to happen to the knicks since Ewing...so advanced stats to prove how inconsistent he is is blasphemy.... were would we be right now without mello? Probably a sub .500 team praying for amare to get healthy fast... even if we had just a healthy amare were not even ckose to where mello has this team.. ...
    Exactly

Advanced stats show nothing bad about Melo now because we are winning and Melo is playing much better than he has the past 2 seasons.
    When this was made it was about the collection of data from 2 seasons (1.5) seasons of Melo and how inconsistent he was for this club which contributed to our 7th seed slot despite having the easiest SoS in the NBA.

So this being brought up again is pointless since it doesn't apply for this season.

vCash
    I apologize for this thread being bumped. I agree that the thread shouldn't have been bumped and if we still felt the urge to talk about this topic, a new thread could have been created to prove a point rather than potentially start heated arguments here.

vCash
    I am sorry everyone missed my point, check that, some missed my point others got it and I appreciate the PM's.

This thread went crazy and some posters points were Melo is Melo, these are his shots, and his teammates changed.

Your eff rating is based on so many factors and advanced stats the same. So if a guy passes but his teammates stink and can't hit the side of the barn, (TD and Landry and others) then yes your advanced stats will not be great.

The other argument was his poor shot selection: well folks his shots are all the same as his entire career, you know turn around jumpers, long threes.

Read the thread and why I bumped it, without bumping it the arguments would not have been understood.

While I'm wrong for bumping it by intentions were not at the OP, not at all, in fact wasn't even a thought.

It was based on comments in GT's still today with back handed compliments and dwelling if something happened bad and no mention of good.

So I'll think about a new thread, but I think the thunder has been taken out.

I'm not sure what 4 or 5 posters point was, but I'm glad Melo is Melo and is playing better defense, hustling but guy's, that has nothing to do with advanced stats, sorry to say.

This is the same go only his not injured and playing for a crummy coach who didn't know how to use his skills.

So moving on, lets beat those Nets......

SI was right for closing the thread but I meant nothing for baits to come out.

Now I can't fly my airplane

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031