Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 463
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    32,584
    vCash
    1500
    LMFAO Someone said this thread is close to baiting.

    The amount of bigotry when it comes to Melo is unreal.

    This is why everyone outside of the Knicks forum thinks we're stupid.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    32,584
    vCash
    1500
    By the way, I am dying to see if anyone will actually counter any of Rosh's points with actual evidence.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Valley stream, NY
    Posts
    1,765
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    There is no middle ground with Melo thats for sure. I try to acknowledge both the things he does great and the things that are holding him back from being top 5 player material.

    Best offensive skill set in the league, most clutch player in the league, unguardable when hes in a groove, defensive can be more of a plus than a minus, can be the best player on the floor any given night no matter who is out there, has shown he can outshine the best players in the league during the Olympics.

    Takes some questionable shots, does not score as efficiently as he should, hasn't shown the ability to dominate in a team oriented game in a Knick jersey, hasn't shown he can make his teammates better, teammates have a difficult time playing alongside him, defense is only a plus when he wants it to be.
    Could not have been said better
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

    So Tired of Melo Ball




  4. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,753
    vCash
    1500
    bla bla bla

    another melo hate troll thread... summertime is the worse time for knicks forums

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Valley stream, NY
    Posts
    1,765
    vCash
    1500
    I really don't know get what conclusion you are drawing. The fact that his game is flawed isn't exactly news. But who's game isn't flawed? But I will agree that although Melo might be a top 5 talent in the NBA, he hasn't been performing like one. Also basketball statistics aren't exactly a perfect science
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

    So Tired of Melo Ball




  6. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,753
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    By the way, I am dying to see if anyone will actually counter any of Rosh's points with actual evidence.
    its not really if the thread has a point

    its basically whats the point of it??? guys who love Melo it won't change anyones mind

    just like if a guy pointed out all Melo's positive points the haters will still hate him

    so this is actually a bait thread with no value

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    32,584
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ewmania View Post
    its not really if the thread has a point

    its basically whats the point of it??? guys who love Melo it won't change anyones mind

    just like if a guy pointed out all Melo's positive points the haters will still hate him

    so this is actually a bait thread with no value
    The point of this thread is to dispel the ignorantly spread myths about Melo.

    At least three people in this thread have said Melo's "the best offensive player in the league" when it is clearly not the case.

    So if these people actually believe what they say, bring the evidence if you're truthful.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    5,116
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    Im curious, what robot spot up shooters are you talking about? Im serious, name five of them b/cuz here are the top scorers on Melo's teams since he came into the league.......

    Iverson
    Billups
    JR Smith
    NeNe
    KMart
    Stats
    A Miller
    M Camby
    E Boykins
    J Lin
    Voshon Leonard ( The only robot spot up shooter)

    So who are these spot up robots you talkin about? Leonard and Novak?
    That is what I'm trying to say Melo needs the perfect system and the unique set of players to succeed playing his brand of basketball.

    The only player he had any real success playing with is Chauncey. Why? because Billups is a spot up shooter, high IQ half court PG. He set up Melo and was ready to shoot if the ball came back to him.

    Melo's supporters blame Karl which is fair because I think Karl and Melo were a bad fit, now he has a half court coach in Woodson but no Chauncey, Felton is not a spot up shooter. J.R. is an erratic shooter, Brewer just can't shoot. Shump was a decent spot up shooter. The only shooter on this team is Novak. Kidd is better off starting because Kidd can spot up and set Melo up.

    There is gonna be some serious issues come playoff time. Once teams adjust to the Knicks offense IMO. 50+ wins in the regular season but come playoff time Woody's system is gonna be put to the test.

    I just don't like Melo's game. I still think he's a flawed superstar. To me he's not a leader he can't lead a group of men. He's a top 5 talent no doubt but I don't see him winning a ship within the next three years IMO. I'll continue to root for him because the front of his jersey says NEW YORK .
    Last edited by Blitzace137; 08-06-2012 at 09:30 PM.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,652
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by roshan3ai View Post
    What I wrote out shows why he's not one of the best offensive players in the game. He's a top offensive talent, a great rebounder for a SF, and a clutch player. But there are a good number of deficiencies in his game
    Great post roshan, it explains Melo's deficiencies very well. Unfortunately there is only one way to make Melo and the knicks offensively cohesive- Move him to the PF position and keep him there. Make him the prototype power forward, because thats what he his. He's a better passer from the inside than from any other area on the court. His moves are too predictable from 15ft and out as he tends to put his head down prior to his patented windups.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,163
    vCash
    1500
    2nd best player in the nba stfu close thread

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    987
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzace137 View Post
    That is what I'm trying to say Melo needs the perfect system and the unique set of players to succeed playing his brand of basketball.

    The only player he had any real success playing with is Chauncey. Why? because Billups is a spot up shooter, high IQ half court PG. He set up Melo and was ready to shoot if the ball came back to him.

    Melo's supporters blame Karl which is fair because I think Karl and Melo were a bad fit, now he has a half court coach in Woodson but no Chauncey, Felton is not a spot up shooter. J.R. is an erratic shooter, Brewer just can't shoot. Shump was a decent spot up shooter. The only shooter on this team is Novak. Kidd is better off starting because Kidd can spot up and set Melo up.

    There is gonna be some serious issues come playoff time. Once teams adjust to the Knicks offense IMO. 50+ wins in the regular season but come playoff time Woody's system is gonna be put to the test.

    I just don't like Melo's game. I still think he's a flawed superstar. To me he's not a leader he can't lead a group of men. He's a top 5 talent no doubt but I don't see him winning a ship within the next three years IMO. I'll continue to root for him because the front of his jersey says NEW YORK .


    See I can respect this in the bold. You should start all your debates with this statement, that way the person you're speaking with knows what they are getting into. Its NOTHING wrong if you dont like his game but I would like to know what makes you say that he's not a leader of men? Im NOT saying that he is, but unless you have been actually on the court with him or in the locker room or at practice or in film study with him and other Knicks how could you judge his ability to lead?



    And for the record, Billups is not a spot up shooter and he isnt the only person to have success with Melo. Iverson 26.4 pts per game Melo 25.7 pts per game on a 50 win team.
    Last edited by elledaddy; 08-06-2012 at 09:47 PM.

    Mike Woodson NYK

    Record ... 72 - 34

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,504
    vCash
    1500
    Wow these posters are such homers. I appreciate Rosh for making this thread. This is how I would summarize melo:
    1) a top 5 talent who still hasn't put it completely together
    2) The best scorer in terms of scoring in different ways. But he needs to stop taking mid-range shots bc those are inefficient shots and that's why he's an inefficient scorer
    3) He's a lazy defender although he has improved under Woodson and was a really good/great defender during the 2009 playoffs. Re-watch the games and you'll see that he was the one who defended Kobe and did a good job. So he has the potential to become a good/great defender
    4) the best clutch player in the game
    5) A good passer when he wants to pass. He's a good (not great) playmaker, but he looks bad in his playmaking skill bc we tend to miss a lot of wide open 3's when he passes the ball

    With all that being said, I think Melo will have a career year this year

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,936
    vCash
    1500
    So just because a few call him great, you must label all fans. We know Melo is not the greatest player, but he is a Knick, and he is the best we have. So the object of this thread to those who agree with me is what?
    Statistics mean nothing to me when I know the talent is there. Now you guys can blame him all you want about Dantoni, and not playing to his potential. But isn't that what coaching does, motivate players, and Mike did not do that. So blame him for the losing from that period, but no one puts any blame on the 100 million dollar man that plays with him, and who has not lived up to his hype. Blame both, be fair......

    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    I honestly dont think Knicks are good but thats me, maybe thats cause I dont watch them they are boring to me and Nets already beat them.
    Classic DMF.....

    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    We have our foot on the Bulls throats with a gun pointed between their eyes. Now we are about to pull the trigger.
    Classic wavey......

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MSG
    Posts
    2,929
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynKnicks3 View Post
    2nd best player in the nba stfu close thread

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York N.Y.
    Posts
    194
    vCash
    1500
    I think it's taboo to like Melo on here ...with that said I just wished you used their career numbers instead of the one season he was awful. Especially if that season has an asterisk next to it. My question is if you post his career numbers would he still be only top 15...Oh wait I'm not saying he is better then anyone but someone please use career numbers let's see where he ranks...it's probably better then 15 other then that I appreciate the research brother.
    Media: Carmelo thinks Jeremy Lin is a good guy

    Lin Fans: You mean to tell me he isn't a GOD!!!

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •