Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Bobby Ryan

vCash

Bobby Ryan

Rumor is bruins are interested in ryan

I really think we need to make a deal for him. Something like krej caron and a pick i feel would get it done. The ducks need a 2nd line center, and we need more scoring help on the wing. With moving krej seguin finally can become a full time center. With moving caron we make room for either knight or spooner to fill in the 3rd line wing spot.

vCash
    It is always a possibility but as of right now the Bruins appear to be ready to start the season with the roster they have. Chiarelli said during the Claude Julien extension presser that he would be looking to make a deal during the season to address his team rather than in the off-season.

That isn't to say something may or may not happen, I just think they are going to stand pat for the time being and his words reinforce that.

There are some significant UFA's this upcoming season like Jarome Iginla, Corey Perry, Patrik Elias, etc. These could all be players the Bruins look at. Ryan is also an option, just don't expect him in our uniform any time soon

vCash
    Yeah i dont either, but it would deff make our team better. we need scoring help from the wing and i feel like seguin will perform a lot better in his natural postion, since he is more of a playmaker then a sniper i could see his numbers significantly increase playing center

vCash
    Corey Perry or Iginla... Mhmm, that'd be nice.

vCash
    In order to get Ryan you would have to give up Lucic and perhaps Marchand. That should do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wewantthecup View Post
    In order to get Ryan you would have to give up Lucic and perhaps Marchand. That should do it.
    Lucic and Ryan are somewhat similar... 0% chance it'd take a guy like Marchand to tip the scale.

A deal for Ryan likely is around Krejci and I don't see Boston doing that.

vCash
    If it's Krejci for Ryan straight up, it's a pretty tempting offer. Krejci is a talented player, but it is a luxury for a need kind of swap. We could lose Krejci's spot at center fairly painlessly by replacing him with Bergeron or Seguin. Whereas upgrading the wing with Ryan would be a big hand. Of coursse we lose some center depth which sucks, but filling out the roster a bit better is a big help.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Not to mention swapping Krejci with Ryan adds to our teams already surplus toughness/physicality, which may or may not be a good thing.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy