Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

nhl finally addressing diving

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/08/2...rrassing-list/

here's looking at you montreal and vancouver

vCash
    So you just basically call out your two biggest rivals as the #1 and #2 teams?Coincidence? Probably not. I so agree with those teams doing so, but let's not act like there aren't others up there with them, that aren't rivals.

I'm glad the NHL is stepping up. Diving is just horrible to watch out there. It takes the game down notches. They need to step up on the boarding calls too. I'm sick of a player going in for a fair hit, and the opposing player turns his back.

vCash
    Every team has a guy or two that does it. No need to act like it is only players on teams you don't like that are doing it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    Every team has a guy or two that does it. No need to act like it is only players on teams you don't like that are doing it
    I like Ryan Kesler, but the past few years, he's been up there for the worst/best? divers. He completely flops now, and I'm disappointed.

vCash
    Everyone on Montreal dives...let's not beat around the bush here guys
    PSD Bruins Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Boston Bruins Style

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyras View Post
    Everyone on Montreal dives...let's not beat around the bush here guys
    Oh come on. They've got some absolute warriors on that team, wheither you're hatred allows you to show it or not. Brian Gionta, Erik Cole, Josh Gorges, and Travis Moen are perfect examples.

EDIT: I just youtubed "Boston Bruins Diving" and I found numerous videos. Every team has players that dive. Not just those guys. Not every single one of those guys are sitting there diving every single game. I don't want to turn this into a "Boston Bruins against myself" thread so I'll leave it at that. Montreal dives. Vancouver dives. Boston dives. Detroit dives. Some more than others. It's not just rivals that dive.
    Last edited by BranWingss; 08-30-2012 at 07:56 PM.

vCash
    Omfg do ppl have to be so high and mighty all the time and get into semantic arguments about nothing?

Poll 100 NHL fans and I'm sure the majority will tell u when asked "which two teams dive/flop the most?" - Montreal and Vancouver.

They happened to be our two biggest rivals so what?

You tube? That's a very reliable source. Btw I also searched it for bruins diving and I got two legit dives by Marchand, and about a hundred were videos of opponents diving against the B's.

Let's not say the "Bruins Dive" because one of our youngest players has done it twice. Montreal Dives, Vancouver Dives. Detroit is boring and don't do anything.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Oh come on. They've got some absolute warriors on that team, wheither you're hatred allows you to show it or not. Brian Gionta, Erik Cole, Josh Gorges, and Travis Moen are perfect examples.

EDIT: I just youtubed "Boston Bruins Diving" and I found numerous videos. Every team has players that dive. Not just those guys. Not every single one of those guys are sitting there diving every single game. I don't want to turn this into a "Boston Bruins against myself" thread so I'll leave it at that. Montreal dives. Vancouver dives. Boston dives. Detroit dives. Some more than others. It's not just rivals that dive.
    Bruins fans here tend to be very over the top and one-sided with a lot of stuff they say

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    Bruins fans here tend to be very over the top and one-sided with a lot of stuff they say
    This

vCash
    We should all be objective, level headed, and sensible.

That's not a fan. That's a news reporter, and that's incredibly boring. I'm so sick of this place being a "my posts are better than yours" contest all the time. I come here to discuss hockey, and the bruins with other FANS who are as PASSIONATE as I am.

Seriously the league wants a list of divers given to the refs. Our most hated rivals are NOTORIOUS HABITUAL EGREGIOUS DIVERS.

Should we not have a thread? Should we only discuss the facts in non-emotional purely analytical fashion?

Lame

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Every different posting style. Some people like to use facts and stats to support their arguments.... Some people don't.

To me, it's no fun just posting _____ sucks or _____ whole team dives. It's a lot more fun for me and probably other posters as well, to break down what we'd consider to be wrong.

There's a difference between beig a passionate fan and lookin like a complete fool. Not directed at anyone of course

vCash
    To me it's a lot more fun being a passionate fool than a snide monotonous critic, not directed at anyone in particular of course.