• No

9 31.03%
  • Not Sure / On The Fence

7 24.14%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

K-Mart: How Will BKNY Fans Treat Him IF He Wears the B&W

Kenyon Martin famously left the Nets in July 2004, effectively ending the team's chances at a third trip to the NBA Finals. Now, writes Sam Amick, he's "considering" a return if not to New Jersey then to Brooklyn. Martin could be the fifth "big" Billy King says he's looking for. He is of course, not a natural center. KMart also likes the Lakers.

The 12-year veteran was a key reserve for the Clippers, his impact going way beyond his marginal numbers (5.2 points, 4.3 rebounds) for a team that reached the second round of the playoffs for the second time in franchise history. But sources said the 34-year-old power forward is holding up this later stage of the hiring process for frontcourt free agents, with the Lakers and the Nets among the teams he's considering.

Martin has been quoted as saying he won't sign for vets minimum, but increasingly he has little leverage, with other free agents already agreeing to smaller deals and cap space at a premium. The Nets have only a vets minimum to offer and while L.A. has some MLE money, Mitch Kupchak has said he doesn't intend to use it. Theoretically, the Nets could do a sign-and-trade with the Clippers using their own free agents, but they'd almost certainly have to give up something like cash considerations or a draft pick.
    Interesting to hear coming from K-Mart considering a re-up with the Nets. I feel like this is the missing piece that brings the energy, the throw up your hands to pump up the crowd, towel slapping (yes I just mentioned losers on the bench that pretend to be cool throwing their towel when a dunk happens) presence we need.

I know you Nets fans may feel like he was the missing piece to being Eastern Conference Champs a third year, but hey, its Brooklyn, I try not to hold any grudges.

What do y'all think?

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    I dont think he is an ideal fit, he does not have the size to play center. He is only 6'9, same as all our other bigs besides Lopez.

But I votes yes because he is the best option on the FA market.

vCash
    imagine if both j-kidd and k-mart signed with BK for cheap.

a man can dream.

vCash
    K-Mart would be great, it gives up a chance to rotate Hump at Center (Which last year he did well at) and give up some defense down low.

I think a move to Brooklyn for him would be very rejuvenating.

vCash
    i wouldnt mind. alot better than darko, oden, anyotherbig
    BBRRRROOOOOOOKKKKLLNNNNNNNNNNNNN

vCash
    I voted yes, at least he would be the best big defender we have.

The're aren't many backup center who's decent on O, so i wouldn't mind having a 6'9 guy defending them. I still think we need an other 6'11+ big cause if Lopez is in foul trouble we would need one. I gladly put hump or evans on a Haddadi, but to put them against MGasol or Bynum is almost suicide...

vCash
    I agree fellas. I think the move to Brooklyn will ignite some energy back into the system

"The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Still don't understand why we have both Bogans and Stackhouse. If we got rid of one of them we could still get a SF like Barnes, Josh Howard, Delfino, or Damian James and also sign a Center like Darko but I'm cool with K-Mart it's funny how Bogans will change his jersey number to 6 from 10 maybe the Nets are saving #6 for KMart? Also Teletovic will not wear number 12 but instead wear number 33 seems like the Nets are dreaming of bringing someone big to wear that number 12 jersey :-)

^ She's A Cutie

NEW JERSEY NETS 4-EVER

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan71023 View Post
    Still don't understand why we have both Bogans and Stackhouse. If we got rid of one of them we could still get a SF like Barnes, Josh Howard, Delfino, or Damian James and also sign a Center like Darko but I'm cool with K-Mart it's funny how Bogans will change his jersey number to 6 from 10 maybe the Nets are saving #6 for KMart? Also Teletovic will not wear number 12 but instead wear number 33 seems like the Nets are dreaming of bringing someone big to wear that number 12 jersey :-)
    Jusssssst saying the Dwight talks died down.....oh oh oh oh oh January 15th, 2013

-Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Yes.

He would be our emotional leader, bring energy, and toughness to our team. Plus, he's my all-time favorite Net.

I would buy his jersey and his jersey only.

vCash
    I don't think he fits. But will welcome him back for emotional reasons.

We need a center. Kmart is not a center nor does he have the size.
    BEAT THE KNICKS

vCash
    He'd do well here. I think he's still got some left in the tank and the emotional standpoint would be huge.

vCash
    I think he would be a nice add on. I would prefer Oden though. He can give us a good 15 minutes a game on the cheap as a true back up center if he passes his physical. I would use him sparingly and not play him against teams that do not have a true center or a good back up big. In other words....He would sit out against Charlotte and similar teams. I would try to limit him to under 1000 minutes this season....about 12 minutes a game.

vCash
    I watched KMart in the playoffs last year...I thought he still made plays and was a force when on the court. I'd like to see him come over. He still has that defensive scowl I so loved about him.

njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    vCash

K-Mart: How Will BKNY Fans Treat Him IF He Wears the B&W

He was my favorite player before they traded him. Still got his jersey.

They need more height but he's good for the price theyll pay to get him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast